Bobbi Brown Lip Color - Sandwash Pink #22

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Bobbi Brown Lip Color - Sandwash Pink #22
Lip Color - Sandwash Pink #22Lip Color - Sandwash Pink #22Bobbi Brown Sandwash PinkLip Color - Sandwash Pink #22

on 7/10/2018 10:12:00 AM

Sandwash Pink is on the light end of everyday MLBB nude for me (AAB/NC25). Creamy, semi-matte, wears well, good coverage, non-drying. Packaging is the typical BB shape with squared cross section for the body, glossy black base and lid and gold central band. I like the feel of BB's packaging, but I hate having to read the label to determine which shade it is.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

If you are fair and have a hard time finding a nude lipstick that doesn't make you look like a corpse, give this lipstick a try. I am NW10-15ish, and I have a hard time finding nude colors that don't turn orangey or make me look dead. Sandwash Pink is a light pinky nude that isn't too pale, isn't too brown, and isn't too cool. Others have said it is blue based, and I suppose it leans toward the cool side, but it is still pretty neutral in my opinion. It has no shimmer, is densely pigmented, and the finish is sort of matte (and a tad drying). If you have dry lips, exfoliate first and put balm on underneath. It also looks fabulous topped with Bobbi Brown lipgloss in Rosy.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Sandwash Pink is a very nice, natural pink that is blue-based with a hint of brown/beige tones, with a creamy matte finish. It's well suited to fair skintones, and as I am an NC15 girl in MAC, and 0.5 in UD Naked, I can attest personally to that. I'm not sure how well it would work on dark and deep tones, however, simply because it's quite a light shade, and it may disappear when in contrast with a deep skintone.

This is excellent for fair skin because it can function as a nude lipstick without making you look gaunt or have that dreaded "corpse lips" appearance.

Pros:
- Great colour.
- Nice consistency, although not as nice as MAC or Bite.
- Creamy matte without being overly dry.
- Pretty, if old-fashioned, packaging that is also perfectly functional.
- Great, dense pigmentation.
- Very wearable.

Cons:
- Overpriced. I understand that it's a luxury product, and that its price reflects that, but you can find many lipsticks that are similar for much less. (This did not affect my rating, but is worth considering.)
- The smell. I really wish they would either make it odourless, or at least scent it with something pleasant like vanilla (as MAC does). As it is, it has that classic "grandma's lipstick" scent, which isn't very appealing for the market Bobbi Brown is trying to capture (seemingly, women under 60). The smell isn't that terrible, but this lipstick is $30. For the price you're paying, it should be at least inoffensive.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Sometimes I don't know why I write these reviews because I wonder who reads them...Anyway, just to let you know I am a NC25 Yellow toned Asian girl, and I've always been very jealous of girls like Kim K or Paris Hilton who could pull off super pale lipsticks like Angel from MAC. I've accepted that that look will never look right with my hair color, skintone and features combined.

I got a full face makeover after I joined VIB ..complained that I look ugly in nude lips and she agreed :) and the lovely makeup artist used this color on me...and wow...this made my small lips look way bigger and sexier...like I dont have lipstick on at all but just a big transformation!! This color is quite mauve-y, and pink...brown...but it looks phenomenal and this is now my version of a nude lip. She added lip glace in blush from Laura Mercier and the two combined made me look hot!!!

This lipstick is a pale blue based pink with a hint of brown. It's quite creamy but somehow it emphasizes the lines on my lips and dryness of my lower lip. The colour looks like my lip but slightly more pink and there seems to be a layer of bluish pink that appears when the light catches it. On my NC25-30 skin tone this looks almost pinky nude. Great with dark eye makeup. I use this with a moisturizing lip balm and my tanya burr champagne toast lipgloss :) it's the perfect combo for that everyday look. My only complaint it the smell. The scent reminds me of those old fashion lipsticks from the 80s-90s - yucky!

I bought this and Pale Pink, as well as a semi-lipstick in Crystal Pink.
All of them make my lips sore. Within 5 minutes if applying my lips tingle and after a few applications my lips are dry and in need of lip salve.

It's annoying as the colour range is extensive but there is clearly an ingredient which doesn't suit my skin.

I also think they are expensive compared with cheaper brands. I don't mind paying a reasonable amount for foundation and eye shadows but think almost £20 for lipstick is too much.

on 4/29/2013 7:22:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I have always been a fan of nude-rose shades of lipsticks so ever since I grabbed hold of one a few years back, I have never regretted buying and using this product time and time again. It's a shade you can wear in just about any occasion - from work to parties. It's not a loud scandalous color nor does it leave me looking sickly pale. It lives up to the rest of Bobbi Brown's strengths - it beautifies by subtly enhancing a lady's face. The only downside to the product is that after around 5 to 6 months of use, the remaining product kind of has this funky scent to it so I guess you best not let it stay unused. Other than that, I still LOVE this lipstick and will continue buying it!

on 2/1/2013 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

my only lipstick repurchase EVER. i have every shade in every brand of lipstick and this is my every day go-to. wouldn't wear for a special occasion or anything even w/ a dark eye i like a more NUDE nude but this is a great medium pinky beigey nude. wear it under my "pink beige" bb lip gloss and my lips are lush and perfectly colored for day time wear. i am a warm beige 3.5 and nw 25 for reference. stays on all day.

on 7/22/2011 8:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I find Bobbi Brown products, with the exception of their pot rouges, to be completely underwhelming. I understand that their mission is simple, natural beauty, but honestly it just seems that their products are way over priced for colors that are nothing special, formulas that are just okay and packaging that is awful. I bought two BB lipsticks on a SA's recommendation and fond the application very dry and chalky. Sandwash Pink is a decent enough neutral color for me, but I've found prettier colors much cheaper. Also, I am not hard at all on my makeup and the caps to both lipsticks split down the middle in a little over a week of use. At the price they charge for these things, the packaging should be iron-clad.

on 5/29/2011 5:53:00 PM

This is my first Bobbi Brown lipstick and I am really impressed. The color goes on really well and feels light and comfortable on the lips. I received a free Petal lip gloss sample with this and the two pair well together. I have also worn it under MAC Nymphette and that is a nice combination as well. I think this will be a great color to be worn alone or with a variety of neutral glosses. Would definitely repurchase.