T. LeClerc Loose Powder in Tilleul

No Image

3.2

I must say I was initially skeptical about this powder when the SA at Bergdorf's put some on me. Talk about surprised! This is the best powder I've ever used! I have extremely fair, pale skin with mild rosacea and pink undertones, and this powder used over my usual foundation (Chanel Mat Lumiere in Porcellain, Bobbi Brown Skin in Alabaster) makes my complexion look radiant. Like a model's in an ad. People compliment me when I'm using this powder. I can't say enough good things about it, and I'll definitely be repurchasing it.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I hope I am not going to sound too critical of this powder because it definitely is good quality stuff and I can gather from other reviews that some girls love it. As far as I am concerned, it has been a waste of ( a lot of) money.
I explain :The trouble with green tinted concealers is that they are so good at hiding redness that they can't be used by people who are not PERMANENTLY red. Because in beetween blushes they will end up looking like corpses !!! The complexion looks literally lifeless.
Of course, I have tried to use very little to avoid that, but then it is no use at all (when I DO get red, My face is crimson !).
The SA to whom I complained said it is meant to be used under another powder in a shade of beige, but I doubt two coats of powder would look natural, plus I have sensitive/dry skin.
Anyway, a cream or stick concealer is so much more easy to apply and carry around.
You can give it a try ( ask for a sample) if you have a permanently slightly rosy complexion though.

on 10/30/2004 5:04:00 PM

I have a mild case of Rosacea and this powder saved my life! It really neutralized all the redness on my face to give it a very soft & polished look. This is a must for all girls who wants to get rid of red undertone from their face! The texture of T. LeClerc powder if wonderful- light weight and very finely milled. The only thing I would complain is that it doesn't do a very good job at controlling oil. However, I would still repurchase over and over again because it doesn't break me out.

on 12/19/2004 3:44:00 PM

I really like this loose powder. It's very lightweight and does a marvelous job providing a delicate matte finish after the application of sunscreen - for example DERMAdoctor Body Guard. It also does a nice job of toning the redness from my mild rosacea complexion. I use it as is without any other flesh colored powder on top. It's so light, that I don't have to worry about looking "green" when I apply it alone without any other concealer or foundation. I use a very large brush to apply it.

The packaging is somewhat challenging. You initially run the risk of dumping half of the product out when you take off the lid. When I receive a new package, I do the following to reduce material loss: 1. GINGERLY take off the lid over a kleenex which can catch any material you might spill. 2. Remove the screen and pour out about 1/4 - 1/3 of the product into a seperate, clean container and seal it. Then, replace the screen with it and the powder at a bit of an angle. Now, you run less of a risk of dumping the contents every time you open the package. You can dip your brush into the portion that is the lowest sitting in the package. When you've used a sufficient amount of the product, place the unused product back into the original packaging.

This is a pricey product - but it lasts for a very long time. That's my reason for only giving it four lippies. A considerably less expensive alternative is Physician's Formula ULTRA GENTLE Face Powder in Gentle Green. It's available in a compact. The consistency is far less delicate. Furthermore, the ingredients are NOT remotely the same.

on 3/30/2006 1:30:00 AM

This is my HG loose powder! And that means a lot to me since I don't use foundation unless absolutely necessary.

At first, I thought all loose powders were equal and couldn't figure out why some cost so ridiculously expensive. But I was tired of the cheap one I used to have, as it seemed to get clumpy and make my dry skin look even drier. I was in search for a good powder and had been hearing raves about T. LeClerc's happend on a sale. Powders were selling at half-price so I decided it was the opportunity to try out this very pricey powder for myself.

The MA recommended Tilleul to tone the pinkish areas of my face so I went ahead and got it, despite the weird green color. Well, I'm so glad I did because I really do love it! It goes on very finely with a powder brush, and doesn't look green on my face at all! The pinkishness has toned down and the powder leaves a very lovely, glowy finish on my face. Beautiful!!!

My only regret is not buying two tins while it was on sale. Will definitely repurchase!

i'm not sure whether i like this or not, i dont put it all over my face because it just makes me look like a ghost unless i put on a very sheer amount, as the green is a very pale (VERY PALE) minty green colour - which is just pointless for colour correcting on a light basis; but saying that it like to load it on over my nose and any blemishes with a shader brush and that removes all of the redness. this is great when i do have blemishes and dont want to put liquid make up on them and irritate them, this powder over a spot kills the redness and doesnt irritate, plus the powder is sterile which is a bonus. i know everyone hates the packaging, but so far for me have had no spillages - you just have to be careful the first couple of weeks while theres a lot of product there (the pot is far to pretty to decant from).

on 5/21/2003 5:08:00 PM

So far I really like this powder. I use this as the first thing in my makeup routine (after moisturizers) to tone down any redness or unevenness. It makes my face look flawless and ready for makeup, or sometimes I just dust this one and glide on some lipbalm and go out the door.

I would never use this as a setting powder on top of my makeup though, only under as a nutralizer. $45 a jar, it's expensive but it will definetely last a long time.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

*sigh* This is possibly the Worse Cosmetic Purchase of my life. Not only is it killer expensive, it is also killer useless. I was wearing Chanel DPF when I bought this, just on a whim because EVERYONE was raving about TLC's 'magical' loose powders.....Bad skin period, therefore was a bit pimply, and the SA recommended this green powder. I didn't question her wisdom, which turns out to be the bane of my existence since it proved MY stupidity..... This powder is fine. As in, fine texture, and that is the only good quality about it! It did NOTHING for my complexion except to make me seem fairer!!!! I haven't enough redness after foundation to make do of its red-reducing qualities. Anyway, if any SA recommends you this....FLY AWAY. Unless you do have a tomato-face, I don't see how this could help you.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

It is an odd powder in an odd color. The packaging is terrible; I plan on dumping about half of out next time so I am prepared for it again. I've found that my face must be freshly made-up and my powder brush must be clean. It doesn't work for touch ups. But it sets my foundation beautifully, and is perfect for a PPP. Once you hit the right shade, it is completely natural looking, and doesn't break me out at all.

on 12/29/2003 3:06:00 PM

So, I had heard about this company from a friend. Happened to be in Paris and went to get a sample of Banane and Tilleul. Banane is a great powder, but I already have a highlighter. Tilleul is awesome. My face is definitely red in tone (thanks, Mom) and the green powder helps tone it down. A little loose powder goes a long way. Just don't put too much on or your face will look too, too pale. The sifter in the powder container helps with the amount going on the brush. And, I normally don't use powder, but this kills two birds with one stone. The price doesn't bother me a bit ($45). It lasts a really long time. Highly recommend it and I'll buy more when I run out.