OPI Russian Navy

4.5

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

OPI polishes are my all time favorite...and out of all the colors I love, I must admit this is my absolute favorite. I can't recall how many times I have repurchased this color. I always get lots of compliments on it, and whenever I compliment someone's mani, this is what they are wearing. I wear it in their regular polish and also their soak off gel...with, of course the gel color's benefit of extra shine. This color is dark navy, but in the light, you can see small violet sparkles in the frosting. If you like to do unusual manis, this polish looks great, and makes an excellent base for that. Looks great on any length and shape of nail. I hope they NEVER discontinue this shade!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This one was a Fail. In the bottle, the polish looks lush and violet-ized. On the nail, just dark blue. Nothing special, and not flattering on me. The formula is thin and floody, and two manis later I still have stains on the skin along the sides of my nails.

To Read all 297 Reviews, Login or Join

Over my 300 colors this is the one I receive most compliments. I wear it in the fall and winter months. Very stunning shiney navy color with specks of red and purple. In the dark it looks almost black. Not immature but a bit classy. Applies like a dream 2 coats is all you need. In love with this color and one of the best of all! Got to get it!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have worn OPI for many, many years and have been disappointed only a few times. I adore this and just about any very dark OPI nail polish and rarely have I had any issue with chipping. Until now. Normally I get a bit of tip wear when wearing dark colors, Russian Navy, on my nails begins to chip on the pinky and index finger with a day. That said, I love the subtle shimmer this navy manifests and I love the way this looks against my fair skin. I don't care for the chipping and have yet to figure out what about this particular color/formula that is causing the issue. I will still wear this very classic elegant yet on trend midnight blue but will make sure I always have the bottle on me to touch up chips.

To be fair, I don't own this color but had my nails done at the salon. Very pretty deep dark blue with fine reddish sparkles in the light. Suits my fair pink toned skin well.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Stains, even with 2 layers of basecoat. Takes ages to dry. The color is quite sheer, so it needs three coats to get it looking even.

I wasn't thrilled by the color. On my very fair yellow-undertoned skin, Russian Navy has a muted ashy feel that looks dull and boring. Maybe it suits pink-toned skin better? Anyway, if you're similar to me a vibrant navy blue like Essie Style Cartel looks richer and more exciting. Its a smooth creme finish with great pigmentation, almost a one-coater.

I bought Russian Navy some days ago, and I already knew it was going to be a great purchase. I was right: it is a blue based polish with super, super fine blue shimmer and bigger red shimmer, which gives it some interesting sparkle. The blue shimmer is so fine that the polish almost glows. I've noticed that, even if this blue based polish seems almost black when it's not hit by light, even in low lighting it doesn't look totally black, just because the blue shimmer gives it a diffused, glowing look. It is opaque in two coats and dries normally. It looks amazing with fair skin (but also with darker skintones of course).

I bought this and OPI Light My Sapphire around the same time and over the years, I reach for Light My Sapphire far more often. Both are deep, shimmery blues, but Russian Navy is a little bit lighter and more purple -- less versatile than the moodier, greyer LMS. Great staying power like most OPI polishes, however.

$8.49 at Ulta.

I'm currently wearing this color and was just thinking about how much I love it! This is in my top 5 favorite opi polishes....and that's saying a lot since I am a nail technician and my salon uses primarily opi for regular polishes. I've gotten so many compliments over the years when wearing this shade... Usually the question is "what is that color?" It's the perfect deep navy and the shimmer only adds to the beauty!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have been after this color for a while but did not want to spend 8.50 but let me tell you it's worth every penny. I got it on sale at Sally's for 2.50 Will definitely be replacing it even if I have to pay full price. This color is beautiful in some lights it looks blue and some purple. I literally can't stop looking at my nails I love love love it!

Popular Polishes