The Body Shop Vitamin C Micro Refiner

Filtered by skin type : Oily

4.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

aqua, sodium diatomeae, glycerin, prunus dulcis, dimethicone, butyruspernum parkii, cetearyl alcohol, glyceryl stearate, phenoxyethanol, PEG-100 stearate, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, polysorbate 60, methylparaben, xanthan gum, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, propylparaben, sodium hydroxide, parfum, limonene, disodium EDTA, linalool, benzyl benzoate, hexyl cinnamal, citrus dulcis, citrus grandis, citronellol, citral, geraniol, benzyl alcohol.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

This is absolutely my favorite scrub. I have oily skin in the summer and combination in the winter, and so far this scrub has worked really well for me this summer season.
A little goes a long way with this product; I only use it about 2x a week when I do my weekly at home facial. I steam my face, apply a dime sized amount, then use a vibrating facial brush (Olay's Fresh Effects Va-Va-Vivid! Powered Contour Cleansing Brush) for about 2 mins on each side of my face. Never EVER has my face felt so polished and squeaky clean - I am obsessed (I usually follow with Bliss 15-min Steep Facial and my La Roche-Posay Thermal Spring Water and my usual toner and Chanel Purete Ideale moisturizer).
The price isn't too bad considering what's in it and how well the product works.
Only downfall is if you have sensitive skin, I do not recommend this seeing as it has both vitamin C and fine crystals that can irritate your skin (tried this on my boyfriend and said it felt like his skin was burning - he has very thin/sensitive clear skin)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Please note - this is for the Vitamin C microdermabrasion scrub (this seems like a predecessor to it).
Cannot say enough good things about this product. I use it 1-2x a week and it makes my skin feel amazing. I hate when scrubs say they exfoliate and then there are some measly beads in it that do nothing. This product is like small grains of sand so if you don't like harsh treatments don't use it. As I rub it in, I can just feel my dead skin sloughing off. I have to stop myself from using it too often.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I am a scrub junkie, so I really wanted to like this. As another reviewr noted, this can feel like sand paper, but I don't consider that a bad thing. My problem is that is smells like lemony bathroom cleaner to me, so I just can't use it. It's been relegated to the back of the closet for emergency purposes.