Fyrinnae Fyrinnae Mineral Finish: Oil Control

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

mica, kaolin, and zinc oxide 6/3/09

I purchased a sample of this and it lives up to all its claims. There is no chalky, ashy residue on your skin. The tiniest amount is sufficient (press it on with a fluffy brush) and it acts like the blur tool on photoshop I swear! The result is matte but soft skin. Best used in conjunction with their gel primer for maximum oil control but still beautiful on its own. Worth every penny of the tiny price you are paying for such a well performing product. I swapped from Clinique to this. Enough said.

on 1/18/2012 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Um, it's a nice powder but far from my favorite. I would not repurchase simply because Palladio Rice Powder performs just as good for the same price and I can go to Sally's for that instead of ordering online.

It does seem to control oil nicely on my combo skin, but women with super oily skin may want to try something more potent. In the summer when my skin is more oily, I usually have to reapply this after about 5-6 hours of wear or else my face will start to look greasy.

What I do like about this powder is that it blends into the skin seamlessly and leaves no ashy or pallid cast on my NC42 complexion, like many translucent powders have. It's nice to finally own a translucent powder that's truly translucent on ALL complexions. The finish is nice too. I find that many powders (especially translucent ones) make the face look flat and dull. This one allows me to maintain a healthy glow.

My main spat with this product is the horrible packaging. I can get over it not having the luxe packaging of higher end products, but this is one of the messiest loose powders that I have ever tried. Every time I use it I feel like a lose a ton of product, and I'm super careful! It comes in a small, clear jar that's literally packed to the very top with product. The lip definitely could have been higher.

All that being said, I guess I can get over the crappy packaging since the product itself is is A) actually good and B) really cheap. This is a nice loose powder for women who only need light to moderate oil control and don't want to spend a lot. I like it quite a bit, but it's not my favorite.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This is a very good oil control powder but it's not HG for me. It doesn't keep me shine-free all day - I get about 5 hours out of it. For the cheap price though, I can't complain too much! This is a white powder so you need to be careful not to apply too much (or you will look like a geisha!). As others have stated, the magic ingredient in this is kaolin - a good oil control clay. I've tried this as primer and as finishing powder - it works well either way. I like to mix this with a regular tinted finishing powder - this will help if your skintone is quite tan. It comes in a basic plastic jar with a sifter and I think this is quite practical for what it is. I will probably repurchase if I run out.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I found this powder to be a bit chalky, I prefer my own kaolin clay powder mixed just a little mica, I think if they left the zinc out it would have been better because kaolin by itslelf is a great powder. As for oil control it wasn't that good but my skin isn't that oily.

on 6/12/2009 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I don't know if i use this powder in a wrong way, but i think it is to dry and gives a chalky look.... It's just to dry for my skin...So it gives a matte look, but the skin looks a little "dead" in some way also.... I don't like it!

;)

Won't buy again!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I love Fyrinnae's Mineral finish: Oil Control. I use the tiniest amount on either my powder brush or my kaubuki brush and I blend it in over my foundation, until it disappears on my skin. It gives my makeup a finished look, and helps it last throughout the day. I purchased a sample on fyrinnae.com for around 2.50$ and it came in a small jar without a sifter. I dropped it one day and I almost cried. I ended up ordering a full size for around 7$, that includes a sifter and a few sample sizes for travel. (fyi~If you spend 40$ or more on your order, then shipping is free).

The product is WHITE in the jar, but don't let this scare you. I have dark skin and I have no problem blending it in with little effort. Just use a small amount on your brush, and dust and blend, you can always add more if you feel it is neccessary. If you go nuts with it, the whiteness may show (I know because I did that when I dumped it). If this happens, just take a clean large fluffy brush and dust away/blend in and voila- all better!

I will absolutely repurchase this product.

on 10/5/2008 2:47:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I bought this product as well as the rice powder due to the positive reviews here. After reading the reviews here, I thought maybe I'd found the solution finally for my very oily skin. Disappointed again. It does not control the oil better than any other finishing powder, and I'm using it on top of the rice powder. Also, it does make my face slightly whiter, more noticeably in the daytime. Back to trying other products.

on 6/8/2008 1:22:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I purchased this when I repurchased the rice powder primer (still have some left...that stuff lasts forever, but I panic about thinking of not having it). First of all, this stuff is cheap. I think I paid about $7.00 on the website. They always warn you that depending on demand, your order may be delayed. I have not found this to be the case so far. This is the 2nd time I've ordered from them and both came within 1 week, which is perfectly acceptable. This, like the rice powder primer, is pure white. And once again, like I did with the primer, I had a little trepidation about putting pure white powder on my face. Not to worry. It sinks in and does not make you look dead. It comes in a generous jar with a sifter, just like the rice powder, but a little bigger than that. A swipe with a kabuki brush over my face and I'm good to go. I have pretty good skin to begin with, but this really makes it look flawless. I wear the primer, a liquid foundation and then this over the top. My skin looks totally even toned. As for oil control....hmmm. I am lucky enough to live close to my office and come home for lunch everyday. Before I go back, I blot with a Clean/Clear and I still blot up oil. Not sure if I'm not using enough of the powder or if my skin just produces that much oil and I can't help it. I live in TX and it's very, very warm this time of year....has been close to 100 for about 2 weeks, so that may be asking too much of any powder. I would buy again though. Fyrinnae is very affordable and their customer service is A+. They also send a sample eye shadow with every order. :)

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is better than BE Mineral Veil! Dirt cheap and my orders always arrive within a week. Skin looks flawless but not sucked dry. Packaging has some flaws but for this quality and price I will certainly deal with it!

on 8/18/2008 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This finishing powder didn't help control oil for me at all. Furthermore, it was very difficult to get out of the sifter.