Dior Diorskin Forever Extreme Wear Flawless Makeup SPF25

Dior Diorskin Forever Extreme Wear Flawless Makeup SPF25
Diorskin Forever Extreme Wear Flawless Makeup SPF25Diorskin Forever Extreme Wear Flawless Makeup SPF25

3.8

Aqua (water), Cyclopentasiloxane, Alcohol, Isododecane, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer, Acrylates Copolymer, Silica, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Phenoxyethanol, Stearic Acid, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Alumina, Aluminum Hydroxide, Parfum (Fragrance), Tetrasodium Edta, Propylene Carbonate, Linalool, Dimethicone, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Methylparaben, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, BHT, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben. ( /-: Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492-CI 77491-CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)

on 11/10/2017 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really enjoy this foundation formula. I'd say it's a medium-ish (but build-able) coverage and I have it in shade Linen 021. I think it's slightly too dark on my NC25 skin tone (I didn't notice a ridiculous amount of oxidization, but I did notice a little bit) but I don't really see another shade in the lineup that would work better. It's described as "light, warm yellow undertone". I'd definitely say this runs dark for that description. I think it'd be good for NC30/35, but typically that runs into the medium (or light-medium if I'm being generous) in terms of generic shade classifications, so I find this one pretty misleading. I also don't think there are a lot of shades lighter than this one (other undertones, yes, but not actually lighter) so that's really surprising to me.

Onto the formula - on my dry skin, this works extremely well for a long lasting foundation. I've been using the Smashbox Hydrating 15-hour wear foundation for when I want my makeup to last all damn day, but I find this one more hydrating (and slightly dewier) than the Smashbox one and the formula is lighter and not as thick (although if you're looking for higher coverage, I think the Smashbox one takes that particular trophy). Smooths out my face and doesn't accentuate any dry patches that I have. Melts into my skin as the day goes on and wears really well.

I knocked off a lippie because 1) I think the shade descriptions are too off for this and it's surprisingly difficult to figure out my shade even though I don't usually have this problem, 2) Dior tests on animals, 3) I hate that I like something that's been SO HYPED UP on youtube (lol jk.. well.. half jk).

I said I wouldn't buy this again because the shades are just too hard to figure out and I don't think there is one for me right now. If they came out with more shades (and more accurate descriptions of the final post-oxidization shade) then I would reconsider repurchasing. That being said, I'm not returning the one I have because I enjoy the finish and longevity.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Only thing i liked about this foundation was the packaging and the color range. I usually have a hard time finding the right color, as I am extremely cool toned and most foundations as of lately seem to be targeted towards warmer tones. This foundation made my skin look awful. It made it look dull and accentuated where i had little break outs. My skin is oily in T- zone but normal on cheeks. My other products that i usually use just wouldn’t blend with this foundation. Big fail.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

After waiting FOREVER (since 2011) for this wonderful foundation to add shades that will match my very fair skin (the pre-2011 versions were all too orange), DIOR finally came out with new shades! Hallelujah! Love this foundation: good coverage, good finish, long-lasting, and NOW finally it's light enough for my skin ton

Cons
- would be nice if Dior added even lighter shades
- Not very moisturizing

on 10/26/2017 2:39:00 AM

I only bought this product after Jaclyn Hill raved about it, this has to be the most disappointing product I have ever bought for $99 AUD. The stuff oxidised like crazy, left my skin dry and patchy! horrible foundation, I will be giving this away. Also smells heavily of alcohol. :(

on 8/8/2017 5:15:00 PM

I hate this ! It looks so yuck on the skin, it looked so ashy somehow even though it was the correct colour match and also it sinks into pores and texture and lines on the face so bad. I have combination skin and I expected this to look so good after reading all the reviews and seeing you tubers rave about it but this foundation looks so disgusting on me. Back to my Estée Lauder double wear. that stuff is amazing. this one however was a total fail. I can't even describe how it looked, it looked so ageing and dry and I don't even have dry skin. Such a waste of money because I can't return makeup here in Australia. I should've gotten a sample first I was just eager to try it and thought I would love it. Such a mistake.

on 9/15/2017 3:37:00 PM

Love this foundation! Good, medium coverage - looks natural, not too full on like DW does. It lasts the whole day as well. It does settle into face lines a little bit. It's a matte foundation so I wouldn't recommend using powder over it, it would just make it look dry.

on 7/25/2017 1:27:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

I do like this product a lot. It gives my skin a semi natural looking medium to full coverage with a satin finish. Last all day which is a huge plus, it doesn't break down on the oilier areas of my face even though the oil does come through after I've already been wearing it for several hours. It's easy to apply and blend and I love the packaging, so pretty!

