Kuumba Made Persian Garden

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Kuumba Made Persian Garden

4.3

on 8/22/2017 8:42:00 PM

I love this stuff. It's not really what I would imagine something called "Persian Garden" to smell like, but it's enjoyable nonetheless. It's a slightly floral white amber fragrance that smells warm and soft on the skin. It's very similar to Nemat's Amber oil, but I find that I prefer Persian Garden as it doesn't have that strange slightly plasticky note that sometimes come through with Nemat, and instead has a far more natural floral quality at its core that makes it more interesting scent-wise.

It's a soft scent, but it does get noticed. I find that I get anosmic to the perfume after wearing it for a while, but others can detect it long after I think it's gone. It's a 'clean' scent, but not at all soapy or scratchy in nature. Persian Garden is cozy, natural, and very pretty. It stays close to the skin but trails nicely behind you.

This oil layers beautifully with many other fragrances!

This scent smells so good! To me it's my perfect Spring/Summer scent actually I love it so much I'd wear it year round. When I first got it my nose was kinda stuffed so I couldn't really smell it so I put it on and started going about my day. All the sudden I kept smelling this good scent that was a floral heaven. Finally I realized it's the Persian Garden and I was so happy because this was a blind buy. This to me smells so delish it projects more in the heat which I personally like. It's light but not super light where you can barely smell it. It's hard to describe exactly what's in it but I adore whatever it is.

I liked this so much I purchased some other scents and their Jasmine coconut oil. I want to buy this in one of the larger sizes but first I'll see how long the 1/8th lasts. I can smell this for hours and hours and the sillage is moderate when it is hot out which I love about it. I bought this because I first purchased the amber paste which led me to this. So happy I found Kuumba Made products and that is because I came across the Amber paste review so thank you Mua you have never steered me wrong. :)

on 9/19/2016 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Basically, Kuumba Made's Persian Garden is the scent of *White Amber* -- and smells just like Nemat Amber oil (defined as "white amber" at nematinternational.com, where I ordered mine).

I have both Nemat Amber oil plus KM Persian Garden, plus other oils labeled "White Amber" that I've bought at African kiosks in malls. They all smell the same. *White Amber* is actually more of a white musk than a true amber.

*White amber* doesn't smell deep & brown & rich, like we think of amber. IMHO, it's really a white musk, with a little bit of a light peppery woodiness added to it. I consider it more in the white musk category than amber -- it's a woody white musk. Very skin-like and sensuous.

Last night on "E! Live on the Red Carpet" (before the 2016 Emmys), actress Kristen Bell told Giuliana Rancic (in response to her inquiry) that she was wearing "Amber Oil" that she buys at Whole Foods in a little bottle for $9. She didn't say which brand, but I'm willing to bet that Kristen was wearing Nemat Amber Oil (= white amber).

If your Whole Foods doesn't carry Nemat (ours doesn't; I ordered mine from nematinternational.com), then Kuumba Made's Persian Garden is basically that same "white amber" fragrance. Also, Auric Blends "Love" is Egyptian Musk + White Amber, and our Whole Foods carries both those brands. I've also read in the past that Kristen Bell likes Jovan White Musk (Trisha Yearwood too), and IMHO Nemat Amber oil (white amber) is in the white musk family -- just a bit woodier.

I've always loved musks and have many -- including all of the "white ambers" mentioned above. I'm wearing my Nemat Amber oil right now, inspired by Kristen at the Emmy Awards last night. A very nice scent indeed -- down-to-earth, warm, natural, & sensual!

See my review of Nemat Amber oil from two years ago where I mentioned a coworker approaching my desk and urgently asking me what I was wearing -- the only time she's ever asked me -- and it was Nemat Amber oil. To me, Kuumba Made's Persian Garden (and to a lesser degree Auric Blends Love) smells pretty much the same -- all are white amber.

on 6/5/2016 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I finally gave in and purchased the rollerball version of this. The label on the packaging reminds me of a 1990s hippie, not in the least the identity that I would choose for myself, as I aim for a classy and simple style. I do like, though, that it is portable and good for travel. The scent is exactly what I was looking for. It is warm, clean, and sensual. I can't identify the exact notes in the fragrance, but it seems like there is perhaps a musk or amber base to it. It reminds me a bit of Commodity Gold but a bit more floral, and the closest scent I can compare it to is the Moroccan Oil hair treatment. I love that it is only $9, though I would gladly pay a little more for prettier packaging.

