The Body Shop Vitamin C Micro Refiner

Filtered by hair type : Straight

4.6

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

aqua, sodium diatomeae, glycerin, prunus dulcis, dimethicone, butyruspernum parkii, cetearyl alcohol, glyceryl stearate, phenoxyethanol, PEG-100 stearate, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, polysorbate 60, methylparaben, xanthan gum, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, propylparaben, sodium hydroxide, parfum, limonene, disodium EDTA, linalool, benzyl benzoate, hexyl cinnamal, citrus dulcis, citrus grandis, citronellol, citral, geraniol, benzyl alcohol.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I really liked how it was really exfoliating, but this is definitely not for sensitive skin like me! Skin will feel super soft and smooth after.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

After reading the review on this product on here, i bought it. And i agree with others, this is a nice scrub that makes your skin even glow more and gives a fresh polished look. And the softness stays all day. Love it. Would totally buy it again after i run out. I have it now 2 months and use it twice a week or less but the tube is still really full. Bet you can use it for 6 months or more!

Edit, I've used it now completely. Took me 1,5 years! Great scrub! Buying this again soon.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

This is absolutely my favorite scrub. I have oily skin in the summer and combination in the winter, and so far this scrub has worked really well for me this summer season.
A little goes a long way with this product; I only use it about 2x a week when I do my weekly at home facial. I steam my face, apply a dime sized amount, then use a vibrating facial brush (Olay's Fresh Effects Va-Va-Vivid! Powered Contour Cleansing Brush) for about 2 mins on each side of my face. Never EVER has my face felt so polished and squeaky clean - I am obsessed (I usually follow with Bliss 15-min Steep Facial and my La Roche-Posay Thermal Spring Water and my usual toner and Chanel Purete Ideale moisturizer).
The price isn't too bad considering what's in it and how well the product works.
Only downfall is if you have sensitive skin, I do not recommend this seeing as it has both vitamin C and fine crystals that can irritate your skin (tried this on my boyfriend and said it felt like his skin was burning - he has very thin/sensitive clear skin)

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This is for the Vitamin C Microdermabrasion version.

I really like this scrub. I didn't plan to buy it but I stumbled over it in the Tax Free place on a cruise and decided to try it. I didn't know whether it'd be good, so my first time using it was intriguing... I lightly massaged my face with it for a minute or so and the moment I rinsed it off my face was so soft! You don't need a lot of product and you don't have to scrub very hard at all really because of the texture of it.

I've since I first got it used it regularly and I love it. My skin has no problem tolerating it when I use it more than twice a week but then again I have oily and acne prone skin that's used to harsh treatments. But I do find myself going back to a scrub with bigger pieces in it every once in a while as the Vitamin C one doesn't remove all the peels from healing zits and so on.

This is a review for the Vitamin C Microdermabrasion Scrub. I think it was either renamed or reformulated.
I was sceptical about it at first because the particles are so small when I like harsh scrubs with screamy texture (think St.Ives apricot scrb). But I gave in and got it with a 10% off Body Shop loyalty card. It reminds me very much of the Chanel's Gommage Eclat Express - lots of small particles in a cream-gel texture.
I don't love it, but I don't hate it either. I would rather say I like it quite much. It is an effective polish, not gentle, but not too harsh or abrasive. The only drawback is the vitamin C, which stings my sensitive skin in some areas so I have to use this very quickly and carefully otherwise I get a burning sensation around my nose and eye area. I don't get any instant glow or anything like that. I do feel squeaky clean and very polished, which is exactly why I need a scrub in the first place. I actually enjoy using this very much.
The packaging is lovely, I adore skincare in squeeze-tubes or bottles. Would totally repurchase and continue using it unless I find something in the same price range (or cheaper) which would be similar but not have irritating components. The product is worth the price because you don't need a lot of it at once and the tube would last me several months.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Please note - this is for the Vitamin C microdermabrasion scrub (this seems like a predecessor to it).
Cannot say enough good things about this product. I use it 1-2x a week and it makes my skin feel amazing. I hate when scrubs say they exfoliate and then there are some measly beads in it that do nothing. This product is like small grains of sand so if you don't like harsh treatments don't use it. As I rub it in, I can just feel my dead skin sloughing off. I have to stop myself from using it too often.

This is such a fantastic exfoliator. Unlike others you don't have to scrub the skin to feel the benefits with this, the grains are soooo fine you just massage this in circular motions once a week and you are left with baby soft skin. It evens out my skin tone too and instantly brightens my skin.

I really like this product. It is a little harsh but I find it really helps to smooth out any rough or red spots on the skin. I have lightly oily skin & occassional acne, I find it really helps to relieve the red spots left behind after a pimple has faded.

I needed a new exfoliator and just started using this for a few days. I've got to say that i really like it so far! A little does a lot. At first I was hesitant because of the priciness of this, but it does do a good job in cleaning my face. I like to mix this with my fave cleansing product, and i have to say my face feels so soft and clean after doing so! The sales suggested I use this twice a week, but I have oily skin, so I usually use it on a daily basis, again using a little bit mixed with my regular cleansar, and i'm happy to say that it hasn't dried my skin at all!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Holy crumbs batman! This stuff is amazing!
I picked up a sample over the weekend and tried it in the shower tonight - brilliant stuff, love the scent, love the soft polished feeling that it gave me. Plus it didn't upset my dry/sensitive/eczema prone skin. The tiny pot that I got given will last me at least four goes so def a little goes a long way (and will tide me over until I get to TBS to purchase full size).
As the people below me said the grains are very fine but I really like that about it - I've been told the huge granule type exfoliators can damage your skin as they can scratch it.

Very very happy - looks like it will be my new HG.