The Body Shop Vitamin C Micro Refiner

Filtered by hair type : Wavy

4.5

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

aqua, sodium diatomeae, glycerin, prunus dulcis, dimethicone, butyruspernum parkii, cetearyl alcohol, glyceryl stearate, phenoxyethanol, PEG-100 stearate, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, polysorbate 60, methylparaben, xanthan gum, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, propylparaben, sodium hydroxide, parfum, limonene, disodium EDTA, linalool, benzyl benzoate, hexyl cinnamal, citrus dulcis, citrus grandis, citronellol, citral, geraniol, benzyl alcohol.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

My skin loves the body shop Vitamin C glow boosting Microdermabrasion. I use it twice a week as directed and my skin is literally glowing. Vitamin C is known to really brighten skin. Also my old acne scars have faded a lot thanks to this. And if you apply serum/moisturizer after using this it really gets absorbed nicely. I have been using this product for more than 6 months and it still hasn't run out so a little goes a long way. I'd highly recommend this for brightening skin and removing acne scars. For those with acne prone skin -it doesn't cause breakouts.

This is a great scrub. I use about 2-3 times a week and can usually tell when my 40+ skin needs it again because I get that layer of dullness/shiny-ness and my skincare products don't absorb as well.

I bought this to replace the Philosophy Microdelivery Peel 2-piece kit that I was using for years, and loved. Is it just me or are Philosophy products getting more and more expensive? That kit is now $72! I think the Body Shop scrub works almost as well, costs 1/3 of the price and is hygienic because I can squeeze the product out of the tube. Highly recommend.

I use this scrub twice a week because I have a really oily t-zone and tend to get blackheads (UGH!) if I don't exfoliate enough. A lot of so called scrubs are more like all cream with not nearly enough little random beads that don't really do much! This scrub does just what it says- scrubs! and refines. It makes skin SUPER smooth and more even toned by sloughing off all the nasty dead cells. Just don't scrub too long or too hard, it's easy to get carried away and a little OCD with it LOL. Anyway my skin is definitely a lot more clear now that I've worked the vit c scrub into my skin care reg. <3 it

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

i bought this product a few weeks ago. i just want to try this and it's unique, because the product said it's microdermabrasion. i don't know what is that but i thought it will good for a scrub. the smell is good too. it's really fresh. when i first wore this, oww it's very painful!! but after i rinse off the scrub with water, my face became extra smooth and refresh. i love it. btw all my blackhead comedo are gone too :)) i'm satisfied with this product

I have been using this to substitute Kiehl's Re-Texturizing Microdermabrasion scrub and I find it to be surprisingly pleasant to use. Its grains are very fine but it does the job! It does not hurt my face which has mild acne and it is not drying to my skin. I use this more than once a week, probably 3 to 4 times because I have oily skin and wear makeup for long hours everyday. It has helped smoothen out my skin a little, will probably have to use it longer to see if it works its magic! I love the smell and the texture, so far, I have nothing negative to say about this product!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I got a sample of this after seeing it on someone's "must have" list on Youtube. After trying the sample, I went back and got this. It is a great scrub - very fine granules that don't irritate my skin. And the smell is great. It's every bit as good as some pricier scrubs/exfoliators. After using it, my skin feels so soft and smooth and I can't help feeling that my skin care products soak in better.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I bought this a while back, looking to brighten my skin. The young man who sold it to me said " I use it " and he had really great skin. I got it home and tried it. I was underwhelmed. Even as *just an exfoliator it sucks, as for microdermabrasion cream....I don't think so, Jack. What's more, the cream base made me break out so bad!!! Six months later its still sitting in my shower and no doubt mildewy now. I use it to scrub my legs and feet. Do not waste your money!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is amazing. I've been deciding whether or not to buy it for quite a while because of it's price, but honestly it leaves your skin feeling amazing! I've only used it once, so I can't say that it made my milia disappear (yet) but I can safely say that it has made it smoother and my cheeks are so soft and rosy!
29/04/09
After using this for a while, I discovered that it is very good for opening up pores. After I scrub my face with this in the shower, I follow up by using a cleansing foam and my pores are squeaky clean! As for the milia I have - I think a small amount has disappeared but I'm not quite certain yet as I haven't been using this every day.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I was looking for an alternative to the Kiehl's Dermatologist Solutions Epidermal Re-Texturizing Micro-Dermabrasion scrub, which is almost twice as expensive as this one. After reading the reviews here on MuA, I purchased this one.

It has nice, fine particles that sit in that perfect spot between too smooth (think PTR botanical buffing beads) and too rough (think St. Ives). It could be very strong, so proceed with caution if you are sensitive or use a heavy hand when scrubbing. It's not micro-dermabrasion by any stretch, but it is just a nice, pleasant scrub. Nice, light scent as well. It's an excellent alternative to the Kiehl's scrub.

Additionally, this re-introduced me to The Body Shop. I didn't realize that the store was so committed to natural products and sustainability. They also constantly run promotions, and I received a GWP.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have insanely sensitive skin that's also prone to clogged pores, acne AND it's combo so I get dry patches while I'm leaking oil in other spots.
I had been using this for a few months when I, in typical MUA'er fasion, decided maybe I would find something even better if I looked around. I *should* know to leave well enough alone but... yeah right.
I spent a couple days torn between repurchasing this or trying out Olay's microderm set. In the end the Olay seemed like the better deal and I though it might give me more noticable results. I've regretted that decision ever since. This does the same job, is more convenient, less irritating and doesn't start smelling rank after 6 months.
Olay is going in the trash and I'm going back to this.