on 8/30/2014 1:28:00 PM

I finally found a place in Canada that sells these tiny bottles of Kuumba Made fragrances. Of course we had to drive 70 km there and back but it was a day out during our summer vacation. I chose 4 fragrances from the 10 or 12 that were in a case but actually wanted my favorite which is Arabian Musk but they dont carry it. So one of them was Persian Garden which I find very strong at first when rolled onto my arm but I did find the scent did dissipate after hours and it did become one of my favorites by the time I went to bed, and I found this is when the musk really deepened and the flowery scent got less and less. I do like this but I wish that the drydown was the true scent and the flowers were more in the background.
I contacted the company and they said that they were looking to find Canadian companies to sell their product which I hope so bec they make good affordable scents even though they were only available for purchase in 1/8 roll on vials. . (not affilated with this company by the way).

on 5/2/2012 12:40:00 PM

Kuumba Made Oils cannot be beat for the price. These tiny oils are TOP QUALITY. I am always astounded by the sensory kick I get opening such a teensy roll on bottle. Persian Garden is on the short list of my favorite Kuumba scents. It is light yet pungent. A scent that defines the word "clean". This oil is rich and thick, there is nothing powdery about this oil. It actually leans towards the exotic. It's a sensual scent that warms up with your body temperature. I've caught my boyfriend using it. He won't confess if it's because he likes the scent or because he likes the reminder of the scent on me. Either way it's a wonderful unisex oil and I love that we share it!

on 2/8/2011 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is my absolute favorite scent in the entire world, and I will cry bitter tears if it is ever discontinued. I love how this unassuming little roll-on smells on my skin throughout the day, very clean and very unique. I feel like this perfume oil is appropriate for all occasions as it is not over-powering or cloying in the least. I love you Persian Garden, thank you for being there.

BOO! I am so disappointed. I read all the rav reviews, made a special trip to Whole Foods (always looking for a "reason" to go there, ha!), trotted over to the beauty section, dropped a few dots of this oil on my arm and......drum roll.....NOTHING! As a previous reviewer said, it smelled like nothing. I could smell a faint scent on the tester wand, but once I put it on there was no smell at all. Now, fast forward three hours and I can smell a tiny, tiny bit of soapiness but that is about it. I was so looking forward to liking this. If only I could actually smell it.
**UPDATE**** The next morning when I woke up, I kept smelling something so soft and yummy....it was the arm I put this oil on! And even after showering I could still get a faint smell of it. Seems like it takes a loooong time to smell on my skin but when it does it is pleasant and lasts awhile!

on 1/6/2009 3:44:00 PM

My HG perfume and if they ever stop making it i will die. I have a very sensitive nose and am really particular about what i can wear. Most fragrances on me, even if i like it in the bottle, will give me a horrible headache or nauseate me after i have had it on for awhile. This stuff is amazing. Its light and most of the time i cant even smell it on myself during the day, but if i get a good whiff of it on my clothes or my bedding, I remember why i love it so much. Even though i dont notice it on myself after awhile during the day, EVERYONE else can smell it and I cant tell u how many compliments ive gotten and people wanting to know where to get it. I have sampled a few of their other fragrances, and to be fair, they could be wonderful, but they all gave me a headache and made we need to shower immediately to get the smell off, Thats just my nose though and I hate about 95% of the fragrances out there. I cant even go into BBW anymore without feeling sick and getting a headache. The large bottle of kuumba made scents lasts quite a long time but is not cheap. I pay $80 for a large bottle but it lasts me pretty long. Honestly, i would probably pay more for it if i had to as i now consider it my signature scent and definitely my HG

on 11/8/2008 2:45:00 AM

Deep musk undertones with a clean floral finish. This subtle scent meshes well with body chemistry and lingers on the skin like a delicious aura. This is one that the wearer can't easily detect yet anyone in your vapor trail is blissfully intoxicated. Layers very well as a base scent, especially with Kuumba's Pikaki Lei.
(This scent is a favourite of my kitten. She picks through my perfume and steals this vial to hide in her bed!)

Popular Fragrances