Kuumba Made Persian Garden

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Kuumba Made Persian Garden

on 8/22/2017 8:42:00 PM

I love this stuff. It's not really what I would imagine something called "Persian Garden" to smell like, but it's enjoyable nonetheless. It's a slightly floral white amber fragrance that smells warm and soft on the skin. It's very similar to Nemat's Amber oil, but I find that I prefer Persian Garden as it doesn't have that strange slightly plasticky note that sometimes come through with Nemat, and instead has a far more natural floral quality at its core that makes it more interesting scent-wise.

It's a soft scent, but it does get noticed. I find that I get anosmic to the perfume after wearing it for a while, but others can detect it long after I think it's gone. It's a 'clean' scent, but not at all soapy or scratchy in nature. Persian Garden is cozy, natural, and very pretty. It stays close to the skin but trails nicely behind you.

This oil layers beautifully with many other fragrances!

on 9/19/2016 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Basically, Kuumba Made's Persian Garden is the scent of *White Amber* -- and smells just like Nemat Amber oil (defined as "white amber" at nematinternational.com, where I ordered mine).

I have both Nemat Amber oil plus KM Persian Garden, plus other oils labeled "White Amber" that I've bought at African kiosks in malls. They all smell the same. *White Amber* is actually more of a white musk than a true amber.

*White amber* doesn't smell deep & brown & rich, like we think of amber. IMHO, it's really a white musk, with a little bit of a light peppery woodiness added to it. I consider it more in the white musk category than amber -- it's a woody white musk. Very skin-like and sensuous.

Last night on "E! Live on the Red Carpet" (before the 2016 Emmys), actress Kristen Bell told Giuliana Rancic (in response to her inquiry) that she was wearing "Amber Oil" that she buys at Whole Foods in a little bottle for $9. She didn't say which brand, but I'm willing to bet that Kristen was wearing Nemat Amber Oil (= white amber).

If your Whole Foods doesn't carry Nemat (ours doesn't; I ordered mine from nematinternational.com), then Kuumba Made's Persian Garden is basically that same "white amber" fragrance. Also, Auric Blends "Love" is Egyptian Musk + White Amber, and our Whole Foods carries both those brands. I've also read in the past that Kristen Bell likes Jovan White Musk (Trisha Yearwood too), and IMHO Nemat Amber oil (white amber) is in the white musk family -- just a bit woodier.

I've always loved musks and have many -- including all of the "white ambers" mentioned above. I'm wearing my Nemat Amber oil right now, inspired by Kristen at the Emmy Awards last night. A very nice scent indeed -- down-to-earth, warm, natural, & sensual!

See my review of Nemat Amber oil from two years ago where I mentioned a coworker approaching my desk and urgently asking me what I was wearing -- the only time she's ever asked me -- and it was Nemat Amber oil. To me, Kuumba Made's Persian Garden (and to a lesser degree Auric Blends Love) smells pretty much the same -- all are white amber.

on 3/22/2015 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

For the life if me, I cannot smell anything. Maybe something is wrong with my nose. Although, I can smell Egyptian Goddess just fine. Disappointing. :(

on 2/8/2011 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is my absolute favorite scent in the entire world, and I will cry bitter tears if it is ever discontinued. I love how this unassuming little roll-on smells on my skin throughout the day, very clean and very unique. I feel like this perfume oil is appropriate for all occasions as it is not over-powering or cloying in the least. I love you Persian Garden, thank you for being there.

Popular Fragrances