Bobbi Brown Lip Color - Sandwash Pink #22

Bobbi Brown Lip Color - Sandwash Pink #22
Lip Color - Sandwash Pink #22Lip Color - Sandwash Pink #22Bobbi Brown Sandwash PinkLip Color - Sandwash Pink #22

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

If you are fair and have a hard time finding a nude lipstick that doesn't make you look like a corpse, give this lipstick a try. I am NW10-15ish, and I have a hard time finding nude colors that don't turn orangey or make me look dead. Sandwash Pink is a light pinky nude that isn't too pale, isn't too brown, and isn't too cool. Others have said it is blue based, and I suppose it leans toward the cool side, but it is still pretty neutral in my opinion. It has no shimmer, is densely pigmented, and the finish is sort of matte (and a tad drying). If you have dry lips, exfoliate first and put balm on underneath. It also looks fabulous topped with Bobbi Brown lipgloss in Rosy.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Sometimes I don't know why I write these reviews because I wonder who reads them...Anyway, just to let you know I am a NC25 Yellow toned Asian girl, and I've always been very jealous of girls like Kim K or Paris Hilton who could pull off super pale lipsticks like Angel from MAC. I've accepted that that look will never look right with my hair color, skintone and features combined.

I got a full face makeover after I joined VIB ..complained that I look ugly in nude lips and she agreed :) and the lovely makeup artist used this color on me...and wow...this made my small lips look way bigger and sexier...like I dont have lipstick on at all but just a big transformation!! This color is quite mauve-y, and pink...brown...but it looks phenomenal and this is now my version of a nude lip. She added lip glace in blush from Laura Mercier and the two combined made me look hot!!!

on 7/22/2011 8:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I find Bobbi Brown products, with the exception of their pot rouges, to be completely underwhelming. I understand that their mission is simple, natural beauty, but honestly it just seems that their products are way over priced for colors that are nothing special, formulas that are just okay and packaging that is awful. I bought two BB lipsticks on a SA's recommendation and fond the application very dry and chalky. Sandwash Pink is a decent enough neutral color for me, but I've found prettier colors much cheaper. Also, I am not hard at all on my makeup and the caps to both lipsticks split down the middle in a little over a week of use. At the price they charge for these things, the packaging should be iron-clad.

TEXTURE: creamy matte, doesn't slip around. LONGEVITY: 2-4 hours. COLOR: one pass for opacity, great quality too since the color doesn't break apart or feather, and it wears away uniformly. On my NC 25 skin, it looks like a plain muted pink, no fancy undertones. Not a garish pink, more neutral pinkbut i wouldn't call it nude. IT STINKS THOUGH. Like all Bobbi Brown lipsticks, it smells like badly rinsed tupperware washed with lemon detergent. Awful. For the price, i think we could do away with this ~unique~ assault on the nose.

on 3/10/2005 3:57:00 AM

This one resembles Pale Pink (which I prefer) but is slightly different as I detect more beige tones in it. I like it, but it can wash me out if I'm wearing the wrong clothes, the wrong blush or if I'm tired. I still like it tough, just not as much as Pale Pink, which I adore.
As usual, BB l/s are slightly drying, but have superb staying power and don't wear off when drinking or eating.
For your reference: I'm LLL, neutral to yellow, brown hair, blue-grey eyes, medium pigmented lips. continued >>

I love and have worn this lipstick for years. It's the perfect MLBB that goes well with minimal makeup or dressed up glam. Comfortable, no scent, long lasting and although pricey, you get what you pay for a lipstick that delivers.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Sandwash Pink is a very nice, natural pink that is blue-based with a hint of brown/beige tones, with a creamy matte finish. It's well suited to fair skintones, and as I am an NC15 girl in MAC, and 0.5 in UD Naked, I can attest personally to that. I'm not sure how well it would work on dark and deep tones, however, simply because it's quite a light shade, and it may disappear when in contrast with a deep skintone.

This is excellent for fair skin because it can function as a nude lipstick without making you look gaunt or have that dreaded "corpse lips" appearance.

Pros:
- Great colour.
- Nice consistency, although not as nice as MAC or Bite.
- Creamy matte without being overly dry.
- Pretty, if old-fashioned, packaging that is also perfectly functional.
- Great, dense pigmentation.
- Very wearable.

Cons:
- Overpriced. I understand that it's a luxury product, and that its price reflects that, but you can find many lipsticks that are similar for much less. (This did not affect my rating, but is worth considering.)
- The smell. I really wish they would either make it odourless, or at least scent it with something pleasant like vanilla (as MAC does). As it is, it has that classic "grandma's lipstick" scent, which isn't very appealing for the market Bobbi Brown is trying to capture (seemingly, women under 60). The smell isn't that terrible, but this lipstick is $30. For the price you're paying, it should be at least inoffensive.

on 6/13/2005 12:11:00 AM

This is a pretty shade, a very neutral beige pink. It's probably the most neutral of BB's lipstick shades. Because it's completely matte and so neutral it's difficult to pull off wearing it completely by itself. When I try to wear this by itself I look like death warmed over. With a gloss over it (such as Bobbi's Buff), it's a very nice nude lip, especially if you like a nude lip that is not too brown or orangey.

on 5/15/2014 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I recently received a little sample lip palette with a Bobbi Brown purchase and among other shades it contained this famous color. About ten years ago when I first tried the shade at the counter I did not care for it, I remember Sandwash Pink as a medium brownish pink with a caramel tinge. It was not deep enough to have much impact on my highly pigmented lips and I distinctly remember its warm undertone, which I felt was not a good fit for my pale cool toned complexion. Alas, when I tried it again in that little sample palette, as well as at the counter a few days later, it looked quite different. And I am glad to see the previous reviewer also mentioned that the shade as well as the formulation as a whole were obviously changed over the years. And changed for the better I must say. Sandwash Pink in its current form is a beautiful neutral pink, similar in shade to the (sadly and shockingly!) discontinued Brownie Pink lip color which was my everyday staple - but a tad pinkier and lighter than Brownie Pink. I am glad to find that Sandwash Pink does show up on my lips and the formula wears very well, it is non-drying with good coverage, makes my lips look naturally polished and it feels comfortable with decent staying power. I have worn Sandwash Pink every day since I got it a few weeks ago which says a lot, given the number of lipsticks I have in rotation. Retails for $25.

on 4/21/2014 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Absolutely love this. I bought this color several years ago and the whole thing was off. The color was bright and the smell was completely rancid. It looked nothing like the lipstick I swatched on my hand and tried on in the store. I decided to try it again because every time I walk by the Bobbi Brown counter, I swatch this and love the color.

Gorgeous YLBB shade. It's pink, and the name implies that it may be a warm pink, but it's not; it's a neutral soft, medium nude-pink lipstick that has a wonderful texture and excellent longevity. It wears for hours at a time. After eating and drinking, it fades of course, but it leaves behind a natural flush on the lips. It makes your lips look fuller and the creamy texture keeps them hydrated.

I have no complaints other than the price, but honestly, I would repurchase. There are so many lipsticks that I really love, but price keeps me from repurchasing, because I think I can always find a dupe. Not with this lipstick. The color and texture are both winners, so I will stock up.