MAC Cosmetics Kohl Power - Mystery

No Image

3.3

on 8/15/2008 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I've never bought a backup for an eyeliner (don't use that much to begin with), but this one made me change my mind. It's a gorgeous blackened teal that goes really well with teal/blue/green eyeshadows (particularly Talent Pool from the Starflash collection and Blue Flame). The best part is that in certain lights, it looks different--one minute it's black, the next it's teal, the next it's dark teal. I know a lot of people have complained about smudging but I don't use it on my waterline, so maybe that is the difference.

on 8/9/2008 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Gorgeous color: blackish teal. Smooth application and sadly, too much smearing. These Kohl Powers have nice colors but awful staying-power. I am disappointed that it does not stay put on my waterline, as others have said. Also, it tends to wear off rather quickly even when used as an eyeliner above eye. I've also noticed my eyes seem to water more when I've worn it. I've worn it three times and I don't like the irritation or the raccoon effect. I will return this product, unfortunately.

on 10/20/2007 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have no problem with this liner running or smudging because...what else can you expect from a kohl liner? Actually this color looks black when you try it on your hand, but on my waterline it looks dark green. I think that is the accurate description of this color, a very dark green with some sparkle. I think the price for a liner is a little expensive...but overall it's a good product. My skin is very oily so I wouldn't blame the smudging entirely on the pencil. I find that putting some concealer on the waterline helps a little.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

GAHH!!!!! Why does this product have to be so beautiful but so crappy? I saw these and immediately grabbed 3 of the 4. These are duo chrome kohl liners that flash different colors in different light. I picked up Orpheus, Raven, and Mystery and skipped Feline since its just black. Can I tell you that Mystery is GORGEOUS. Its a blackened teal that looks mostly black but flashes teal. Its stunning. Unfortunately it also smudges and smears like CRAZY. I mean, within the first hour it started smudging underneath my eyes. Then it just continued all day long. I mean, what a mess! I was fixing underneath my eyes, wiping it up all day. It did stay put on the top lid, over shadow and a base but the bottom was a mess. I even wore my trusty Kiss Me mascara that does not ever smudge to make sure it was the liner and it is. Granted, i do have an oily eye area and have to wear gel liners to keep them on. And i live in humid South Florida which doesnt help either. But alas, this is going back to the store since i cant go around looking like this, eyeliner smudged all running down my eyes. I checked out the Raven, which is a blackened burgandy that flashes plum burgandy and havent tried the Orpheus. All three are going back. Released August 2007 and retail for $13.50.