Urban Decay Matte Eyeshadow in Chronic

Urban Decay Matte Eyeshadow in Chronic
Matte Eyeshadow in ChronicMatte Eyeshadow in Chronic

4.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 1/22/2016 4:04:00 AM

This eyeshadow is gorgeous, it has the most beautiful colour base. It's a chalky matte green, light in colour and has the slightest of matte sparkles (barely noticeable).

I have the palest of skin and I have green eyes, I would recommend this colour for green and brown eyes, I think it would be a bit much for blue eyes. This compliments my green eyes wonderfully.

This colour can be used to create a natural tone if you use earth browns e.g. other urban decay browns (I use the Naked on the run palette and the Oz palette in Theadora).
I also use this shade with other urban decay greens e.g. Green Goddess which is a gorgeous shimmery green, it's so hard to explain UD shades.

I got this on eBay for £6.50 and I don't regret it, it's amazing. I would not pay full price however £14, nopes.

on 12/12/2011 5:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This is a beautiful eyeshadow, the formula is smooth and buttery. It is non chalky and applies very smoothly. The color is a minty green, nicely pigmented. Urban decay says this is a matte eyeshadow, which in my opinion is not completely true. There are obvious green sparkles, which can be seen in the product, however they can not be noticed once applied and blended out.

I loveee this eyeshadow so much it's not that expensive. I ended up buying this on ebay bc i didnt want to buy a lot to get free shipping from other sites so I bought it for $8 free shipping http://newyork.craigslist.org/jsy/hab/2740239690.html

on 8/27/2010 10:49:00 AM

I just love this shadow, usually I just pack it on all over the lid and blend it out a lot until it fades in the edges. Hit it with a lot of black eyeliner and you've got a great bold, green look :)

on 5/30/2009 3:46:00 PM

This eyeshadow is fab, the texture is soooooo smooth it actually made me double check it as I thought id gotten a cream eyeshadow instead! Its lovely, very pigmented and easily blendable. Perfect green colour - only downside is it fades super quick if you dont apply a good primer / base below, but when applied over primer / base it lasts - would recommend this shade to anyone and would repurchase. Prefer these over the matte2 by Mac and thats saying something cuz I really do like those too!

on 5/28/2009 1:36:00 AM

Beautiful, vibrant, pigmented medium green color. It's completely matte but there's nothing dull or boring about it, and the texture is so smooth - just as good as MAC Matte2's if not better. I would recommend at least seeing it in person first because it's a bit of a loud color that's not for everyone.

Wow! A shade of green that doesn't make me look ruddy and/or jaundiced! I like to mix it with a sparkly gold or champagne. Try it with Midnight Cowboy Rides Again and a shimmery highlights- dazzling!

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Omgsh! This eyeshadow is like velvet! It goes on extra smooth and you want to just keep applying it! The green is a really beauitful shade, it's more on the light side of green but really vibrant not pale. It's looks like velvet too as it's matte but not powdery.
I have darker Asian skin so I waer this on the inner part of my lid or on the whole of my lid then put dark green or black in my crease or on the outer part of my lid.

on 3/5/2009 10:57:00 PM

I didn't think that this would be flattering on my dark, deep-set eyes. In the pot it looks garish but on my lids it looks stunning! I was pleasantly surprised. I'd suggest all the dark-eyed girls and even pale eyed girls(this would look GORGEOUS on blue eyes!!!) to add this to their collection. I've never seen a green eyeshadow like this- I always find lime,shimmery, neon greens or dark greens that look almost black. Never a green (a bold green) as flattering and wearable as Urban Decay's Chronic.
The texture is silky and smooth. It applies evenly and beautifully. Perfection :-D!

on 1/27/2009 2:06:00 PM

I love this color- UD has the best matte shadows out there as far as pigmentation and blendability. Chronic is a true grass green that can be layered up to an intensely vibrant. As with all matte shadows, they are so finely milled that they can come off dusty if not layered correctly- a little goes a long way, so I like to build it up with thin layers, then add a little UD Deluxe Grafitti to smooth it out. The shimmer in Grafitti is almost undectable over the Chronic, but it helps in evening and blending. Wonderful color!