Bobbi Brown Lip Color - Sandwash Pink #22

Filtered by age: 19-24
Bobbi Brown Lip Color - Sandwash Pink #22
Lip Color - Sandwash Pink #22Lip Color - Sandwash Pink #22Bobbi Brown Sandwash PinkLip Color - Sandwash Pink #22

4.2

on 2/19/2017 4:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Love this! Moisturising but still matte enough it doesn't makes my lips look all shiny and cracked. Will be repurchasing, possibly in more than just this colour. Sand wash pink is a gorgeous muted pink with cool brown undertones, great for casual every day wear. I apply it onto my lips from the stick first, and then buff it into my lips with my fingertip to make them look larger.

TEXTURE: creamy matte, doesn't slip around. LONGEVITY: 2-4 hours. COLOR: one pass for opacity, great quality too since the color doesn't break apart or feather, and it wears away uniformly. On my NC 25 skin, it looks like a plain muted pink, no fancy undertones. Not a garish pink, more neutral pinkbut i wouldn't call it nude. IT STINKS THOUGH. Like all Bobbi Brown lipsticks, it smells like badly rinsed tupperware washed with lemon detergent. Awful. For the price, i think we could do away with this ~unique~ assault on the nose.

on 4/1/2016 5:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a really good everyday lipstick and very office appropriate. Really pigmented and lasts a long time on my lips. I pair this with Bobbi's lip pencil in brownie pink.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Sandwash Pink is a very nice, natural pink that is blue-based with a hint of brown/beige tones, with a creamy matte finish. It's well suited to fair skintones, and as I am an NC15 girl in MAC, and 0.5 in UD Naked, I can attest personally to that. I'm not sure how well it would work on dark and deep tones, however, simply because it's quite a light shade, and it may disappear when in contrast with a deep skintone.

This is excellent for fair skin because it can function as a nude lipstick without making you look gaunt or have that dreaded "corpse lips" appearance.

Pros:
- Great colour.
- Nice consistency, although not as nice as MAC or Bite.
- Creamy matte without being overly dry.
- Pretty, if old-fashioned, packaging that is also perfectly functional.
- Great, dense pigmentation.
- Very wearable.

Cons:
- Overpriced. I understand that it's a luxury product, and that its price reflects that, but you can find many lipsticks that are similar for much less. (This did not affect my rating, but is worth considering.)
- The smell. I really wish they would either make it odourless, or at least scent it with something pleasant like vanilla (as MAC does). As it is, it has that classic "grandma's lipstick" scent, which isn't very appealing for the market Bobbi Brown is trying to capture (seemingly, women under 60). The smell isn't that terrible, but this lipstick is $30. For the price you're paying, it should be at least inoffensive.

on 6/8/2012 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I solely bought this because Kate Middleton wore it on her wedding day. And it is BEAUTIFUL! I love it!!! Such a gorgeous, MLBB colour :)

on 10/16/2011 8:17:00 PM

My favorite go-to lipstick!

It's basically the color of my lips so it evens them out and gives them a little bit of color! It's just so perfect a subtle

I just love this colour! It gives some depth to the lip while also being a great pink nude. Perfect with the bobbi brown crystal gloss on top. It's creamy and would have to be my favorite bobbi lip colour. It just works with everything.

it is so pretty when you pair it with viva glam vi (mac lipglass). i love10000000x it

This color did not flatter my fair skin and only brought out the redness.

on 3/27/2008 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Although I have used BB products in the past, this is my first lipstick of hers. I like the way it feels and the quality. I HATE the smell. It is awful, and I am usually not too picky about stuff like that, but this is just so bad I had to mention it. The color is iffy. I first put it on the other morning, and it looked so bright and garish on my lips I had to put gloss over it to tone it down. I applied it later in the day, and then it reminded me of Nars Dolce Vita. I wish it looked on my lips like it does in the tube...like a sandwash pink. But alas....in summary, I am pleased enough to want to try another color, but I will not purchase this particular one. Also, I feel I should mention that I received this in the 2007 Breast Cancer Awareness set.

||EDIT|| This is still kind of an odd color on my lips. I don't know if it turns because of the pigment I have in my lips, but I like it more than I used to. It's sort of a hot pink MLBB I can pull off. I have always wished I could wear NARS Roman Holiday, or some fabulous pink, and I feel like I can do it with this.