Dior Diorskin Forever Extreme Wear Flawless Makeup SPF25

Dior Diorskin Forever Extreme Wear Flawless Makeup SPF25
Diorskin Forever Extreme Wear Flawless Makeup SPF25Diorskin Forever Extreme Wear Flawless Makeup SPF25

3.8

Aqua (water), Cyclopentasiloxane, Alcohol, Isododecane, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer, Acrylates Copolymer, Silica, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Phenoxyethanol, Stearic Acid, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Alumina, Aluminum Hydroxide, Parfum (Fragrance), Tetrasodium Edta, Propylene Carbonate, Linalool, Dimethicone, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Methylparaben, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, BHT, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben. ( /-: Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492-CI 77491-CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)

on 5/7/2018 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Dior does not make the Flawless Finish foundation anymore (satin finish) that I loved. Instead they now have the Perfect Makeup (natural finish) which is still good, but not as good as the Flawless "satin" finish. The color (021) linen is a perfect match for me and still is able to cover the minor flaws to smooth out my complexion. I have tried other brands, but either the color or the finish do not work for me. I wish they would bring back the Flawless Finish . Again I do not have to use much product since I use a great moisturizer and the product sets quickly and literally lasts all day, even in the summer - though I may have to touch up a few spots when it gets really hot out.

I really like this foundation! It is beautiful and it gives great coverage, but it's not something I'd wear everyday, and I'll explain why.

PROS:
- Great coverage
- Smells great, which is a good thing, because I can't deal with petrol-scented products on my face
- Really moisturizing
- Has a great matte finish without looking cakey or artificial
- Lasts more than 8 hours
- Makes your skin look PERFECT

CONS:
- Because it has a super great coverage and matte finish, it sometimes makes you look too "posh". Not artificial, but it doesn't look natural either. People will realize you're wearing makeup.
- It's a little too thick for my taste, but that's not Dior's fault
- It tends to make my nose pores look bigger if I wear it with a normal compact powder - so I recommend a loose translucent powder with this foundation (since the foundation is thick already, a loose powder will make the look more natural and less cakey)
- Packaging is not that good, since it's a thick foundation in a tightly sealed glass container. So the foundation tends to deposit on the bottom of the container when it's almost running out. I have opened my container (there are videos on Youtube teaching how do it safely) and now I apply the remaining foundation with a thin brush, I hate wasting expensive products!

So I can say that this is a great foundation to wear for a party or a special event, because it makes your skin look PERFECT. Not artificial, not cakey, just PERFECT. But it's not a natural look. It's extremely matte, so if you're looking for a natural glow stay away from this foundation.

on 12/26/2017 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION SO SO MUCH! It is perfect for summer and those days when you need a nice matte foundation! It is amazing. Unfortunately I live in The Netherlands so during the winter my skin becomes dryer than usual and this isn’t the perfect foundation for it. I tried using the Dior Star but it seriously isn’t as good as this baby. I can’t wait till the winter ends so I can run to the shop and get my hands on this foundation again! I am so in love and recommend it to everyone who wants a flawless skin! Even with tons of acne scars, this baby covers up everything!

on 12/4/2017 10:44:00 PM

Didn't like this foundation, or any of the other Diorskin foundations. For a high end brand, their makeup is generally pretty bad. I've broken out from the bb cream, and I don't like the Diorskin Star foundation either. The foundation feels heavy after a few hours of wear even if you set it with a translucent powder. Drugstore brands have better formulas that don't make you feel like an oil pastel that is melting in the hot sun.

on 11/10/2017 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really enjoy this foundation formula. I'd say it's a medium-ish (but build-able) coverage and I have it in shade Linen 021. I think it's slightly too dark on my NC25 skin tone (I didn't notice a ridiculous amount of oxidization, but I did notice a little bit) but I don't really see another shade in the lineup that would work better. It's described as "light, warm yellow undertone". I'd definitely say this runs dark for that description. I think it'd be good for NC30/35, but typically that runs into the medium (or light-medium if I'm being generous) in terms of generic shade classifications, so I find this one pretty misleading. I also don't think there are a lot of shades lighter than this one (other undertones, yes, but not actually lighter) so that's really surprising to me.

Onto the formula - on my dry skin, this works extremely well for a long lasting foundation. I've been using the Smashbox Hydrating 15-hour wear foundation for when I want my makeup to last all damn day, but I find this one more hydrating (and slightly dewier) than the Smashbox one and the formula is lighter and not as thick (although if you're looking for higher coverage, I think the Smashbox one takes that particular trophy). Smooths out my face and doesn't accentuate any dry patches that I have. Melts into my skin as the day goes on and wears really well.

I knocked off a lippie because 1) I think the shade descriptions are too off for this and it's surprisingly difficult to figure out my shade even though I don't usually have this problem, 2) Dior tests on animals, 3) I hate that I like something that's been SO HYPED UP on youtube (lol jk.. well.. half jk).

I said I wouldn't buy this again because the shades are just too hard to figure out and I don't think there is one for me right now. If they came out with more shades (and more accurate descriptions of the final post-oxidization shade) then I would reconsider repurchasing. That being said, I'm not returning the one I have because I enjoy the finish and longevity.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Only thing i liked about this foundation was the packaging and the color range. I usually have a hard time finding the right color, as I am extremely cool toned and most foundations as of lately seem to be targeted towards warmer tones. This foundation made my skin look awful. It made it look dull and accentuated where i had little break outs. My skin is oily in T- zone but normal on cheeks. My other products that i usually use just wouldn’t blend with this foundation. Big fail.

on 10/26/2017 2:39:00 AM

I only bought this product after Jaclyn Hill raved about it, this has to be the most disappointing product I have ever bought for $99 AUD. The stuff oxidised like crazy, left my skin dry and patchy! horrible foundation, I will be giving this away. Also smells heavily of alcohol. :(

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

After waiting FOREVER (since 2011) for this wonderful foundation to add shades that will match my very fair skin (the pre-2011 versions were all too orange), DIOR finally came out with new shades! Hallelujah! Love this foundation: good coverage, good finish, long-lasting, and NOW finally it's light enough for my skin ton

Cons
- would be nice if Dior added even lighter shades
- Not very moisturizing

on 9/15/2017 3:37:00 PM

Love this foundation! Good, medium coverage - looks natural, not too full on like DW does. It lasts the whole day as well. It does settle into face lines a little bit. It's a matte foundation so I wouldn't recommend using powder over it, it would just make it look dry.

on 8/8/2017 5:15:00 PM

I hate this ! It looks so yuck on the skin, it looked so ashy somehow even though it was the correct colour match and also it sinks into pores and texture and lines on the face so bad. I have combination skin and I expected this to look so good after reading all the reviews and seeing you tubers rave about it but this foundation looks so disgusting on me. Back to my Estée Lauder double wear. that stuff is amazing. this one however was a total fail. I can't even describe how it looked, it looked so ageing and dry and I don't even have dry skin. Such a waste of money because I can't return makeup here in Australia. I should've gotten a sample first I was just eager to try it and thought I would love it. Such a mistake.