Les Parfums de Rosine Rose de Rosine

Les Parfums de Rosine Rose de Rosine

3.8

on 1/30/2013 5:07:00 PM

I have had this fragrance for over 8 years now and have bought over. It is delicious but not super sweet and can be worn all year round and works well with my body chemistry. The smell of fresh roses but not your typical grandma's perfume.

on 7/28/2011 6:46:00 AM

Ouf... I like most Rosines, but this one just does not work for me. It smells like old-fashioned floral soap and gets up my nose. Many do like it though, it's probably a question of personal chemistry. for me it is a "Pass".

To Read all 49 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

La Rose de Rosine is heaven in a bottle for me. I know, it's not for everyone and I can clearly see that some may dislike it because it's a bit of an old-fashioned creation. That's in turn exactly the reason why I love it so much, its old world femininity, grace and elegance. Although the combination of green top notes, slightly candied florals and a warm base of tonka and woods doesn't exactly sound exciting, the quality of this perfume is superb, it's an extremely well-blended composition with a very good staying power. It's also equally adequate for day or evening wear. One of the very few perfume must-haves, from my point of view.

on 11/23/2010 2:12:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

A tart, sweet rose with a candy edge. It gets a little soapy on me at midpoint, but it's still quite lovely. Really liking this one. Rose tends to lay on my skin and do nothing at all, but this one sparkles.

on 7/28/2010 4:54:00 AM

I love this scent! Roses, violets, lily of the valley, tonka, what's not to love? I used to feel this way about Paris (YSL), but Paris seems to have been reformulated and much of the richness left out. La Rose de Rosine is a perfect rose and multi-floral for me, and I enjoy the oriental dry-down as much as the opening notes. I agree that it can have a short skin-life, and as a very pale blonde with dry skin it didn't at first last well on me. Then I read a suggestion for increasing perfume longevity, which said that if you massage a little oil (I use jojoba oil) into your pulse points before spraying on the perfume, the scent will last much longer. I tried it and it did! From one hour to four hours, actually! I do this with all my perfumes now.

on 4/17/2010 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Wonderous if you are looking for a rose - it felt like I felt smack in the middle of a garden of them without a hint of anything else.

While I like this fragrance, I'd like it a lot more if the scent lasted on my skin longer than 1/2 hour. Someone here mentioned the scent lasting on her for 6 hours; I'd love to know her secret. It's like my bottle is filled with water w/a few drops of scent added. Since I paid quite a bit for this, I don't want to just shelve it w/my other mistakes.
EDIT: Well, I've found a way to have this fragrance last longer, but it's a pretty pricey solution. Dab Regina Harris Frankinsense, Myrhh, Rose Maroc on pulse points, cleavage, then spray on the Rosine. It makes the fragrance last longer along with contributing a mysterious, haunting, complex aura.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

As a hardcore Rose fragrance addict, I was very disappointed that this scent smells more like sugared violets with a very sweet rosiness to me. Does not work well with my chemistry and is just way too... sweet. I like my rose scents cut with a bit of spice or earth or something, but this just does not work.

on 5/10/2008 12:47:00 PM

This is a nice example of the violet-rose theme, which can often get too sweet and cloying for me. While I like Frederic Malle Lipstick Rose and Bond No. 9 Broadway Nite, they often go in that direction. La Rose de Rosine is sweet, too, but not excessively so. It's a modernized version of Caron's 1916 N'Aimez Que Moi: The rose and violet notes are drier and pared-down, not as lush and creamy, and the base is vanilla and tonka rather than woods and amber. I prefer N'Aimez, but La Rose is a nice alternative for when I'm not feeling particularly nostalgic.

on 4/4/2008 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Tooth-grindingly sweet, like those big sugar crystals you put on cookies, and more violet than rose.

Popular Fragrances