Olay Complete All Day Moisturizer with Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15 - Sensitive

3.8

6.0% OCTINOXATE, 3.0% ZINC OXIDE. ALSO CONTAINS: WATER, GLYCERIN, ISOHEXADECANE, POLYACRYLAMIDE, C13-14 ISOPARAFFIN, LAURETH-7, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, PEG/PPG-20/20 DIMETHICONE, STEARETH-21, STEARYL ALCOHOL, SUCROSE POLYCOTTON-SEEDATE, BEHENYL ALCOHOL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, CETYL ALCOHOL, DMDM HYDANTOIN, IODOPROPYNYL BUTYLCARBAMATE, STEARETH-2, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, DISODIUM EDTA, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE, OLETH-3 ppd 2.5

I have been using this moisturiser since I was 18 and I'm now 30- over the years I have combined it in different make up and skincare routines and it has always been amazing. I add a separate high SPF in the form of biore from Japan when I go on holiday. for the price, this is amazing!

I used this in 2011, and then stopped because I started reading EWG and decided that I didn't like the ingredients in this. Then I bought it again in 2016 because Paula's Choice discontinued my favorite moisturizer with SPF and their prices have been going up so I tried to find a drugstore HG again. The main reason I bought it is that the BOTTLE IS SO CUTE.

Unfortunately, the product in it is average. The chemical sunscreen drips into my eyes by the end of the day and makes them sting. Also, I don't love the texture, which is a bit film like, I think because of either the polyacrylamide or the polyethylene ( = plastic bags).

I ended up using Cerave AM Facial Moisturizer, which has a very emollient texture, but doesn't drip in my eyes.

I still don't love that Olay uses DMDM Hydantoin as a preservative, rated poorly on EWG because it is a formaldehyde releaser and carcinogen. I also don't love the polyacrylamides, which are safe, but possibly contaminated with acrylamides, which are well know carcinogens.

But then I go ahead and use Cerave, which like Olay has Octinoxate as a chemical sunscreen, which is one of the chemical sunscreens proven to be a endocrine (hormone) disrupter. And Cerave uses Propylparaben another endocrine disrupter (and worse than other milder parabens like methylparaben).

So, in the end it comes down to: I just don't like the texture and performance. It feels cheap to me.

Please, check out my notepad for $10 referral links to Paula's Choice and a few clothing retailers.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm giving it a 2/5 because although it caused breakouts it did soften my skin in my dry spots.

I used this for 2 weeks and started to get little pimples all over my face. Which is really uncommon for me. I do breakout from stress but all is well so I realized it had to be my moisturizer.

It has a sorta generic fragrance that most sunblock has. Comes out the bottle white but applys clear and soaks into your skin rather quickly.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've used this daily for the last 20 years, it's super lightweight for a daytime lotion. It's not greasy whatsoever and doesn't leave any residue so you can easily put makeup over. Only reason I didn't give a 5 is because I wish it had more SPF in it. This isn't going to help wrinkles by any means, but it's just a perfect daily moisturizer. I have VERY acne prone skin, and this is one of the only lotions that doesn't make me break out.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have used this for years. It is great for sensitive skin that doesn't need too much moisture. Never broken me out or irritated my sensitive, yet oily skin. I will use until they stop making it. The bottle is a little dated though. Come on, olay. A screw lid? But I can't complain too much. Does what it says and doesnt break me out.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

This alone, was the culprit of one of the worst breakouts I've had in years. My skin was doing great, and I casually picked this up at my drugstore not thinking much of it but just needing a new daily spf lotion for under my makeup. My mom uses play products and loves it so I thought why not? Within days, my skin was full of blackhead and whiteheads and clogged everywhere. A few weeks later, I stopped thinking it was the fragrance in it (which is also not good) and changed to cerave's fragrance free daily am spf but it just got worse! I realize now it was the ingredients they both used for the spf, mainly the octinoxate, which sinks into pores and disrupts hormones. Horrible ingredient for sensitive, acne prone skin.

I will stick to zinc oxide from now on for spf.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This simply does such a good job at moisturizing. I carry a small trial size every time I travel and always have a few of the bigger bottles at the house on call. My whole family uses and loves this product. It is inexpensive and in my opinion just as effective as an expensive formula (I have tried so many competing brands that are just about equal to this.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have used this stuff for at least 10 years now (with the exception of that year they messed with the formula. Thankfully I had a back log of the good stuff and thankfully they went back to the original formula). I have such sensitive skin even the SPF 30 version of this I break out. But this SPF 15 Sensitive Skin is my HG. I use this every morning. No irritating smells, a sunscreen I can actual handle, moisturized my dry skin but doesn't break me out. I have turned so many people on to this. If they ever stop making this (or are dumb enough to mess with the formula again), I would be seriously lost.

FYI -If they had not messed wit the formula a few years back, the over all rating would probably be even higher. This is a major drugstore find! And my HG.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I wished this one worked for me!!! I have trouble finding facial lotions with spf that work for me but this lotion made me super oily and breakout....no matter what time of the year I tried it! I'm disappointed in this one but my skin loves the regular Olay sensitive skin and the active hydrating beauty fliud wich I stick with!!

Only lotion my face can tolerate. Have been using 10 years.