Tarte Natural Beauty Cheek Stain

Tarte Natural Beauty Cheek Stain
Natural Beauty Cheek StainTarte Natural BeautyNatural Beauty Cheek Stain

4.3

Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Castor Oil Laurate, Candelilla Cera, Cera Carnauba, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Rice Bran Wax, Glyceryl Oleate, Trihydroxystearin, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Euterpea Oleraceaa Fruit Extract, Lyceum Chinense (Goji Berry) Fruit Extract, Punica Graanatum Extract, Ribes Rubrum Fruit Extract, Rubus Villosus Fruit Extract, Vaccinium Macrocarpon Fruit Extract, Parfum/Fragrance (Natural), Caprylyl Glycol. ( /-): Carmine (CI 75470), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the only blush I have used for 6 years. I may never even bother trying something new. It give great color and a slightly dewy finish. Looks innocent and natural.

on 9/11/2015 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

tarte's classic, I'm finally trying it after sampling some other tarte products, having given up literally all my traditional make-up due to severe allergic reactions. I have only tried this once, just tonight, but really like it! It goes on smoothly and even has a nice scent that I'm relieved to say fades (I'm sensitive to scents, so this one did not originate from a bad source but it is still a scent and it goes away within 30 minutes). The berry red shade fades well to a berry pink that's a flattering "me but better" flush. I tried Josie Maran's watermelon gelee a year ago and I assume that was sorta based on this and I prefer this formula: it glides on better while the gelee got caught in my acne scars making me look like I had red dots allover my cheeks. I'm glad that apparently only that gel blush formula behaves that way. Worth it and I'm a tartlette, definitely.

on 3/24/2014 5:14:00 PM

This is hands down the best piece of makeup I own right now and I have EVERYTHING!
I use this to mimic the freshly sun kissed rosy face. I noticed when I was on vacation in Mexico that the guys had the best sun kissed look beccause they don't really care about spf on their face and they don't wear make up. Make up can make your face look to even. I took mental note of where the guys were rosy from the sun and I use this to mimic that. It looks absolutely natural and my face glows.

on 3/16/2014 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Great little extra on your makeup stash...I've recommended this product to friends and they love it . Worth the price it's original and can be used on your lips as well as your cheeks

on 4/10/2012 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Thank you MUA'ers for introducing me to the most amazeballs blush! If you want naturally pretty looking cheeks and a blush that doesn't irritate your skin, AND stays put all day, this is the way to go! I'm glad a little goes a long way too so I'm not upset about the price because it's worth it! My other blushes have been forgotten and I only use them when I play make up with friends because I hide the good stuff lol. But yes! Tarte cheekstains are absolutely wonderful! I tried it as a lip stain. Don't do it! Cause the taste is bleaagh. But this wasn't designed as a cheek/lip stain so I wasnt surprised when my experiment failed.

Oh and how I apply this is with a foundation brush. I dont wear liquid foundation anymore so I tried my brush just by dabbing it onto the blush, then just sweeping the brush from the apples of my cheeks and curve it upwards. Hope that last part made sense! But yeah it leaves an even color to both cheeks as I sometimes get pigment happy with my fingers and one cheek has waay more color than the other. And the resulting color isn't overwhelming but the blush is buildable! I'm just a natural make up kind of girl, not quite ready to make bold statements with make up yet since I just got into it this year! Hehe.

on 4/10/2012 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I LOVE a cheek stain as it's so transparent and holds onto the skin thereby having longevity in it's wearability. It's a great "blush" to use on bare skin (moisturized) as it appers so natural as if it is a flush of natural rosiness. It also maintains it's color and "holds on" all day w/out fading. I also like it over a sheer foundation or tinted moisturizer as once again it looks so natural. The amount of the product in comparison to how little one needs to get the proper payoff makes this item last forever before repurchasing. I like to apply it with a wedge shaped sponge and will actually pick up the color w/the sponge as opposed to using it directly from packaging to skin or even using fingers for deposit, though you can use these two other application methods, but still blended w/a sponge. I apply it to the apples of the cheek and along the cheekbone to the ear. I like it at the temples moving up toward the forehead above eyebrows and swept over the bridge of the nose, chin and jawline. I even like it applied to the eyecrease blending up to the brow. It's just an amazing color and texture, never looking dry or flat, but looking as if it is part of your skin. Highly Recommended.

on 4/5/2012 4:40:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Wow, I'm surprised by how much I like this! I am in general a fan of cream or gel blush formulations anyway, because I find them easy to work with and quick to put on when I just want to get out the door. I decided to try this one based on a glowing recommendation from a girl with similar colouring to mine on another forum. I am so happy I did!

The formula feels sticky when first touched, but for me, after I blended it out on my cheeks, it did not stay sticky. I applied by touching the product with my finger and transferring it to my face that way (not by tapping the whole stick against my cheek). I wonder if the stickiness other reviewers commented on comes from the amount of product applied? It felt fairly weightless for me and gave a nice, just in from the cold type of flush to the cheek. It's a colour unlike any of the others I already own, which is a huge plus for me. The product is very expensive but gosh, it's just so big I don't even know WHEN I would need to repurchase! I guess we'll see. I really like this, though. I can see it becoming my go-to everyday blush.

on 2/28/2012 7:59:00 PM

I love this stuff, can't believe I haven't reviewed it. It is a bit expensive - but a little goes a long way and the tube contains a lot of product. It's firm so you rub some off the tube and then blend it into your skin. I LOVE IT. I love how it looks and I love that it helps keep my skin moist. Also love that it's a natural product. HIGHLY recommend and it comes in many shades. try it !

on 1/20/2012 9:14:00 AM

I don't understand the hype. I'm 36, Asian, NC40, with good skin which can get oily by midday. This product is very greasy and difficult to blend. It feels like you used your lip balm on your cheeks! While the product looks highly pigmented, you need to apply several strokes to get the desired effect. Not recommended for those who prefer a matte look, but I'm trying this soon at the beach where dewy probably looks better. Wish it were better-smelling too. Very disappointed.

on 12/16/2011 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I cannot even express how much I love this product. I've never been a big fan of cream blushes, I've never really been able to figure out how to work them, never found the right color, etc. This product is SO fantastic. It's easy to work with, easy to blend, looks wonderful, lasts ALL day (even on my super oily skin). I am really, seriously blown away by this. I just swirl my ring finger over the top of the product, dab it on both cheeks and blend it out with a flat top brush - sometimes I'll add just a bit more to the apples of my cheeks. The does give the perfect just in from the snow, just got an amazing kiss, post coital flush that everyone else has described. I got a really good price for it on eBay but I honestly think I'd not hesitate to pay full price for it, I love it that much. Great, great product.

Popular Blush Products