Dior Diorskin Forever Extreme Wear Flawless Makeup SPF25

Dior Diorskin Forever Extreme Wear Flawless Makeup SPF25
Diorskin Forever Extreme Wear Flawless Makeup SPF25Diorskin Forever Extreme Wear Flawless Makeup SPF25

3.8

Aqua (water), Cyclopentasiloxane, Alcohol, Isododecane, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer, Acrylates Copolymer, Silica, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Phenoxyethanol, Stearic Acid, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Alumina, Aluminum Hydroxide, Parfum (Fragrance), Tetrasodium Edta, Propylene Carbonate, Linalool, Dimethicone, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Methylparaben, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, BHT, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben. ( /-: Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492-CI 77491-CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)

on 4/21/2017 7:02:00 PM

I thought I had already found my perfect foundation in Dior Skin Airflash but then I heard about this one and was really curious to see how it would fare against the spray and I personally think it's even better. I went in store to get matched up and after thinking I was definitely a shade 10 I was quite surprised I was indeed a 15 when the sales assistant tried it on my face. I was amazed at how natural it looked and the feel on my skin. Although it is a full coverage foundation it certainly doesn't feel like one as I felt like I wasn't wearing any makeup yet the coverage was even better than the Airflash spray. I had a flawless complexion without looking cakey in the slightest. It is so hard to explain the feel of it but it almost feels dry on your skin as though you know it's not going to budge. Speaking of which, when I came to remove it off my skin it required a more than normal scrub to get it off so I think it's safe to say this foundation is built to last, hence the 'extreme wear' title. The first time I used this I applied my glow maximizer underneath and although it didn't show through so well it definitely gave me a natural glow from within. It's probably good enough to wear this without even using anything else on top as the coverage is very natural looking. I only purchased this after hearing 2/3 good reviews on YouTube and I'm so glad I did now. Would definitely recommend this for someone who has usually normal to dry skin like myself. If your debating whether to buy this or not, don't bother.... just buy it and see for yourself ;)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this foundation 2 months ago now I think when I was repurchasing my mascara. It's not new but the Dior lady at the counter told me it's reformulated. I was matched on the shade 021 Linen. I am in between NC30-NC35 and found the shade match me perfectly. It doesn't oxidise on me. Here are my thoughts;

• Colour range is good. If ever in doubt get a sample which I did just to come back a week later to buy full size after wearing it for a solid week. I was meant to just wear this on a special occasions or night out because it's expensive in Australia. I think I paid about $80-90 for this. I love it so much that I wear it everyday which is not good for my wallet!

• It has a frangance. I typically stay away from anything with fragrance because it breaks me out and it makes me nauseous. But once applied on the skin, can't smell it. Didn't break me out.

• Liquid but not runny consistency.

• Applies beautifully with either a brush (patting motion) but I rather a damp sponge because I just prefer using a sponge because it's easier. I don't notice any difference with the finish or coverage with applying either of them. It's just a preference thing.

• Not full coverage. I don't think it claims to be full coverage anyway. It gives a solid medium finish. Buildable and it does so beautifully. Satin finish which I really like.

• Works amazing on my pores. It just airbrush them and the finish! OMGoodness! It just blur and erase everything on my face without it looking heavy, cakey or mask on my face. Works amazing with finelines, textures, active acne, scarring, EVERYTHING!

• I does not dry down on me. I do have to set this with some loose powder on top. The powder sits on it beautifully without altering anything on my face. I have used MUF HD loose powder, RCMA no colour powder and channel loose powder.

• It last a good 10-12hrs on me without it breaking a part/separating on my T-zone. I do have to blot and powder by 7-8hr mark depending on the day. But again, doing that doesn't alter anything on my face. It does not cake up. Something about the air-conditioning when I'm at work that makes me so oily because no issues on the weekend when I am out and about and I don't have to blot or powder. Weird!!!

• I have used this with 4 different primers and no issues. I don't have to use my Porefessional with this as it does so well on its own. I just use a normal primer like the Joeur antiblemish primer, too faced hang over Rx, smashbox photo finish primer and a Mecca Cosmetics one.

• No flashback considering it has an SPF25. Photographs beautifully.

• Packaging of course screams luxury! Pump is great!

• Price of course is in the high-end but worth every penny.

