Kuumba Made Persian Garden

Kuumba Made Persian Garden

4.5

BOO! I am so disappointed. I read all the rav reviews, made a special trip to Whole Foods (always looking for a "reason" to go there, ha!), trotted over to the beauty section, dropped a few dots of this oil on my arm and......drum roll.....NOTHING! As a previous reviewer said, it smelled like nothing. I could smell a faint scent on the tester wand, but once I put it on there was no smell at all. Now, fast forward three hours and I can smell a tiny, tiny bit of soapiness but that is about it. I was so looking forward to liking this. If only I could actually smell it.
**UPDATE**** The next morning when I woke up, I kept smelling something so soft and yummy....it was the arm I put this oil on! And even after showering I could still get a faint smell of it. Seems like it takes a loooong time to smell on my skin but when it does it is pleasant and lasts awhile!

on 3/22/2015 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

For the life if me, I cannot smell anything. Maybe something is wrong with my nose. Although, I can smell Egyptian Goddess just fine. Disappointing. :(

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Smells like "White Amber" oil that I can get from other oil vendors in a larger amount at a smaller price.

on 9/19/2016 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Basically, Kuumba Made's Persian Garden is the scent of *White Amber* -- and smells just like Nemat Amber oil (defined as "white amber" at nematinternational.com, where I ordered mine).

I have both Nemat Amber oil plus KM Persian Garden, plus other oils labeled "White Amber" that I've bought at African kiosks in malls. They all smell the same. *White Amber* is actually more of a white musk than a true amber.

*White amber* doesn't smell deep & brown & rich, like we think of amber. IMHO, it's really a white musk, with a little bit of a light peppery woodiness added to it. I consider it more in the white musk category than amber -- it's a woody white musk. Very skin-like and sensuous.

Last night on "E! Live on the Red Carpet" (before the 2016 Emmys), actress Kristen Bell told Giuliana Rancic (in response to her inquiry) that she was wearing "Amber Oil" that she buys at Whole Foods in a little bottle for $9. She didn't say which brand, but I'm willing to bet that Kristen was wearing Nemat Amber Oil (= white amber).

If your Whole Foods doesn't carry Nemat (ours doesn't; I ordered mine from nematinternational.com), then Kuumba Made's Persian Garden is basically that same "white amber" fragrance. Also, Auric Blends "Love" is Egyptian Musk + White Amber, and our Whole Foods carries both those brands. I've also read in the past that Kristen Bell likes Jovan White Musk (Trisha Yearwood too), and IMHO Nemat Amber oil (white amber) is in the white musk family -- just a bit woodier.

I've always loved musks and have many -- including all of the "white ambers" mentioned above. I'm wearing my Nemat Amber oil right now, inspired by Kristen at the Emmy Awards last night. A very nice scent indeed -- down-to-earth, warm, natural, & sensual!

See my review of Nemat Amber oil from two years ago where I mentioned a coworker approaching my desk and urgently asking me what I was wearing -- the only time she's ever asked me -- and it was Nemat Amber oil. To me, Kuumba Made's Persian Garden (and to a lesser degree Auric Blends Love) smells pretty much the same -- all are white amber.

on 6/5/2016 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I finally gave in and purchased the rollerball version of this. The label on the packaging reminds me of a 1990s hippie, not in the least the identity that I would choose for myself, as I aim for a classy and simple style. I do like, though, that it is portable and good for travel. The scent is exactly what I was looking for. It is warm, clean, and sensual. I can't identify the exact notes in the fragrance, but it seems like there is perhaps a musk or amber base to it. It reminds me a bit of Commodity Gold but a bit more floral, and the closest scent I can compare it to is the Moroccan Oil hair treatment. I love that it is only $9, though I would gladly pay a little more for prettier packaging.

on 11/7/2008 9:17:00 PM

I couldn't smell anything at all the first time I tried this on, although others who were present could. The second time, just barely detected a scent. The third time, it was sweet and fresh, well worth trying again. Very springlike.

on 8/6/2008 10:07:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my "ghost" fragrance. If my house has a perfume ban this is what I can wear to get away with wearing perfume (because honestly, if I don't wear perfume I feel naked). I bought this roll-on unsniffed, and the first time I took a whiff I actually thought they sent me just a clear liquid in a bottle. It was very hard to detect, but eventually I sensed a green leafy floral type of...something. Cannot for the life of me actually say what the scent is, but it just is. Comes and goes as it pleases but stays extremely green, fresh, and morning-dew like when it makes an appearance. Very good, but very fleeting.

on 8/22/2017 8:42:00 PM

I love this stuff. It's not really what I would imagine something called "Persian Garden" to smell like, but it's enjoyable nonetheless. It's a slightly floral white amber fragrance that smells warm and soft on the skin. It's very similar to Nemat's Amber oil, but I find that I prefer Persian Garden as it doesn't have that strange slightly plasticky note that sometimes come through with Nemat, and instead has a far more natural floral quality at its core that makes it more interesting scent-wise.

It's a soft scent, but it does get noticed. I find that I get anosmic to the perfume after wearing it for a while, but others can detect it long after I think it's gone. It's a 'clean' scent, but not at all soapy or scratchy in nature. Persian Garden is cozy, natural, and very pretty. It stays close to the skin but trails nicely behind you.

This oil layers beautifully with many other fragrances!

This scent smells so good! To me it's my perfect Spring/Summer scent actually I love it so much I'd wear it year round. When I first got it my nose was kinda stuffed so I couldn't really smell it so I put it on and started going about my day. All the sudden I kept smelling this good scent that was a floral heaven. Finally I realized it's the Persian Garden and I was so happy because this was a blind buy. This to me smells so delish it projects more in the heat which I personally like. It's light but not super light where you can barely smell it. It's hard to describe exactly what's in it but I adore whatever it is.

I liked this so much I purchased some other scents and their Jasmine coconut oil. I want to buy this in one of the larger sizes but first I'll see how long the 1/8th lasts. I can smell this for hours and hours and the sillage is moderate when it is hot out which I love about it. I bought this because I first purchased the amber paste which led me to this. So happy I found Kuumba Made products and that is because I came across the Amber paste review so thank you Mua you have never steered me wrong. :)

on 3/10/2017 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

After smelling this on a co-worker I had to know what she was wearing - she said Persian Garden oil from Whole Foods, and the rest was history. I picked this up for about $11 plus tax, and have been wearing it everyday since! To me, as other reviewers mentioned, this is a musky, white amber fragrance (not what I had in mind when I read Persian Garden) that just smells slightly sweet, feminine and clean (but not scrubbed dry with laundry detergent clean). I often don't smell this on myself after a few hours of wear, but have been told that others can still smell me when in close proximity. I will most definitely repurchase for the price and quality, and the packaging is so convenient that I can just slip it in my bag and not worry about it!

Popular Fragrances