Olay Complete All Day Moisturizer SPF 15 - Sensitive

3.8

New 2019 back to older formula:Octinoxate 6, Zinc Oxide 3Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Steareth-21, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polyacrylamide, Stearyl Alcohol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Behenyl Alcohol, DMDM Hydantoin, Cetyl Alcohol, PEG/PPG-20/20 Dimethicone, Laureth-7, Steareth-2, Disodium EDTA, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Oleth-3 Phosphate, BHT, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate--------------Old 2017/2018:---6.0 OCTINOXATE, 3.0 ZINC OXIDE. ALSO CONTAINS: WATER, GLYCERIN, ISOHEXADECANE, POLYACRYLAMIDE, C13-14 ISOPARAFFIN, LAURETH-7, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, PEG/PPG-20/20 DIMETHICONE, STEARETH-21, STEARYL ALCOHOL, SUCROSE POLYCOTTON-SEEDATE, BEHENYL ALCOHOL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, CETYL ALCOHOL, DMDM HYDANTOIN, IODOPROPYNYL BUTYLCARBAMATE, STEARETH-2, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, DISODIUM EDTA, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE, OLETH-3 ppd 2.5

***UPDATE 2019*** looks like they changed the formula AGAIN. about 8 years ago, they angered their faithful customers because they changed the classic formula -- the worst part being that they swapped the zinc / octinoxate sunscreen for something else. many people hated it, including myself. after a major online backlash, they changed back to their classic formula. well, I just opened a new bottle and discovered they changed their formula again. I can see that many people are already flooding to the interwebs to complain. I was mad at first, but I decided to give it a chance. here's my assessment:

THE BAD: I think it's rotten for a tried-and-true product to be changed without warning, esp when it involves sensitive skin. they should have just launched a new lotion or something. the changes may prove problematic for some. hence, my old 5 star review has been downgraded to 3. I still like it, but it's horrible for a company to do this to their faithful customers.

THE GOOD: on paper, it might be a good change. thankfully they kept the zinc / octinoxate sunscreen, which are the only sunscreens that my sensitive skin can tolerate (esp the zinc, which has the added benefit of being soothing). they moved Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract way up in the list (note "extract" vs "juice": I believe they're the same thing just worded differently), and added Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E). the rest of the ingredients contain emollients, emulsifiers and preservatives which had already existed in the previous formulation but in a different order. the vast majority of them were listed as "best" or "good" by Paula's Choice. the only other new addition is BHT, which according to Paula's Choice is an antioxidant. they rate it as "average" but doesn't pose as a risk. I trust Paula and what they have to say about ingredients. On paper, it seems they have improved the lotion by making it more moisturizing.

They did not add fragrance, although this does smell different. I think it smells nice, like almonds. (maybe this is from the vitamin E?) the texture feels a tiny bit different, but what's important is that my face does not seem shinier or greasier than it was with the old formula. will it break me out? only time will tell. I will update if it does, but so far it has been several days and my skin seems fine. AS far as burning / itching -- I seem to be tolerating this new formula so far. I'll update if anything happens.

I have really sensitive skin that CANNOT tolerate most other types of sunscreen on my face. avobenzone, etc, all seem to make my skin really hurt, and the texture is really greasy too. because this new olay still contains zinc / octinoxate combo, I will always prefer it over the competitors.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have used this moisturizer for 8 years because acne started young for me and my grandma told me this was a good one. It seemed alright, but recently I was stuck because of a long layover and didn't have my luggage, so I had to use hand lotion on my face and couldn't use my Olay in the morning. Then, something weird happened--my skin literally cleared 50% overnight. I expected to break out horribly but I was so pleasantly surprised.

Of course, I googled why this might be, thinking it may be the sunscreen. Turns out that this moisturizer uses chemical sunscreens, which I found out break people out pretty often. I immediately went out and bought a different sunscreen with physical sunscreen (i.e. zinc oxide and titanium something) and I've had ONE pimple since then.

Long story short, I used this religiously because I know that sunscreen on your face is super important. It made my face greasy, so I thought I had crazy oily skin, and broke me out with small closed comodones and larger cystic acne as well. My makeup would break apart and separate on my face after 8-10 hours, even if I wore oil free long lasting foundations and powdered heavily, and now it looks 75% better after the same amount of time.

I am NEVER using this product EVER again. Avoid this moisturizer if you are acne prone in the very least. It's just not worth it.

I used to live by this product. Then they changed EVERYTHING about it (except the packaging). It smells terrible, no longer moisturizes, and makes my skin feel like I had a chemical burn.

This is garbage in a bottle.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This use to be my HG moisturizer no fuss and feels nice upon application but they reformulated it now with octinoxate for SPF with the zinc I react to badly. they also remove the niacinamide in the ingredients. Why? Why? Now it's so horrible and cause me to break out into little bumps mix with giant pimples. Bring it back to what it use to specially the NIACINAMIDE. So disappointed why ruin what's good.

I used this religiously for many years, when the ingredients were zinc and titanium dioxide. Then they switched to octinoxate, which I can’t use. Very disappointed.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Only drugstore product I use. I have a dermatologist prescribed face wash as well as an acne spot treatment. I mix it with my acne treatment every morning and it leaves my skin feeling very soft without being greasy. Normally moisturizers will break me out and give me some sort of rash but this has given me no adverse reaction. I have mild redness naturally that is going away with the treatment and face wash but this leaves a comfortable white cast on my face that blends in and tones down the pigment.

This used to be my HG and had been using it for 5 years with no issues at all but they reformulated and the active ingredients are now 6.0% Octinoxate, 3.0% Zinc Oxide.

I'm almost turning 30 and I have never had this many pimples in my entire life. It doesn't moisturize as my skin is still dry and it smells awful. Throwing it out.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

My skin loves this moisturizer. I've tried more expensive moisturizers, but my sensitive skin reacts negatively to most skincare. It mostly likes to be left alone. I put this on in the morning and before I go to sleep. I notice a big difference in my skin's vibrance and texture on the days I don't use it. And its only ~$10!! Amazing. I've probably gone through 4 or 5 bottles now. Highly recommend.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've used this since my early 20s, my skin's always tended to be dry but was never immune to break outs. This, with its SPF, is ideal! Moisturizing yet very light, & the price is so reasonable.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I use Clinique or La Roche-Posay SPF 20 or higher most of the time to help control a little hyperpigmentation on my face, but like Olay Complete SPF 15 for "days off".

I have reviewed the Cream version of this product and recently bought the Fluid on offer for £2.99 (around $4) for 100ml (3.5 oz).

After many years of trying numerous products I'm quite particular about what I put on my skin.
Olay Complete Sensitive SPF 15 is the only drugstore moisturiser I've found which performs as well, if not better, than many products 10 times the price. It's often recommended by dermatologists, which is a plus point for me. I also really like using classic products - they've been around a long time because they work, and this is no exception.

The Sensitive Fluid version suits my skin very well at this time of year. It's fragrance free, sinks quickly into my currently normal-dry skin, feels comfortable, and doesn't leave a white cast on my MAC C40 skin or look shiny.

From the reviews here this isn't ideal for oily or acne-prone skin, but for anyone with normal-dry skin who's looking for a high-quality moisturiser with a basic daily sunscreen at a very affordable price, I can't recommend this highly enough.