In my top 5!

on 2/26/2017 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Love this foundation. I haven't gotten any breakouts from using it, nice coverage too. Also it smells nice. A little pricey but definitely worth it.

on 2/1/2017 3:26:00 PM

I was recommended this foundation from a MUA at Sephora, she even coloured matched it to my skin tone. The staying power was great though I always found it looked a bit yellow on me. The price was a huge reason why I wouldn't repurchase.

on 1/31/2017 10:46:00 PM

I.am.literally.blown.away.by.this.product.

After disappointed with almost all of the Dior products that I have purchased, like a hopeless romantic I dived in head first buying this product. It was a paid off gamble. Everything about this product blown me away: the application, the coverage, and the finish.

I have a combination skin (slightly oily on my inner cheeks area and nose). I have tried different approaches when it comes to applying foundation to ensure that my skin still looks good after 6 hours. Even mattifying primer, smoothing primer and translucent powder don't really help with that problem. But this foundation is like the answer to my prayer.

The foundation comes with a glass bottle with pump which for me is how every single high-end foundation packaging should be. The thing about a pump is that you can control the amount of product that you want to use. The texture is creamy but not as thick as any other foundation. Two pumps are enough for the whole face and neck. I have tried different approach: one without mattifying primer and one with mattifying primer prior to applying the foundation and the one with primer extends the foundation wear a little bit longer. I use beauty blender as opposed to buffing brush because the beauty blender allows a bit sheer-er coverage. The application is fast but you have to work a bit fast since it dries down quite fast. The finish is medium coverage and semi-matte finish. I actually like it when some of my skin imperfection peek through even though I am wearing a foundation as opposed to total coverage. It does a wonderful job in evening out my redness as well some tiny post acne marks that I am having right now. I am in a shade 021 which is in between pink and yellow undertone and it is a perfect match for me.

But what really blown me away is how the foundation still look after 6-7 hours. It doesn't oxidize and my face doesn't look greasy at all. I have tried going with translucent powder and without. The results are still the same. If you want to splurge this is seriously the foundation for you.

This foundation is impossible to work with! It is so drying and cakey, it feels like a mask, even when applied with a damp beauty blender. I have combo skin and it turns oilier in the summer and I still cant wear this. It just makes my skin feel tight and look dry. It also emphasizes my pores even when it is paired up with a primer. I do not recommend this foundation it is veyr hard to work with and the price tag does not help its case. It smells really strongly like old lady's perfume and just looks bad on the skin.

This is my go to foundation and has been for a while. I find that it's really lightweight and blends really well, but the first time I bought some I was mismatched, so make sure you have the exact shade. The good thing about Dior is they're totally happy for you to try testers, and I was given some which actually lasted me about three days in a petite bottle. It does what it says on the tin but if you're using this for all day/night wear please use powder to bake, especially if you have oily skin, as my t-zone always goes shiny with this. I have had a few spots as a result of this but only because I didn't take it off properly. Do try before you buy. It's 10x better than the Star version which is more dewy. (dewier?)

on 10/3/2016 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I find Dior has great foundations, and I was pleased with this one. It has been reformulated in 2016 and has claims of pore refining and shine control. A huge plus is the fact that it contains SPF 35! I wear this in #32, which is a rosy-pink-beige tone that works for my skin tone. I found that the coverage was really good. You can get medium-to-full coverage. I use it in conjunction with the Dior Forever Primer, which is amazing as well! I didn't look oily or shiny, nor did it accentuate any dryness in my skin. The price of Dior's foundations always goes up, but I feel this is a quality foundation I would buy again!

on 9/28/2016 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Used to love this foundation, it was a trusted one I could always rely on. Great coverage, pretty long lasting and photographs nicely. But oh my god repurchased this new formula and my skin broke out SO BAD. the next day I had a cluster of angry spots on my cheeks (the sore kinds that linger for weeks) and my forehead. My skin is getting back to normal now thank god but proceed with caution if you are prone to breakouts or have sensitive skin

on 9/23/2016 12:02:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I wanted to love this foundation; everlasting, mattifying, pore refining- amazing right?! Sadly no.

As for everlasting it's hard to say when the coverage is barely medium, doesn't cover blemishes or redness, certainly doesn't refine pores. It's basically foundation for people who don't really need foundation.

My biggest bugbear is it's matte finish/ oil free formula does not prevent your skin getting oily, but if you use a mattiflying primer underneath the foundation application is rubbish, also it doesn't layer well for the same reason- both ways it just ends up streaking and doesn't blend well.

At £33 for 30ml it's pricey too, in my opinion not worth the bother.

*TIP This oxidises like a mo'fo so don't take swatches at face value, also it doesn't play well with most applicators so if you're going to buy it you might as well get their recommended sponge
Xx