Hard Candy SoCal Bronzer

Hard Candy SoCal Bronzer

4.2

on 2/7/2010 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this bronzer at 5 Below and it was only $1!
But, it is really sparkly and orange ):
I had put this on the day after I got it and it went all over my shirt and on my iPod Ear Buds. It did not have good staying power.
But, oh well. It was only $1!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This is a lovely bronzer. This comes in a huge cardboard piece with a mirror on the top flap. I could do without the mirror, but otherwise the packaging is fun and cute. The bronzer has a nice faint coconut scent. The bronze color is workable for most skin tones, but people who are very fair might be careful by using a skunk brush.

I've been trying a lot of bronzers lately, and this is my fave so far.

EDIT: It ends up a bit shimmery. More shimmery than I want with bronzers. This is nice if you're going to a party or just being "summery and fun". However, for me, this one is not for daily use, or to wear to work.

on 2/10/2010 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

well it comes with sooo much product so i dont have to buy another. also it was cheap i got it from 5 below. but its very shimery. you have to apply jus a little bit. but it looks great as an eyeshadow.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Smelsl good. Nothing to write home about. Iman's bronzer is better.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm light/medium asian and this bronzer is too orange for me. It's not oompa loompa orange or anything, but I definitely don't tan this color. It has a really nice coconut scent and very fine shimmer. It isn't too heavily pigmented so it's hard to go overboard with this bronzer. Also, the packaging is totally adorable.

cute package, but this is waaayyy to shimmery for the face. It looks like gold dust on your face, ugh. So sad it wasn't what I was looking for, I had high hopes for this bronzer

on 11/24/2008 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I recently started using bronzer and I started with this one. I like it, even though it does have shimmer. It is not too orange-y and needs to be applied with a light hand. I love the size of it for the price, it's amazing. I could see that someone might not like the shimmer but if you blow on the brush and start from the hair line forward you get more of just the color on cheeks and less shimmer. I'm no kid and I like it esp. during the winter when I get pasty white. I usually hit the apples with a pop of bright pink after applying this all over.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I do not usually use this as a bronzer, but as a highlighter!! ;)
It does have some shimmer, so if used during the day it should be applied with a light touch.
At night, I apply it on the E3 pattern (swipe a powder brush from your temples into your cheek and then out again downwards the side of your face) and it makes my face look like I have the perfect glow... it makes light reflect beautifully in the places where it should. It looks GORGEOUS in pictures!!!
It is a huge compact which should last you a long long time... however, my powder broke inside my makeup bag (and its not like I tossed it around or anything) but I solved the problem with a little bit of alcohol... you just put a few drops on the powder spread the paste around, let it dry for a few hours and voila! as good as new :)
Anyways, I got mine from Sephora and I see the Hard Candy brand is not being offered there anymore sooo... if I ever need it again I guess I'll have to get it from hardcandy.com

on 10/15/2008 3:44:00 PM

If anyone ever ran out of this product it would be a miracle - you get SOO much in the huge compact. The color is very nice and I use it quite a bit. A little tricky to blend and I wish it were a tad more shimmery but all in all, a lovely bronzer that will last ages.

on 11/26/2009 10:32:00 AM

I love this bronzer! I have fair skin but with a slightly yellow undertone and this doesn't make me look so obviously faked out (which is hard for a Canadian girl...where would the sun come from?). I have lightened it up now that the weather is colder but I still get comments on how nice and freshly tanned I look. I would definitely buy this product again but will have to search for it now that Sephora doesn't have it anymore.