Yves Saint Laurent Paris

Yves Saint Laurent Paris

Yet again another great perfume reformulated and ruined! I'm so sick of these designer fragrance companies doing this shit! Completely watered down and none of the staying power it once had! Of course the price still remains the same! Next time I go to buy a perfume that's been around longer than 10 years I'm looking for vintage bottles if they're available! What a disappointment, shame on you YSL for destroying a wonderful lovely fragrance! Buyer beware! Not the same Paris as it used to be! 😒

I have been looking for a rose fragrance for quite some time . After research found my two best options was the very affordable "Tea Rose " and "Paris" by Yves St. Lauren. The reviews on both were great and these were the only two roses I found that were known to be lasting after application.

Tea Rose, is lovely and a great deal , but I will focus now on "Paris'" an older fragrance that is not on the shelves as much these days. It is indeed a lasting rose fragrance , slightly powdery and spicy. I find it a classic fragrance , ultra feminine , and perfect in projection. It is safe to wear around the people who while about " sensitivity " to perfumes , yet it DOES have projection . I think "Paris " is beautiful , but I am not sure a teenager would appreciate it . It smells like a refined woman and there is no vanilla or caramel or sugary fruity candy notes. I love this fragrance and feel it is worth the price of the bottle because it TRULY smells like rose with a slight amount of added spice AND it is gentle, but very lasting.

Women who love feminine classics and who might love Chanel Coco , Allure , L'Air Du Temps might enjoy it . The great thing is that I will not smell like everyone else .

on 8/3/2016 1:36:00 AM

I was looking for an old school scent to add to my collection that would remind me of the powerhouse fragrances in the early 90's that were around when I was a young teen & first got into perfume, I had memories of the smell so took a punt on the 30ml edt as I knew it was a very strong fragrance. It arrived today through strawberry net, well this did not disappoint, 5 hours later it's going strong & developed into a lovely deep floral, it's very unique, not for a young woman but more in the 30's who is self assured & stylish. Classy fragrance.

on 3/6/2015 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is just the prettiest rose and violet perfume. It makes me feel incredibly feminine and joyful when I wear it. It's very sweet and there is this slight waxy quality to it, that reminds me of an expensive floral scented lipstick in the very best possible way. Paris is a slightly bolder fragrance, but its rosiness keeps it classic. Personally, I think it's good for day or night, any season. Maybe it's my body chemistry, but I love it and it last a long time on me too!

on 12/29/2014 6:11:00 PM

An old love that never died. Although we have been seperated for years, Paris still makes me happy. I especially love the way it smells the day after on a lambswool sweater: all soft, cheerful and feminine. Paris is an outgoing but not cloying rose scent. I guess i will always have a bottle. Which is beautiful by the way.

on 12/29/2014 5:48:00 AM

It would be hard to find a fragrance more bubbly and joyous than YSL Paris. Yes, it is a mighty potent rose/violet combo that brings to mind perfumed face powders and lipsticks from more glamorous times (before "hypoallergenic" was a term). But, I simply love this stuff and have actually killed off half of a 2.5-ounce bottle of EDT, which is really saying something considering how many perfumes I own! There are times I need the mood-lifting properties of this olfactory rendition of dawn at the Arc D'Triomphe.

Beautiful, elegant, but easily too loud if oversprayed. Vintage version is best (box is black and pink, not primarily pink). The reformulation now being sold isn't bad, but it smells a bit hairspray-ish and muted compared to the original.

on 12/15/2014 6:17:00 PM

I lived in this in the eighties. I ran out an purchased it when it first came out. It is a rose scent yet has a mystery to it. Very feminine. If you want to feel soft and lovely wear this. Men love this scent. I have not worn this in quite a long time and miss it. I have never failed on receiving a compliment on this beautiful fragrance. Oh and the bottle is pretty .

on 11/20/2014 5:30:00 PM

Floral fragrances and especially huge floral fragrances are at the very opposite of my fragrance range, considering my unchanged love of leather, smoke, amber, woods and dry spices notes (read Black, Knize Ten, Habanita, Histoire d'Eau and so on). I don't ever wear any properly floral perfume. And I don't like pink. ....Except for Paris! I cannot explain it at all but this enormous sparkling rose is completely addictive. It is so huge and shameless that it makes me laugh in awe at its indecent explosion of rose and violet notes every time I open the bottle. So every time I feel too dark or it is too grey and rainy outside, I bring in Paris. And the sky starts to rain pink Swarovski crystals! Indecent, loud and sparkling. Bring on the champagne!

on 4/3/2014 3:30:00 PM

Paris = Roses+ Powder + Hints of Violet. It says it has orange (and a bunch of other stuff too) but I can't smell it. On the sweet side but subdued enough not to induce a headache. I wouldn't wear it every day but I would miss it if it weren't in my wardrobe.

This is my favourite perfume that I have tried so far, I love the scent of roses

Popular Fragrances