The Body Shop Vitamin C Micro Refiner

Filtered by eye Color : Brown

4.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

aqua, sodium diatomeae, glycerin, prunus dulcis, dimethicone, butyruspernum parkii, cetearyl alcohol, glyceryl stearate, phenoxyethanol, PEG-100 stearate, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, polysorbate 60, methylparaben, xanthan gum, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, propylparaben, sodium hydroxide, parfum, limonene, disodium EDTA, linalool, benzyl benzoate, hexyl cinnamal, citrus dulcis, citrus grandis, citronellol, citral, geraniol, benzyl alcohol.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

*read the EDIT*

THEY HAVE DISCONTINUED THIS!
Along with the Vit C mask from the same line, which also had high ratings here on MUA.
I can't believe why would they discontinue their best scrub?! I'm sure this is that evil L'Oréal's doing!
Onto the actual product...
I think this is a really good scrub. The beads are tiny but hard, but they are gentle if you don't go at it scrubbing your face vigorously.
It is EFFECTIVE. I notice the baby smoothness especially if I haven't been exfoliating for a couple of weeks. Otherwise my skin is always smooth anyway.
Also, a little goes a long way with this one.
Oh and, on my first use I did have a reaction to it. I got tiny little red bumps all over my face. My skin is not really sensitive, but sometimes reacts to the new products like this. Not break-outs, just some irritation or over-production of oil. However, it never happened again. So don't throw it away after the first use! Give it a second chance.
Although I love it and it breaks my heart to see it discontinued(it's removed from the UK website), it had a few cones:
1. It uses almond beads to scrub. Almond is one of the gentler natural scrubs but it's still not perfectly round as it should be.
2. Vit C goes bad too easily. My brand new tube smelled off, plasticy. Not citrusy like mentioned here. I took it back to the store and the tester one smelled the same. The lady there told it was normal. *shrugs* So... I don't think the vit C in it is doing anything for your skin.
3. It's overpriced. It's retailed for about 35$ here in Turkey! And the vit C line rarely gets a BOGO sale.
4. I don't think you should use it more than a few times a week. This is not a daily scrub!
5. Although I use it in conjunction with other exfoliating treatments like AHAs, BHAs, masks and LUSH AOBS; so sometimes I don't get to use this often enough to watch the brightening effect, but I don't think it has much of it. Maybe only if I have really dull skin because I haven't been exfoliating for days, which is rare. It's good at erasing dullness but it doesn't give any extra "glow".
Now LUSH Angels on Bare Skin gives that "glowing" effect.
Overall, I don't mind these cones enough to give up on this product. Gets 4 lippies. I'd always want to have it available. *sigh*

EDIT: Apparently this product has been reformulated along with the rest of the Vitamin C line which is being revamped.
Read about it here:

The new product has a very similar formula but now it contains Aluminum beads too, which is a good thing. Synthetic beads are perfectly round.

The new formula:

Water (Solvent/Diluent), Solum Diatomeae (Abrasive), Glycerin (Humectant), Aluminum Silicate (Exfoliant), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Dimethicone (Skin Conditioning Agent), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer (Stabiliser/Viscosity Modifier), Polysorbate 60 (Surfactant), Sodium Benzoate (Preservative), Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Antioxidant), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Fragrance (Fragrance), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Myrciaria Dubia Fruit Extract (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient).

I have combination skin and have a few acne scars I wanted to buff out with this product.
I used it around 5,6 times and it made my skin look glowing and I feel it even helped a little with current pimples but the last time I used it, it has given me the worst breakout/rash/allergy I have ever had in 10 years.
It started as a few bumps along my jaw warea and today when I woke up my skin was covered in hundreds of tiny pimple like whiteheads, my skin has a grainy look to it and I don't know how to deal with it...
I can't think of any other reason my skin would break out like this, i'm not allergic to anything and hadn't tried any new product.
Beware guys, if your pores get clogged easily don't purchase this.

Yes, yes, yes!!!!

Vitamin C Micro Refiner, where have you been all my life???

Absolutely amazing value for the quality of this product. This scrub is so fine, and leaves my skin feeling super smooth. It's the most effective I have ever used.

Go and buy this now...

This is a review for the Vitamin C Microdermabrasion Scrub. I think it was either renamed or reformulated.
I was sceptical about it at first because the particles are so small when I like harsh scrubs with screamy texture (think St.Ives apricot scrb). But I gave in and got it with a 10% off Body Shop loyalty card. It reminds me very much of the Chanel's Gommage Eclat Express - lots of small particles in a cream-gel texture.
I don't love it, but I don't hate it either. I would rather say I like it quite much. It is an effective polish, not gentle, but not too harsh or abrasive. The only drawback is the vitamin C, which stings my sensitive skin in some areas so I have to use this very quickly and carefully otherwise I get a burning sensation around my nose and eye area. I don't get any instant glow or anything like that. I do feel squeaky clean and very polished, which is exactly why I need a scrub in the first place. I actually enjoy using this very much.
The packaging is lovely, I adore skincare in squeeze-tubes or bottles. Would totally repurchase and continue using it unless I find something in the same price range (or cheaper) which would be similar but not have irritating components. The product is worth the price because you don't need a lot of it at once and the tube would last me several months.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Please note - this is for the Vitamin C microdermabrasion scrub (this seems like a predecessor to it).
Cannot say enough good things about this product. I use it 1-2x a week and it makes my skin feel amazing. I hate when scrubs say they exfoliate and then there are some measly beads in it that do nothing. This product is like small grains of sand so if you don't like harsh treatments don't use it. As I rub it in, I can just feel my dead skin sloughing off. I have to stop myself from using it too often.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

AWESOMEEEE. It hurt a lot though in the start and i have sensitive skin so my face got really red but it gets rid of the black heads and after ue wash it off it feels great

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Holy crumbs batman! This stuff is amazing!
I picked up a sample over the weekend and tried it in the shower tonight - brilliant stuff, love the scent, love the soft polished feeling that it gave me. Plus it didn't upset my dry/sensitive/eczema prone skin. The tiny pot that I got given will last me at least four goes so def a little goes a long way (and will tide me over until I get to TBS to purchase full size).
As the people below me said the grains are very fine but I really like that about it - I've been told the huge granule type exfoliators can damage your skin as they can scratch it.

Very very happy - looks like it will be my new HG.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Wow. In one use, I have found my HG scrub (sorry, Benefit Honey scrub!) It looks like an ordinary cream, but start massaging into your skin, and its SO gritty, it really is microfine! Probably not good for sensitive skin, even my dry areas were a bit red after use, but after the three steps, and moisturiser, and a good sleep... my skin was so smooth, so evened out, I was stunned. Amazing product, not overly strong citrus scent, and affordable!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

this is really effective, it works best in the shower , i do steam my face first then i glide this scrub on my face and neck without scrubbing hard ..just gentle circular motions is all i need to get rid of any dead skin , finally I wash it ..i do really see a difference in my skin tone and texture , my foundation looks great after using this

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Bought this product a few weeks ago and really love it. I use it once a week (all you need to) and it leaves my face smooth and clear. You only have to use a little bit, so even thought it's quite expensive it lasts for a long time. Feels almost like rubbing fine sand on your face, and it has a nice smell too. Best scrub I have used, and will definitely buy again.