MAC Kohl Power - Mystery

No Image

4.7

on 6/9/2010 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my most favorite of favorite eyeliners. The first time I bought it, it was limited edition....then gone...then it came back and I bought another....now its gone again. I'm just using it very sparingly until it comes back and I can buy a bunch but it makes my brown eyes look SOOOO gorgeous. I feel absolutely fabulous when I'm wearing it, and I even like smudging it in for a little daytime smokey eye effect.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this pencil. It actually stays on quite well on my waterline and glides on so smoothly. =)

on 8/30/2007 1:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Naaaahhhhh... I don't completely agree with my previous reviewers regarding my precious, Mystery, Kohl Power pencil. It doesn't smudge on my eyes (or should I say, "off of my eyes?") any worse than any other kohl pencils I own. Gals rave over Laura Mercier kohl eye pencils, and Clinique cream shaper pencils, and both of those brands are among the worst pencils I own becuz of their smudge-factor and lack-of-staying-power ability. (They are so undependable, I hardly use them anymore.)
I have worn the Mystery pencil UNDER MY EYES {gasp}, and it does NOT migrate and disappear any more so than any other kohl pencil I own! Matter-of-fact, except for MAC's other Kohl pencils and Powerpoints & Technakohls, I would say this Kohl Power pencil is just as good- if not BETTER, than kohl pencils from other makeup lines (especially the two brands I mentioned above).
As for the color... I think Mystery is gorgeous! Yes, I would agree when swiped alongside Tarnish (MAC Kohl pencil), the two are VERY similar! The only difference is, Tarnish has more of a forest green sparkle, while Mystery has more of a teal (or blue-green) sparkle. I personally like Mystery better. When I smudge it with my smudge brush, I can definitely see the teal shimmer- it does not appear to be just, "softer black," as a previous reviewer mentioned.
Unless I just happened to come upon a good batch of Mystery Kohl Power pencils, I think this is a good eyeliner pencil, a great color, and worth owning. I love how it brings out the green in my hazel eyes, and I am probably going to buy myself a back-up... since it is LE. continued >>