MAC Cosmetics Kohl Power - Mystery

3.3

on 2/26/2014 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Kinda regret getting this.

1. Don't come out as the colour you swatch on the back of your hand. I think this is mainly because on your hand, you go over it a lot harder than you would on your lash line. Doesn't look like blackened teal as an eyeliner at all.

2. SMUDGES LIKE MAD!!!! Smudge after an hour after. By 3 hours, there was nothing left! I asked for a liner to use on my bottom lash liner, so I could smudge it out a bit. This does nothing like that!

3. Dry. Like horribly dry. So hard to even get a line to show up under your lash line. My eyes start watering up by the time I'm finished. And what's all that white stuff around the lead of the pencil?

Don't even remember why I bought this. What's worst... I have two, the other being Raven. I might just see if MAC will take them back as part of B2M.

on 11/14/2012 2:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This kohl pencil is currently being re-promoted with the Holiday Glamour Daze collection. It's supposed to be a blackish teal but I get almost no color payoff... I did a quick swatch on the back of my hand and it was so dry and faint. I couldn't even imagine trying to get a visible line on my eyelid... I'd end up tugging so much. I literally never return things but I had to send this back because it would be the biggest waste of money. This was well reviewed in old reviews on this site so maybe the formula is different? I just can't even begin to understand how anyone could use this.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this pencil. It actually stays on quite well on my waterline and glides on so smoothly. =)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I bought two Kohl Powers: Mystery and Raven. Mystery is a gorgeous super dark teal with shimmer. Itís a really beautiful colourÖ seeing swatches of it online do not do it any justice. Even swatching it on your hand is nothing like using it on your eyes for the first time. I like the fact that these are so smudgyÖ I wear them on my lower lash line (not the waterline, these are no good for that, I use Smolder), smudge it, then clean it up with a Q-tip to get the exact look I want. Since Iím a big fan of dark smudge-y eyeliner, I love these pencils. Iím so glad they were re-released so I could get my paws on them. Anyways, I love these, but Iím only giving them four lippies since they are not good on the waterline and therefore less versatile for me. But I would still definitely repurchase.

This is a wonderful dark teal color, that really shows up on my pale skin. I love how smooth the texture is, and how easy it is to apply. I only wish they would come out with more colors, and make some of them permanent.

on 10/20/2007 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have no problem with this liner running or smudging because...what else can you expect from a kohl liner? Actually this color looks black when you try it on your hand, but on my waterline it looks dark green. I think that is the accurate description of this color, a very dark green with some sparkle. I think the price for a liner is a little expensive...but overall it's a good product. My skin is very oily so I wouldn't blame the smudging entirely on the pencil. I find that putting some concealer on the waterline helps a little.

Mystery is one of MAC's new Kohl Power eyeliners, released with the Smoke Signals Collection (September 2007). First of all, Mystery, as the other reviewers have so aptly described, is a blackened teal with a slight, shimmery sheen. The color is absolutely gorgeous and a great alternative to black eyeliner, especially for the daytime. The shimmer is very subtle and totally wearable--not glittery at all. Mystery has a lovely soft texture and applies very smoothly, without tugging on the skin. My issue with this product is its staying power. Because it is so soft, it migrates off my eyes and onto everywhere else. I have to reapply this product several times a day for it to look as good as it did in the morning. This is definitely not a product to wear in the heat, out at night, or anywhere you may be sweating. For reference, I am NC20, MUFE Face and Body 20, hazel eyes, light brown hair.