OPI Boris & Natasha

OPI Boris & Natasha
Boris & NatashaBoris & Natasha

4.3

My first ever OPI nail polish circa 2009, and my all time favourites. This was the polish I wore when my (then boyfriend, now husband) proposed. The dark nails contrasted beautifully with the ring - a happy coincidence. This is my go to polish if I want something dark and elegant.

OPI calls it a "raisin" colour that makes it feel "grandma" and "boring", but it's really neither. It's not so dark that it could be mistaken for black under any lighting (here's looking at you OPI Lincoln Park after dark), but I see it as a robust combination of magenta and burgundy. I absolutely got a spare bottle of this one!

on 3/19/2015 12:57:00 PM

This is one of my ALL-TIME FAVORITE POLISHES!! It is the perfect dark burgundy-raisiny-plum, nothing else looks quite like it.

I find that I need to use three coats to get it perfectly opaque, but it dries to a beautiful creamy, shiny finish and looks gorgeous on the nail.

Love, love, love this one!

Of course I'd buy it again. Recommended!

on 7/13/2011 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Another favourite. Although this leans towards the cooler end of the colour spectrum (and with my pale skin, warmer colours probably look best) I still like wearing this shade. I need to apply several coats to get an even result, otherwise it tends to look 'patchy' and that spoils the overall effect. Very glamorous and grown-up looking; reminds me of a good claret on a chilly autumn night ....

on 10/6/2011 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Boris & Natasha is the perfect shade if you love raisin/deep plummy wine shades & comes from Opi's Russian collection which I find to be one of their best collections ever. Oxblood has been the popular color to hit the fashion runways from clothes to cosmetics these past few seasons & is becoming even more popular! Oxblood is considered to resemble burgundy, but has more purple & darker brown hues. Boris & Natasha is a deepened, rich oxblood crème color & is supremely stunning & a color that's here to stay as it reigns supreme on the fall fashion runways. I consider a collection to be great if I end up purchasing more than half of the lacquers in their usual collection of 12. I bought 10 from this collection which speaks volumes b/c there's only 2 other collections that hold that title & the Russian collection is one of them. Boris & Natasha & OPI's MRS OLEARYS BBQ are what I'd consider cousins. I love MRS OLEARYS BBQ from the ever popular Chicago Collection. I'd describe the difference in cousins this way; Boris & Natasha has browner undertones, but still comes off a deep, rich wine plum. MOBBQ comes off a shade more deep plum, w/ a pinker undertone. In the bottle the two can look very similar, although in the sunlight the bottles are a shade off of each other, one leaning toward brown; the other toward deep wine/plum. It really depends on my mood when choosing between these two shades, but again, if you're a raisin girl & love the raisin/deep plummy/wine family, then both of these shades are the ones to purchase b/c they're different enough to be worth the purchase, esp. if you're an OPI fan like myself. Although I thought I'd like MOLBBQ better b/c I like berry undertones, but I like Boris & Natasha a tad more. I think it looks perfect against my skin tone & I don't say that often. I can wear this shade whether my skin is pale or tan from the summer. I know this & MOLBBQ are the perfect autumn shades, but I think these shades can be worn well & beautifully all yr long! Perfect on pale & tan skin tones. I'm also a girl that's highly particular about the polish that I put on my toes b/c I like my hands more than I like my feet. If I like a shade on my toes & it makes me think that my feet look pretty enough to walk around the house barefoot, then that's my true test. These shades both passed the finger & toe test! That's hard to do w/ me as it's usually one or the other, but typically not both! I know I'm quirky, but we all have our piccadillos....so on to Boris & Natasha. I only apply two coats after using OPI's natural base coat b/c three coats is too dark for my preference & loses the berry undertones. It also is a dream to apply as is the case w/ OPI lacquers majority of the time. I'm also sold on the catchy name, Boris & Natasha. It was a win/win for me as the shade was a standout in the collection along w/ Vodka & Caviar. OPI nailed it w/ Boris & Natasha. If you're a girl that not only likes the raisin/deep plummy/wine color family & is also a lover of creme polishes then go no further! I know there's a lot of girls out there that find creme polishes to be blah & somewhat boring, but I find creme polishes to be quite the contrary. I look at creme polishes as the MERCEDES of nail lacquer finishes. Creme polishes have a very elegant & sophisticated look to me. I find that a creme polish really, pardon the play on words, but I can't find a better adjective, but really "polishes" or completes a woman's ensemble. It takes a woman's ensemble whether she's wearing jeans to an elegant cocktail dress & completes the outfit making it more polished, more elegant, more stylish. I use the word, woman when I explain creme polishes b/c I find creme polishes to be the chic & sophisticated style in the nail lacquer world. Creme polishes have always reigned supreme in the fashion world & that's what decides what styles & trends that are going to take place every season. The expression, "Less is more" definitely applies to creme polishes. Creme polishes make a lasting impression w/out having to add glitter & glitz to be trendy & relevant. Creme polishes are a constant in a sea of ever changing world of fashion fads & fizzles. Creme polishes are here to stay b/c they're a timeless classic, like Marilyn Monroe, or those elegant Hollywood starlets that once adorned the screen. All the glamorous starlets wore creme polishes too & when I think of elegance, I think of old Hollywood, when Marilyn Monroe was larger than life in gorgeous gowns, heels, long elegant creme polish nails wrapped around a martini or a gorgeous patent leather purse! All this being said, being a girl that does like change sometimes, depending on the day there are times I do like a really gorgeous shimmer, pearly, or glitter styled lacquer so I don't just wear creme polishes. I appreciate all lacquer styles, but I tend to always go back to my beloved cremes. I guess that's b/c I feel sophisticated & confident when I wear cremes & life's hard enough these days so why not have a little bit of Marilyn's elegance, beauty & grace in me daily?! Whatever makes you happy in life. I also feel Audrey Hepburnish when I wear creme polishes too esp. in the raisin family b/c Audrey was a unique fashion & beauty icon & wore creme shades that expanded past the typical red cremes.

