MAC Cosmetics Kohl Power - Mystery

No Image

4.5

on 9/13/2008 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

What I liked about this: Gorgeous dark blackened teal colour with enough black in it to define eyes, not just add a stripe of colour. Has an iridescent finish that's complex and just mesmerizing. This soft pencil is easy to apply and blend. What I didn't like: It transfers on to the crease/ eyelid every single time, even when I blot it and apply a tiny bit of powder shadow over it. Also smudges easily, and with such a dark colour, smudges really show. Verdict: Love the colour, but I know I won't be reaching for it much because of the smudge factor. For the record, I have used kohl liners that do stay put eg. Lancome kohl liners, so I don't believe all kohl liners have the tendency to smudge. I don't use it on the waterline btw. NC50 for reference.

on 8/30/2007 8:00:00 AM

I have agree with the review below, this pencil looks like Tarnish however I want to add that it only appears similar on lighter skin (right now I'm C4) On much darker skin the aqua color is very visible. I tried it on a customer (NW50) and you could see the beautiful aqua color, no black at all.