3.9

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 years ago

I've been using this for 10+years. It is the best for fine curls. Very moisturizing without weighing hair down.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Fair

HairRed

1.0

3 years ago

This is the worst shampoo I have ever used. I read on here that it has new packaging and it might have been reformulated so I'm not sure if the original version was better. This version has ruined my hair. I have curly, frizzy naturally blonde hair that is on the finer side. I have A LOT of hair so I usually like to find shampoos that are creamier and gentler to smooth everything down. This shampoo, even though it's creamy and claims to make your hair sleek and smooth, is SO HARSH. It literally feels like it's stripping all of the oils/life essence out of my hair. I've used clarifying shampoos gentler than this! Every time I use this shampoo I'm left with a clump of hair in my hands. After two weeks it feels like I lost half of my hair and the texture is brittle and wispy. Curse you Matrix!

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Curly, Fine

EyesGreen

4 years ago

This is now reformulated (I think, or just repackaged) into the Mega Sleek. There's no spot for that but since this one has pretty much turned into that, I'm just going to put this here. I don't know how different the ingredients are, but they seem to change them quite often but keep them relatively similar so... For what it's worth, it's just ok to me. I have wavy course hair and I don't have the conditioner in this line, but I do have some reaaaallly good deep conditioners instead. I bought this during a litter sale because of some good recommendations and it's fine, I'll use it, but I didn't have that great 'first shampoo' feel you usually get with a new one. Maybe, but I can't recall anything spectacular. Anyway I wouldn't get it again. I honestly like my Suave with shea a loott more, and that's like $2. But even if it was a similar price point, this is just ok. Not bad, but not amazing for my hair personally. Update: The more I use this, the more disappointed I am. I really wish I didn't have the litter. I feel like it's very drying and I might not finish it.

About reviewer (703 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairOther, Wavy, Coarse

5 years ago

I am still very much on the fence about this. I like it, but it's nothing extraordinary. I find the Suave version of this much more hydrating for my wavy, coarse, and thick hair. This just seems more drying to my hair personally. It's pricey and for that I would not buy it again. I do like the conditioner that goes with this though.

About reviewer (1214 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

5 years ago

OMG! I luv this stuff along with the conditioner. I have fine curly hair and it makes it smooth and soft without weighing it down! I blow dry straight then curl ( lots if heat and work)Trust me i have tried them all even top of the line stuff and this with the conditioner is the best!!!

About reviewer (271 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

6 years ago

I have used this product for a long time, and i loved the smell of it, it really made my hair sleek shinny and tangle free. It feels very slippery. (I have black asian hair uncolored) on the down side this shampoo weigh my hair down and flat. I couldn't figure out why i woke up in the middle of the night to scratch my itchy scalp all the time. Then i finally realized that it was the shampoo that has way too much silicone. I had to stop using it.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

6 years ago

It seemed to me like your average shampoo. I had nice clean hair after using but really nothing extraordinary. I didn't notice any damage repair or anything like that. This is probably with someone who has straight and healthy hair already. One thing is for certain it's Suave brand imitation works better!!!! It's what prompted me to try this. I thought to myself "Wow the cheap version works this good, how great must the name brand work?" Go figure the Suave smoothing shampoo is about three bucks and is a five star product; smooth, shiny, and manageable hair.

About reviewer (513 reviews)

SkinOther, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

7 years ago

This was my HG shampoo for a very long time and I highly recommend it for anyone with dull or damaged hair as it provides what others fail to: moisture! This is free of any proteins which end up breaking hair and helps make hair smooth and manageable. I've been buying this one for years and will continue to use it alongside higher end products such as Kerastase.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinOily, Olive

EyesHazel

7 years ago

I absolutely adore this product I highly recommend it to everyone! Go and purchase this! It's amazing!

About reviewer (105 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinVery Oily, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

2.0

7 years ago

After wasting my money on drugstore shampoo that makes you believe it will rescue your damaged, dry, frizzy hair, but turns out it's just going to make your hair in worse condition, I decided to go to my hair dresser. She told me to try this out, and she said it should help my dry and damaged, unruly hair and bring it back to life again. I bought into that, and after using this I saw no results! So I wasted $35 on this shampoo which only has a few good qualities about it. For one, it has a very good smell to it and it's not a greasy feeling texture or anything horrible like that. It's simple to wash out, but really, that's all I can really say was the postive things!

About reviewer (6 reviews)

AgeUnder 18