no images

price range

Reviews

3.0

6 years ago

Review for Takrai Lemongrass Cleanser. I've had the one tub for ages, and I'm just not getting through it in a hurry. Partially because you don't need to use much, but also because I'm not too fussed with it. I find it a little hard to use. It comes it a tub, and the texture is very thick - the best way I can describe it is like cookie dough or shortcrust pastry dough. I use a spatula to spoon out a small chunk, and to stop it crumbling all over the place and wasting it, I press/roll it into a ball (like how you would roll cookie dough in the palm of your hand before pressing onto the baking tray). The best method I've found to use it is to rub the 'ball' around my dampened face until it's all applied, then massage it around with both hands. I find it gives very light exfoliation. I love the lemongrass scent, but it can be stingy if it gets too close to your eyes. My skin feels lovely and smooth after using this, and I'll be happy to use it all up, but it's just too much of a pain in the a-- to purchase again!

About reviewer (34 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair

HairBrown

7 years ago

I've been looking into gow products lately and wanted to purchase samples. I thought to myself "hmmmm, what should I purchase." I was looking for the product with some unique ingredients that I possibly never heard of. Something from another country that is hailed as a secret beauty product. When I saw the lemongrass cleanser, I wasn't intrigued by the description. Lemongrass? Thats not unique sounding enough, I thought. Several times I passed this, despite reading such wonderful reviews. I wanted to find somehing with a unique sounding base. I decided to go ahead and purchase it. While I imagined it to be a yellow gel like cleanser, I was surprised to see it to be a dry cleanser meant to exfoliate. And all I have to say is wow. Its made my skin brighter, buffed, refined, and baby soft. It's amazing. Good for: people who want buffed looking soft skin. People who are looking for a exfoliater. Not for: ppl who don't like lemongrass scent, may not be good for super sensitive skins. Ppl who don't like working with dry cleansers.

About reviewer (46 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

3.0

8 years ago

Interesting cleanser/scrub! Not what I was expecting at all. The scrub looks like a mossy colored paste with bits of grass-not pretty necessarily. It smells divine though...like lemon candy. The scrub felt quite strong on my skin and I'm someone who is used to AHA creams and sugar scrubs. The stinging was so strong I was worried it was burning my skin. I rinsed it off quickly and to my relief, I didn't notice any redness or irritation when I looked in the mirror. What I did notice was how smooth my skin was, and the fact that there was absolutely NO oil left on my skin. I wasn't sure how I felt about this as I have Normal/Combo skin that can sometimes get dry and flaky with certain cleansers. I applied my regular nighttime moisturizer shortly after and have not experienced any residual long term dryness. Overall, this is a unique scrub that packs a punch. Worth a try unless your skin is exceptionally dry. I'm not sure my skin could handle this everyday though.

About reviewer (88 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

1.0

9 years ago

I wanted to dropby and say after using Garden of Wisdom's lemongrass cleanser...I was fairly dissapointed. I didn't have bad skin to begin with..just afew small blemishes. I started breakingout badly after using it for about 1 week. I gave the product the benifit of the doubt and used it for about 2 and a half weeks and no luck.. Im pretty mad because I had to wait for shipping because I ordered online... dont waste your time on this..

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

9 years ago

I recently started using only GoW skincare and wanted to write some reviews for them. I love this scrub, it is a SCRUB, not (what I would call) a cleanser. It does not remove mu, so use something else for that beforehand. The smell is soooo great, that is so important to me for some reason, and it leaves my skin super smooth and not dry at all like most scrubs. Really recommend it for any skin type, but you can check their website for more info.

About reviewer (46 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

9 years ago

What a great exfoliator! Simple and effective. A bit is all you need. I am someone who needs constant exfoliation (at least 4 times a week for me) so I try to do it every other day. I don't think it's harsh because I use a light hand, only applying more pressure on spots where I need it (nose, cheeks, chin) I love that it's natural, and after I rinse my skin feels SUPER soft! A warning though, even after I rinsed 2 times, when I went to get a tissue to blot..the tissue was stained yellow (the scrub itself is yellow/brown) so maybe follow up with a toner and use a cottonball to clear the residue :) love it!

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

10 years ago

Okay, so I got this today and will have to update if things change but I did fall head over heels in love with the first usage of this. My skin does generally like sugar scrubs, and making one myself isn't all that difficult therefore I debated forever whether to try this or not since I can easily make my own facial scrub. I did end up deciding to try it and am so glad I did! An ordinary sugar scrub does leave my face smooth and exfoliated, however, also often sort of oily feeling and the sugar crystals can be too big if I don't grind them first. I like scrubs with really fine, sandpaper like grains in them. This scrub is just such a scrub, with sandpaper fine, gentle crystals/corns/grains whatever in it but not so fine and gentle that they are not effective. Unlike my own handmade sugar scrub, this leaves the skin feeling really fresh and clean afterwards in a wonderful "why cannot my skin feel like this always" way. The smallest amount is enough, barely a finger nail, for your whole face since it does not melt right away but allows you to exfoliate for as long as needed before washing it off. I wanted to keep on exfoliating, mainly because of the scent which was a very fresh, wake me up lemongrass one. I will definitely exfoliate in the mornings in the future! I will have to be careful with this, so I don't overexfoliate because I love the scent, the feeling of the scrub and the feeling afterwards of absolute freshness but without that horrible squeaky clean feeling that screams for moisture right away.

About reviewer (181 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairRed

10 years ago

Funny, I am about to go take a shower and stumbled across this product and am going to go use it RIGHT NOW- lol. This scrub is fantastic... it really just wakes my skin up. I use it twice a week for exfoliation and it is always a treat. When I first read the ingredients list I worried it would be harsh, but it has never once caused irritation and gives me a glow every time, plus it seems to balance out my combination skin. Highly recommend!

About reviewer (68 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBlond

EyesGreen

11 years ago

I love this scrub! It smells like fresh sliced lemon. It leaves me skin shiny & oh so soft and helps smooth it out. I put a little in my hand, add a few drops of water & then spread around scrubbing a little. I then let it set for 5-10 minutes before rinsing off. This is my favorite scrub & my skin loves it!

About reviewer (22 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

from

11 years ago

Wow! This scrub is powerful. First off, my skin is not sensitive, and when I applied this grainy, lemongrass scented scrub to my cheek, I felt a cooling sensation! I could not believe how smooth my face felt after using it. I've used many scrubs over the years, and many were totally ineffective. This one has the power to make your skin feel so smooth with just one use! I would not recommend for sensitive skin types. BUT if you're looking to shed/exfoliate, this is a great choice.

About reviewer (39 reviews)

Age44-55