3.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

My go to for the blackest of black eyeliners from MAC. I love smoulder eyeliner but it smudges on me during the summer. I sought out feline from MAC and was impressed with the payoff. You can wear it many ways, straight eyeliner, smudge out for that rock chick smoky look. Once it’s on it sets nicely and has an amazing payoff and pigmentation. I rarely see this smudged or get the panda eyes look from this eyeliner. Best eyeliner from MAC

About reviewer (39 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

from

4 years ago

So, I went to MAC specifically asking for a black pencil liner which would be soft as possible to smudge for smokey eyes and the SA suggested Feline. For me and the purpose I need it for it's perfection. * As it has been said numerous times it is ultra black and stays blaaaack even when smudged, many other black pencil liners turn to washed out gray or show a blue tint but Feline stays BLACK. * Yes, it smudges easily and it's supposed to smudge easily. This is a factor that can make or break the deal for many so consider your routine and needs. For example if you have oily lids or prefer to just swipe your liner on and go forget it. Feline can be divine but needs to be used under certain conditions. * Do your best to prep the lids (I do TFSI, Painterly Paintpot and a matte flesh colored eyeshadow to create a bulletproof base), line your eyes, smudge it, go on with your makeup and then set it with black eyeshadow. For the waterline wipe the excess moisture with a q-tip beforehand or just use a gel liner like Blacktrack. It goes unsaid that you must not touch your eyes during the day. It might look more lived-in as it stays on regardless but it's part of its charm. One lippie off because it does need work but honestly it's the secret weapon for killer smokey eyes. Not my everyday makeup choice but I never want to be without it.

About reviewer (944 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Curly, Medium

5 years ago

I really love this eyeliner pencil. over the years I have stopped using pencil on my lids, I use liquid liner there, but pencil works best for the lower lash line and waterline. I heard this pencil was really dark, but smudgy, so I stayed away, but was still intrigued enough to be curious and buy it. I really love it! It's beautiful for the waterline and inner rim, and I actually don't find it smudges on me (I don't use it on the lower lash line on my skin though). I used to have extremely oily skin where nothing lasted on me, my skin is dryer now, and this lasts amazingly well. it makes your eyes look smoldering and beautiful. I recommend it highly, I love it way more than the Makeup forever pencil and Urban Decay's pencil.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

6 years ago

2017 update: Still loving this - still Holy Grail! I do alternate this with YSL waterproof pencil (when I need that) and often combine it with kohl powder (I love smudgey smokey eyes!!!) but this is THE best black pencil I’ve ever come across! I echo everything BeautifullyNatural25 said. This is *supposed* to be a smudgey kohl pencil! If you are fond of the French girl, slept-in, kohl rimmed smokey eyes a la Carine Roitfeld, then this is the pencil for you! (If I'm not mistaken, I believe this was the pencil that was included in the MAC Carine Roitfeld set a couple of years ago). It truly is the perfect pencil for me. It is carbon black - I've never seen a blacker pencil. Too Faced lava gloss pencil might have come close... I've used kohl powder from the Middle East and I don't think it was as black as this. And yes, it smudges like crazy! Which, for me, is a great thing! You even have to watch where you're waving the pencil about as you apply it because anything it touches will have a black smudge on it. Watch those pencil shavings too. It applies fairly smoothly with a slight pull to it and it's ever so slightly crumbly. Not a problem for me and the look I'm trying to achieve. Blends like a dream and though it migrates - again, that's a good thing for me, it's so pigmented that it stays put too. (If that makes sense....). Lasts all day - and all night if you dare to sleep with it. Holy Grail for sure! Try this for some tres chic smokey eyes!

About reviewer (56 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairRed, Curly, Fine

6 years ago

why oh whhyyy didnt i listen to the reviews. No lie...i put this on at 7am by 11am this liner migrated to my damn face. PISSED bare in mind i guess i have a moist waterline and i didn't set it with a powder so that MAY have been my issue. I will try setting it tomorrow and see if that makes a difference. IF so i will edit this review however it is VERY nice and black..goes on smooth and you get a LOT of product unlike drug store pencils this thing is loooong.

About reviewer (149 reviews)

SkinCombination, Dark

HairBlack

EyesOther

6 years ago

I used smolder for the longest and it would smudge down my water line. When i ran out, i decided to try feline and it is better by far. It's super black and stays put on my water line all day. Well worth it!

About reviewer (25 reviews)

SkinCombination, Dark

HairBlack

EyesOther

7 years ago

I'm disappointed this doesn't work exactly as I'd hoped. The color payoff is PHENOMINAL, first and foremost. It draws a jet-black line quickly and easily. Beautiful. The problem is, no matter if I use my Too Faced primer or not, it smudges too much....and not in a good, smoky sexy way. It's just too messy on me for the waterline or lower lash line (upper lid lining is "ok"). However, IMO, Too Faced's Perfect Eyes liner in black is much better....it gives me the color AND sets, even on my waterline.

About reviewer (329 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

1.0

7 years ago

This smudges everywhere. It isn't good for normal-oily lids, even with primer underneath, it will smudge. If I curl my eyelashes while this is on my top liner it will smudge. By the end of maybe 1 hour to 30 minutes it will all be transferred to the bottom lash. Dark raccoon eyes, not the look I'm trying to achieve.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Other

7 years ago

I went to the MAC counter in my local department store looking for an intense black eyeliner. My intention was to buy Smolder. but the SA told me that Feline was the blackest black and also smudged less than Smolder. He showed me both and sure enough, Feline was the darker of the two. I have been reading the reviews saying that this pencil doesn't last, smudges, etc. I prefer to use this on my inner waterline top and bottom. It works even better than the Maybelline Studio automatic intense black eyeliner I was using for that purpose. However, sometimes I will line it very close to my upper and lower lids for a more dramatic nighttime look. I always put a powder eyeshadow over it for staying power. I use Carbon and it helps the pencil liner stay on very well. That would be my recommendation for those who have had problems with smudging. Those who really want staying power might be better off with the Technakohl automatic liners in the MAC line. Smolder seems to be more popular, but for me Feline is the kind of intense black that I love. When I use it on the waterline, it makes my green eyes stand out. For me this is an excellent product that, when used properly with a black eyeshadow, has terrific staying power.

About reviewer (52 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

7 years ago

This is a very BLACK eyeliner, which I love, but it smudges terribly! I use it over UDPP and in less than an hour, it has migrated to my crease and given me racoon eyes. sometimes I don't mind the smudging...if I'm going for that look...but most days, I don't prefer the smudging. It also irritates my eyes. I'm trying UD 24 7 liner in Perversion next. Just as black but supposed to have better staying power. I was sad to return this because I do love the color and how easily it glides on.

About reviewer (277 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm