The Body Shop Vitamin C Micro Refiner

Filtered by skin tone : Tan

4.5

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

aqua, sodium diatomeae, glycerin, prunus dulcis, dimethicone, butyruspernum parkii, cetearyl alcohol, glyceryl stearate, phenoxyethanol, PEG-100 stearate, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, polysorbate 60, methylparaben, xanthan gum, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, propylparaben, sodium hydroxide, parfum, limonene, disodium EDTA, linalool, benzyl benzoate, hexyl cinnamal, citrus dulcis, citrus grandis, citronellol, citral, geraniol, benzyl alcohol.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

this is really effective, it works best in the shower , i do steam my face first then i glide this scrub on my face and neck without scrubbing hard ..just gentle circular motions is all i need to get rid of any dead skin , finally I wash it ..i do really see a difference in my skin tone and texture , my foundation looks great after using this

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

AWESOMEEEE. It hurt a lot though in the start and i have sensitive skin so my face got really red but it gets rid of the black heads and after ue wash it off it feels great

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

It's part of my cleansing range (along with the Cleansing Face Polish) and I have to admit, I'm impressed.
I thought this would be a scratchy product that would just leave that smoothness on for ten minutes, but I could not have been more wrong.
1. A little bit goes a long way and that means that I'm still on my first tube, even after buying it way back in December 09.
2. The smoothness is IRRESISTIBLE, and it's not an I've-just-put-on-lotion smoothness, it's real and skin feels amazingly refreshed.
3. It's a PERFECT wake-me-up on a Monday morning, after a weekend of fun, adding some spice to work, if that's even possible.
4. It comes out looking like any regular cream cleanser. And it's filled with really incy particles that aren't scratchy at all, but they work well with the creamy stuff to not make the exfoliation too hard.

The price is rather overdone, though. It's the second-most expensive item in the whole Vit. C range, retailing for $32.90 Singapore Dollars without discount. And even for Love Your Body members, 10% off doesn't really make so much of a diff.
If you get this as a free sample, try it and you'll be amazed. I can understand why people would be put off from this product because of the price, but I would advise finishing the exfoliator you have before starting on this. Use a gentler cleanser along with this, because you'll only need to use the Refiner once or twice a week.
And no, in Singapore this stuff is no way discontinued. So if you want, you can nip down here with your grocery list :)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I haven't been in The Body Shop for a while, but I was passing one day and came across many new products, this one caught my eye as it looked and felt rather promising, so I bought one. It is their answer to microdermabrasion. It is a very fine particle scrub which you massage in and wash off. It leaves skin smooth and soft. I have bought Philosophy's microdelivery peel kit before -the Body Shop's refiner has finer particles then the step 1 scrub of Philosophys and both smell similar. It comes in a standard flip-top tube.
Those of you who are considering buying Philosophy's Microdelivery peel kit, I recommend you try this first -it is a great product at 12 (compared to 57 for Philosophy).