Neutrogena Neutrogena Deep Clean Invigorating Dual Action Toner [DISCONTINUED]

Neutrogena Neutrogena Deep Clean Invigorating Dual Action Toner [DISCONTINUED]

2.0

1 review

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Okay here's the skinny straight from the site:

Neutrogena Deep CleanŽ Invigorating Dual Action Toner powerfully cleans your pores and leaves your skin feeling energized. This unique toner works in two ways: 1) it penetrates deep into pores to completely clean away dirt and oil, and 2) it gives pores a tighter feel to seal in the tingly sensation.

Awaken your senses with an invigorating cool formula that features naturally-derived aloe and chamomile to soothe skin and help prevent over-drying.

Salicylic Acid
6.7 fl. oz.

Now here's my take on it "YYYEEEEAAAAWWWW!!! IT BURNS LIKE HELL!! Okay whoever came up w/the words "tingly sensation" must have been some duffus who never even tried the product. This stuff really burns. The best way to describe it is-you know how when you touch something scorching hot but it takes a second or two for your brain to get those receptors that tell it you're on fire and then it finally hits you? Okay well that's the experience I had with this. It wasn't immediate, it just sort of got hotter as the seconds went on. The burning only lasted a few seconds but it felt like an eternity for it to finally wear off. I'm a bit of a masochist (no I'm not a weirdo-I just have a high pain tolerance:) So I decided to not return it just yet. I'm going to try it a few more times just to see whether or not my skin develops a resistance to it. I would love to see results from this product especially clearer skin. I repeat DO NOT DO NOT use this if you have sensitive skin or if you don't like pain or have a high tolerance for it :) I liked that it has Witch Hazel, Salicylic Acid and a few other "soothing" ingredients. The biggest downfalls are the massive burning and it has Alcohol in it. I was hoping to find a toner w/the above mentioned ingredients minus the Alcohol. I guess you can't have it all or can you?
UPDATE: The burning subsided a bit after each use but not much. I would also wake up w/oily skin in the T-Zone which is where I would apply it back it goes and pronto.