Hard Candy SoCal Bronzer

Hard Candy SoCal Bronzer

4.2

cute package, but this is waaayyy to shimmery for the face. It looks like gold dust on your face, ugh. So sad it wasn't what I was looking for, I had high hopes for this bronzer

on 9/2/2007 8:00:00 PM

I really like this bronzer, it is a good light tan color that makes my beige-y skin look all summery. I didn't think it had too much shimmer, if it was matte it would make you look muddy, but whatever. I will repurchase when I run out!

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I think this bronzer leaves the prettiest summer glow. The compact is huge and so I don't feel wasteful putting this on my shoulders and decolletage. I am already naturally tan all year, so in the summer I welcome the excuse to wear shimmer in the sunlight. This bronzer is not as brown based as say NARS Laguna bronzer is, but it is more a golden dark honey with a gold shimmer and has a very summery coconut scent. It may be a little bit shimmery for daytime, but I love it. Plus, the packaging is so cute! The cover is a cartoon map of Southern California from the 101 in Malibu to where the 405 and the 15 meet down in San Diego and all the little landmarks around LA like Disneyland in Anaheim and the Santa Monica pier. Even though I'm raving about the packaging, the product itself is great, long lasting, and never once made me break out. It also never looked or felt like cake flour on my skin. It almost had a creamy consistency with the ease and spead of a powder. It's a great buy (only $22 for this huge thing) and if I ever run out (doubtful) I will rebuy.

I love this stuff. It is a great multi-tasker. It's so nice as a bronzer... what it was made for. It makes a really nice light blush in the summer.. normally I'd wear it as a blush in the summer with nothing else but some mascara and gloss. But I use it alot in the winter too when my school, work, theatre, and boyfriend stuff keeps me so busy I barely get any sleep. I get dark circles alot and I take a dab on my concealer brush with my concealer and the soft shimmers erases the tired look and makes my eyes and face brighten up.

on 3/18/2008 12:21:00 AM

I love this bronzer! i saw this first at sephora and was attracted by the packaging, its so huge and yet so cute for girls who love cali... and once i tried it on.... its looked and felt great too... just the right shimmer and bronze... this works wonderfully for girls who already have a natural tan al year round.. im just in luv with is product.. i tried NARS laguna and it didnt work for me cuz the shade was way too light... this product is so versatile if ur looking for bronzer u must try this!

on 5/10/2008 2:18:00 AM

This bronzer is lovely! It has just a tiny amount of shimmer (if used sparingly you can get away with using it on the day) and the color is perfect! Not too orange, not too dark... I am light skinned and this looks gorgeous on me :)
It's a HUGE bronzer so it will last ages.. I've tried it on my legs but its not very noticeable. Its ok though because I LOVE this on my face! The first day I wore it I picked up my bf at school and he asked me if I had been walking in the sun because I looked kind of tanned! So if you use just a little bit it looks quite natural... make sure you use a great powder brush and swipe over the areas where the sun would naturally hit (cheeks, forehead, nose, chin).
Gorgeous powder!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm light/medium asian and this bronzer is too orange for me. It's not oompa loompa orange or anything, but I definitely don't tan this color. It has a really nice coconut scent and very fine shimmer. It isn't too heavily pigmented so it's hard to go overboard with this bronzer. Also, the packaging is totally adorable.

on 9/9/2008 10:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This bronzer is great! You only need a little bit and it looks like you just got done tanning. You get a ton for the price. Hard Candy was having a sale when I purchased this so I got it for half the price! WELL worth it. I don't think I'm going to run out of this for a long time but if I do I'll repurchase.

on 10/9/2008 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this! It is amazing the best bronzer i have ever used. Everyone always comments how tanned i look with it aswell it is in a pretty square box ( Reminds me of a cd case lol ) It sparkles in the sun aswell and makes my skin look a lot more healthier I have a good adavantage of being one of very few people who have this product as we dont have a hard candy store :( If we did i would buy everything there products are a good price and really good i would reccommend! x

on 10/15/2008 3:44:00 PM

If anyone ever ran out of this product it would be a miracle - you get SOO much in the huge compact. The color is very nice and I use it quite a bit. A little tricky to blend and I wish it were a tad more shimmery but all in all, a lovely bronzer that will last ages.