Kuumba Made Persian Garden

Kuumba Made Persian Garden

4.8

on 9/19/2016 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Basically, Kuumba Made's Persian Garden is the scent of *White Amber* -- and smells just like Nemat Amber oil (defined as "white amber" at nematinternational.com, where I ordered mine).

I have both Nemat Amber oil plus KM Persian Garden, plus other oils labeled "White Amber" that I've bought at African kiosks in malls. They all smell the same. *White Amber* is actually more of a white musk than a true amber.

*White amber* doesn't smell deep & brown & rich, like we think of amber. IMHO, it's really a white musk, with a little bit of a light peppery woodiness added to it. I consider it more in the white musk category than amber -- it's a woody white musk. Very skin-like and sensuous.

Last night on "E! Live on the Red Carpet" (before the 2016 Emmys), actress Kristen Bell told Giuliana Rancic (in response to her inquiry) that she was wearing "Amber Oil" that she buys at Whole Foods in a little bottle for $9. She didn't say which brand, but I'm willing to bet that Kristen was wearing Nemat Amber Oil (= white amber).

If your Whole Foods doesn't carry Nemat (ours doesn't; I ordered mine from nematinternational.com), then Kuumba Made's Persian Garden is basically that same "white amber" fragrance. Also, Auric Blends "Love" is Egyptian Musk + White Amber, and our Whole Foods carries both those brands. I've also read in the past that Kristen Bell likes Jovan White Musk (Trisha Yearwood too), and IMHO Nemat Amber oil (white amber) is in the white musk family -- just a bit woodier.

I've always loved musks and have many -- including all of the "white ambers" mentioned above. I'm wearing my Nemat Amber oil right now, inspired by Kristen at the Emmy Awards last night. A very nice scent indeed -- down-to-earth, warm, natural, & sensual!

See my review of Nemat Amber oil from two years ago where I mentioned a coworker approaching my desk and urgently asking me what I was wearing -- the only time she's ever asked me -- and it was Nemat Amber oil. To me, Kuumba Made's Persian Garden (and to a lesser degree Auric Blends Love) smells pretty much the same -- all are white amber.

on 3/30/2012 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Lasts all day, and even after I shower I can still smell it.
It smells sophisticated, unique and just lovely.
This guy I'm dating commented saying I smell really good, and that was the first time I wore the oil when we hung out!

A little expensive, but it's worth it and a little goes a long way.

on 3/26/2010 2:19:00 PM

Persian Garden smells alot like Auric Blends "Love" which is Egyptian Musk and White Amber. I think that "Love" is a little more Intense than "Persian Garden" which is a little more close to your skin scent. However I love them both and would repurchase "Persian Garden again.

on 9/1/2007 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have this in the little roll on. This smells heavenly. It is one of the sexiest florals I have come across.

The packaging is ok, I have a problem with the roll on sometimes sticking and I have to pop off the top and dab it on. I would love to try this is another size.

Persian Garden is very clean and soft. It is not old womany floral at all. I layer it with Egyptian Musk and the two together - watch out!! I get many compliments from men when I wear them together. The other night at a jam, a male friend of mine kept leaning in and sniffing me... LOL. He kept saying how good it smelled.

Love this stuff. Love it!!

Popular Fragrances