My problem is with the shade range, I am very fair and this foundation doesn't have a decent match for me so I have to use a white mixer to make it usable for me. I have the shade 011 since it's the lightest warm toned shade (couple shades too dark for me), the neutral shades are too pink for my skintone.

Otherwise a great foundation, would repurchase and recommend.

on 4/21/2017 7:02:00 PM

I thought I had already found my perfect foundation in Dior Skin Airflash but then I heard about this one and was really curious to see how it would fare against the spray and I personally think it's even better. I went in store to get matched up and after thinking I was definitely a shade 10 I was quite surprised I was indeed a 15 when the sales assistant tried it on my face. I was amazed at how natural it looked and the feel on my skin. Although it is a full coverage foundation it certainly doesn't feel like one as I felt like I wasn't wearing any makeup yet the coverage was even better than the Airflash spray. I had a flawless complexion without looking cakey in the slightest. It is so hard to explain the feel of it but it almost feels dry on your skin as though you know it's not going to budge. Speaking of which, when I came to remove it off my skin it required a more than normal scrub to get it off so I think it's safe to say this foundation is built to last, hence the 'extreme wear' title. The first time I used this I applied my glow maximizer underneath and although it didn't show through so well it definitely gave me a natural glow from within. It's probably good enough to wear this without even using anything else on top as the coverage is very natural looking. I only purchased this after hearing 2/3 good reviews on YouTube and I'm so glad I did now. Would definitely recommend this for someone who has usually normal to dry skin like myself. If your debating whether to buy this or not, don't bother.... just buy it and see for yourself ;)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this foundation after so many people rave about it and swear by it. I really do not get the hype about this product. I tried it with different primers, set it with different powders and I just don't understand why it is so popular. I found that this foundation had zero coverage whatsoever. My Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer has more coverage than this foundation. I have oily/acne-prone skin and I expected this to cover up imperfections, keep my oil at bay and this foundation did neither of those. My redness was peeking through, my pimples were peeking through. I was just expecting more because of the price point and brand. I absolutely love the packaging and think you get a good amount of product for the price but other than that it was a terrible foundation in my opinion. Ended up returning it to Sephora.

on 8/4/2017 6:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

So there's mixed reviews on here about this foundation. Firstly, I imagine if you have dry skin you won't like it. I have oily skin and love it.

It is advertised as a medium-full coverage foundation, but I would say it was light-medium buildable. I imagine you would need a LOT of layers to get it to full coverage. But if this is what you are looking for then it's for you!

Less coverage than Estée Lauder DW. However, it has the same kind of set finish that DW has, but not as severe. So, with DW (my HG) it can separate on my nose where my pores are biggest, but when it's set it ain't budging so it can't be blended out. Diorskin Forever doesn't separate! Yay!

I feel it reduces my pore size but only optically... they are still the same size underneath. It doesn't settle into my pores which is amazing! (They are BIG!).

It is long lasting but very oily skins will still get shine through if it is hot after 4-5 hours. I have yet to find a foundation that doesn't do this though as I am very oily and this one is one of the best for me at keeping oil at bay. And it is easy to touch up.

The packaging is lovely, as expected from Dior. It has a pump! Yay again!! And it feels lovely to use. I enjoy putting this foundation on.

Only thing. (Of course there's a thing) which isn't a huge thing as long as you try some samples. It oxidises like crazy. I think for a high end foundation this shouldn't even be an issue which is why it lost a lippy on price. But if you get some samples and see how they sit after 30 mins you should be fine.

Other thing is the palest colour isn't that pale once it's oxidised. I am Beige 10 and that's the lightest shade, but I am not the palest skin (for reference DW 1N2 Ecru, Nars Deuville) and once it has oxidised it is the right shade for me. Luckily! So any very pale people will want to give this a miss.

Otherwise I love this as an alternative to DW when I don't want as much coverage.