The Body Shop Vitamin C Micro Refiner

Filtered by skin tone : Medium

4.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

aqua, sodium diatomeae, glycerin, prunus dulcis, dimethicone, butyruspernum parkii, cetearyl alcohol, glyceryl stearate, phenoxyethanol, PEG-100 stearate, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, polysorbate 60, methylparaben, xanthan gum, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, propylparaben, sodium hydroxide, parfum, limonene, disodium EDTA, linalool, benzyl benzoate, hexyl cinnamal, citrus dulcis, citrus grandis, citronellol, citral, geraniol, benzyl alcohol.

I have combination skin and have a few acne scars I wanted to buff out with this product.
I used it around 5,6 times and it made my skin look glowing and I feel it even helped a little with current pimples but the last time I used it, it has given me the worst breakout/rash/allergy I have ever had in 10 years.
It started as a few bumps along my jaw warea and today when I woke up my skin was covered in hundreds of tiny pimple like whiteheads, my skin has a grainy look to it and I don't know how to deal with it...
I can't think of any other reason my skin would break out like this, i'm not allergic to anything and hadn't tried any new product.
Beware guys, if your pores get clogged easily don't purchase this.

This is a great scrub. I use about 2-3 times a week and can usually tell when my 40+ skin needs it again because I get that layer of dullness/shiny-ness and my skincare products don't absorb as well.

I bought this to replace the Philosophy Microdelivery Peel 2-piece kit that I was using for years, and loved. Is it just me or are Philosophy products getting more and more expensive? That kit is now $72! I think the Body Shop scrub works almost as well, costs 1/3 of the price and is hygienic because I can squeeze the product out of the tube. Highly recommend.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

This is absolutely my favorite scrub. I have oily skin in the summer and combination in the winter, and so far this scrub has worked really well for me this summer season.
A little goes a long way with this product; I only use it about 2x a week when I do my weekly at home facial. I steam my face, apply a dime sized amount, then use a vibrating facial brush (Olay's Fresh Effects Va-Va-Vivid! Powered Contour Cleansing Brush) for about 2 mins on each side of my face. Never EVER has my face felt so polished and squeaky clean - I am obsessed (I usually follow with Bliss 15-min Steep Facial and my La Roche-Posay Thermal Spring Water and my usual toner and Chanel Purete Ideale moisturizer).
The price isn't too bad considering what's in it and how well the product works.
Only downfall is if you have sensitive skin, I do not recommend this seeing as it has both vitamin C and fine crystals that can irritate your skin (tried this on my boyfriend and said it felt like his skin was burning - he has very thin/sensitive clear skin)

I'm a makeup and skincare junkie who can't stay put on a single brand and try different products, always searching for the best. I have several face scrubs/at-home microexfoliants and I use them depending on my need. I exfoliate 1-2x a week coz I have oily skin. Sometimes I use the gentle scrubs, but there are times I want the grittier ones to deliver better exfoliation. I have to say that this Body Shop refiner is the BEST in my stash. Firstly, I love the citrus smell, its energizing and gives me zesty cleansing feel as I'm using it. Secondly, it really exfoliates without stripping my skin of its moisture. My face doesn't feel tight after, skin feels very smooth and I'm glowing. I use this with the Body Shop Re-texturizing Peel and wow! it does what it says. The Vitamin C in it really works and wakes my skin up. This refiner and peel duo are my go-to products specially when I want great looking skin on special events coz my makeup looks better.

A bit steep for a facial scrub but my HG scrub anyway. I love how the constituency is so smooth and gentle for a scrub yet does its work so efficiently. Love how it leaves face feeling so clean, smooth and radiant.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Wow. In one use, I have found my HG scrub (sorry, Benefit Honey scrub!) It looks like an ordinary cream, but start massaging into your skin, and its SO gritty, it really is microfine! Probably not good for sensitive skin, even my dry areas were a bit red after use, but after the three steps, and moisturiser, and a good sleep... my skin was so smooth, so evened out, I was stunned. Amazing product, not overly strong citrus scent, and affordable!