on 10/5/2014 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm on my second bottle of this polish because it's so good! I'm usually not brave enough to wear this on my fingers but I love it on my toes. Very deep purple/plum that looks great for fall!

Omgosh! I really love n adore it! - finally i can wear :)-. Wow!!!--- With silver glitter n all :)- pinky for that :)--!!! Really old but nice overall :)- u really have to put a lot on to color show better ! Does color bleed ! !---

on 3/21/2010 9:25:00 PM

Deep maroon creme, with a definite plummy undertone. You'll need two coats for the best coverage. I think I'd like this color even more if it were a titch lighter and brighter. It's very similar to China Glaze's VII in terms of depth and hue, but Boris & Natasha is a touch more plum (VII is more on the brown side) and thus, slightly more vibrant against my skin. But honestly, they're SO close that if you have one, you don't need the other. Overall, I like this color, though I'm not sure about a repurchase.

on 5/31/2011 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Another great shade from OPI. Boris & Natasha is what I would classify as a deep plum with a slight brown undertone. Deep enough to be a perfect fall color, and application is mindless. This wears well, and would flatter just about any skintone. It's a cream finish which makes it ultra classy, and because it's a medium to deep shade, it keeps it ultra classy and what I would consider a timeless shade. This is one I'll definitely be using often in the fall.

I LOVE this deep plum shade. It's one I can't stop looking at, just one of those colours that makes my nails look fantastic, and not a common shade. I love these dark berry colours :)

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is one of my favorite OPI colors. First off I LOVE ROCKY AND BULLWINKLE and I laugh everytime I think of the name of this product because it almost matches the coloring that cartoon used for their characteres of the same name. I Think its a wonderful alternative red or black nails in the winter! LOVE LOVE LOVE! Cream finishes are my favorite!

Popular Polishes