Bobbi Brown Lip Color - Sandwash Pink #22

Bobbi Brown Lip Color - Sandwash Pink #22
Lip Color - Sandwash Pink #22Bobbi Brown Sandwash PinkLip Color - Sandwash Pink #22

on 2/19/2017 4:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Love this! Moisturising but still matte enough it doesn't makes my lips look all shiny and cracked. Will be repurchasing, possibly in more than just this colour. Sand wash pink is a gorgeous muted pink with cool brown undertones, great for casual every day wear. I apply it onto my lips from the stick first, and then buff it into my lips with my fingertip to make them look larger.

on 2/10/2017 1:44:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I really love this colour it's a cool toned pink with brown shade that certainly isn't anything close to nude on me (I'm too fair). The finish isn't matte at first but I found that as it wears off it does turn rather matte. It lasts a bit longer on me than most lipsticks and I like how evenly it fades. It actually looks good a little bit faded and blurred which is very unusual for me to like in a lipstick. I didn't find this particularly drying nor did I find it moisturizing either. Overall this is a great lipstick that's very flattering and easy to wear. Would repurchase.

TEXTURE: creamy matte, doesn't slip around. LONGEVITY: 2-4 hours. COLOR: one pass for opacity, great quality too since the color doesn't break apart or feather, and it wears away uniformly. On my NC 25 skin, it looks like a plain muted pink, no fancy undertones. Not a garish pink, more neutral pinkbut i wouldn't call it nude. IT STINKS THOUGH. Like all Bobbi Brown lipsticks, it smells like badly rinsed tupperware washed with lemon detergent. Awful. For the price, i think we could do away with this ~unique~ assault on the nose.

on 6/21/2016 3:07:00 AM

The color & staying power are great but it smells like grandma lipstick or worse it smells like it is gone bad already..i couldn't imagine it will be that much noticeable on the lips as it wasn't that noticable in the bullet or i wouldn't buy it in the first place. wouldn't repurchase it's expensive and smell bad eventhough the color is a great nude for me..

on 4/1/2016 5:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a really good everyday lipstick and very office appropriate. Really pigmented and lasts a long time on my lips. I pair this with Bobbi's lip pencil in brownie pink.

on 3/29/2016 12:46:00 AM

Looks a little nude on my skin tone, but it has just enough sheen and a hint of pink to give me some much needed colour on my face. Love the super sleek and elegant packaging. Great application and goes on pretty easily without cracking or drying my lipsticks. Stays on pretty decently (about 3/4 hours) until meals. The some what powdery scent on Bobbie Brown's lipsticks also makes this a huge win. 4/5

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

If you are fair and have a hard time finding a nude lipstick that doesn't make you look like a corpse, give this lipstick a try. I am NW10-15ish, and I have a hard time finding nude colors that don't turn orangey or make me look dead. Sandwash Pink is a light pinky nude that isn't too pale, isn't too brown, and isn't too cool. Others have said it is blue based, and I suppose it leans toward the cool side, but it is still pretty neutral in my opinion. It has no shimmer, is densely pigmented, and the finish is sort of matte (and a tad drying). If you have dry lips, exfoliate first and put balm on underneath. It also looks fabulous topped with Bobbi Brown lipgloss in Rosy.

on 5/15/2015 8:53:00 AM

This is my MLBB, and the lipstick I wear the absolute most often. For a non-drying and relatively matte lipstick, this has decent wear time. I don't love the grandmalipstick scent, but it doesn't put me off the product.

It's a bit expensive, but I feel it's worth it for the quality of the product, the wear, texture and colour. It lasts long enough, and is pigmented enough to only require one pass over each lip for adequate colour. I will repurchase when this tube is done.

I'd been looking for a color like this forever! A medium toned pink that isn't too brown, isn't too blue. Not too pale, not too bright. Not glittery, wears well. I have light skin, dark eyes and brown hair and this gives my whole face a great finish. Perfect every day color that doesn't disappear, wears fairly well. Would only complain that it's a little dry but I put a little bit of balm underneath so no problem.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Sandwash Pink is a very nice, natural pink that is blue-based with a hint of brown/beige tones, with a creamy matte finish. It's well suited to fair skintones, and as I am an NC15 girl in MAC, and 0.5 in UD Naked, I can attest personally to that. I'm not sure how well it would work on dark and deep tones, however, simply because it's quite a light shade, and it may disappear when in contrast with a deep skintone.

This is excellent for fair skin because it can function as a nude lipstick without making you look gaunt or have that dreaded "corpse lips" appearance.

Pros:
- Great colour.
- Nice consistency, although not as nice as MAC or Bite.
- Creamy matte without being overly dry.
- Pretty, if old-fashioned, packaging that is also perfectly functional.
- Great, dense pigmentation.
- Very wearable.

Cons:
- Overpriced. I understand that it's a luxury product, and that its price reflects that, but you can find many lipsticks that are similar for much less. (This did not affect my rating, but is worth considering.)
- The smell. I really wish they would either make it odourless, or at least scent it with something pleasant like vanilla (as MAC does). As it is, it has that classic "grandma's lipstick" scent, which isn't very appealing for the market Bobbi Brown is trying to capture (seemingly, women under 60). The smell isn't that terrible, but this lipstick is $30. For the price you're paying, it should be at least inoffensive.