Bobbi Brown Lip Color - Sandwash Pink #22

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Bobbi Brown Lip Color - Sandwash Pink #22
Lip Color - Sandwash Pink #22Lip Color - Sandwash Pink #22Bobbi Brown Sandwash PinkLip Color - Sandwash Pink #22

4.1

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I was hoping for a neutral medium toned nude pink but this was just too light for my pigmented lips and ended up making me look ill. It also goes on heavy but does stay for awhile on my lips.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I was gifted a mini size of this with my purchase (thanks, Bobbi Brown!) I loved the packaging. The texture is really good; smooth enough that it's easy to apply and not drying, not too soft that it goes all over the place. How the color looks, like most lipsticks, depends on the person. I looked online and on some women this looks soooo different than how it looks on me. I have very fair skin and my natural lip color is light pink. On me this lipsticks's color looks somewhere between dark pink and brown. Almost like roof tile. I didn't like that color much but I'm happy to have a different color on the shelf.

Then I checked the price out of curiosity and this is why I have to give 4 stars instead of 5. It's expensive everywhere but in my country."Rouge Dior is the same price when it's on discount" level expensive. I might still get one if I find a color I love a lot and can find it on discount but this shade was not that.

P.S. The current main picture on this page for this product, that light pink in the lipstick tube is NOT Sandwash Pink. Search it on Google Images to see the exact color.

on 3/29/2016 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Looks a little nude on me, but has just enough sheen and a hint of pink to give my face some much needed colour. Love the super sleek and elegant packaging. Great application and goes on pretty easily without cracking or drying my lips. Stays on pretty decently (about 3/4 hours) until meals. The some what powdery scent on Bobbie Brown's lipsticks also makes this a huge win. 4/5

on 5/15/2015 8:53:00 AM

This is my MLBB, and the lipstick I wear the absolute most often. For a non-drying and relatively matte lipstick, this has decent wear time. I don't love the grandmalipstick scent, but it doesn't put me off the product.

It's a bit expensive, but I feel it's worth it for the quality of the product, the wear, texture and colour. It lasts long enough, and is pigmented enough to only require one pass over each lip for adequate colour. I will repurchase when this tube is done.

on 5/15/2014 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I recently received a little sample lip palette with a Bobbi Brown purchase and among other shades it contained this famous color. About ten years ago when I first tried the shade at the counter I did not care for it, I remember Sandwash Pink as a medium brownish pink with a caramel tinge. It was not deep enough to have much impact on my highly pigmented lips and I distinctly remember its warm undertone, which I felt was not a good fit for my pale cool toned complexion. Alas, when I tried it again in that little sample palette, as well as at the counter a few days later, it looked quite different. And I am glad to see the previous reviewer also mentioned that the shade as well as the formulation as a whole were obviously changed over the years. And changed for the better I must say. Sandwash Pink in its current form is a beautiful neutral pink, similar in shade to the (sadly and shockingly!) discontinued Brownie Pink lip color which was my everyday staple - but a tad pinkier and lighter than Brownie Pink. I am glad to find that Sandwash Pink does show up on my lips and the formula wears very well, it is non-drying with good coverage, makes my lips look naturally polished and it feels comfortable with decent staying power. I have worn Sandwash Pink every day since I got it a few weeks ago which says a lot, given the number of lipsticks I have in rotation. Retails for $25.

on 4/21/2014 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Absolutely love this. I bought this color several years ago and the whole thing was off. The color was bright and the smell was completely rancid. It looked nothing like the lipstick I swatched on my hand and tried on in the store. I decided to try it again because every time I walk by the Bobbi Brown counter, I swatch this and love the color.

Gorgeous YLBB shade. It's pink, and the name implies that it may be a warm pink, but it's not; it's a neutral soft, medium nude-pink lipstick that has a wonderful texture and excellent longevity. It wears for hours at a time. After eating and drinking, it fades of course, but it leaves behind a natural flush on the lips. It makes your lips look fuller and the creamy texture keeps them hydrated.

I have no complaints other than the price, but honestly, I would repurchase. There are so many lipsticks that I really love, but price keeps me from repurchasing, because I think I can always find a dupe. Not with this lipstick. The color and texture are both winners, so I will stock up.

on 2/23/2013 8:53:00 AM

This is a dark pinky brown which I would wear for day time. I topped this with crystal lip gloss and it looks really modern and feminine. I didnt like the smell of this though....but it wears off eventually. I think BB recommended this for Kate Middleton`s wedding so its a good bet if your walking down the aisle in summer. The color photos well.

it is so pretty when you pair it with viva glam vi (mac lipglass). i love10000000x it

on 11/8/2009 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I purchased this lip color about two years ago, becoming convinced by the salesgal that it did not look brown on my lips. Well, it did look brown and I forced mysefl to wear it for about a year and a half. Then I put it in a small makeup storage bag and moved on to other lip colors. A few weeks ago, I dragged it out and tried it on again. The texture was still creamy so it is a high quality product and has nice packaging. But, honestly, I wish some of these lip colors from this company made at least an attempt to complement, not clash with, pink-toned gals. I know, Bobbi is skin-tone challenged. I love her Pale Mauve Lip Color but it is now the only Bobbi Brown lip stick I own. I tossed out the Sandwash Pink lipstick and moved on to Chanel.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

With my Bobbi Brown mascara I was lucky enough to get a miniature lipstick for free as a sample and I'm totally in love with this. The texture is very creamy, it's amazingly pigmented and the "Sandwashed Pink" tone in which I received it, is just my color! It's a lovely everyday shade which accentuates my natural lip color in an awesome way. It certainly is a nude shade, even though it didn't look like it when I first got it. But for me, being a Snow-white/Wintertype, this is just perfect.

The only downside this might have: it is not a lipstick which provides a lot of moisture. So if you're used to gloss or lip care products, the texture of this lippie might be irritating at first. However, imho this is made up by the fact that it lasts ages. Once applied in the morning, it will survive the first couple cups of coffee as well as breakfast without problems. I only had to fix my lip make-up once after lunch.

For me, this is definitely a must-have! And I will totally buy again, once my sample is done. Thanks to the Bobbi Brown marketing people for getting me hooked on this :D