MAC Pro Lipstick - Show Orchid

MAC Pro Lipstick - Show Orchid

4.7

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I did not think I needed another "Pink" but obviously happily wrong. This is definitely not easily duped so worth the purchase. Bare in mind I have Mac Candy Yum Yum,Flat out Fabulous, Girl Amplified, Pink Pigeon,Up the Amp,just to name a few Pinks.Have about 10 Pinks all together as that is my favorite color and automatically adds youth and vitality to your face.This is a blue based pink with low key shimmer. Its quite lovely for those over 35 yrs old without being obnoxious or looking like you are trying to be a Teen. Depending on how you layer(opaque) is work appropriate as well.I get compliments from all age groups and sexes when wearing.Work with quite a few pink NYX or MAC lip pencils. Moisturizing and last long,forgiving to lines in lips or dry lips.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Gorgeous vivid bright fuschia pink it's amazing wow!!! Prior to purchasing this I was going to get girl about town but after seeing this online I had to have it what drew me was it's blue and purple shimmer it is simply eye catching and more striking then Gat imo love it and so glad I got it. For reference I am nc15 with blonde hair and green eyes I think this would look lovely on most skin types. Go get it now!!!

One of my old time fave amplifieds.
Can't go wrong with bright hot pink plus a bit of shimmer.

Out of all 9 mac shades I currently own this is by far my favourite. Such a flattering pink shade despite how bright it is. Couldn't love this product more

on 11/27/2015 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Yeah! LOVE this lipstick! It was my second MAC tube, the first was Lady Danger, and I still wear both. I'm not a pink gal, but in the summer I wear this with a bare face, a top knot, and boom - I look bangin' with no effort! It is a gorgeous deep fuschia - love the formula, and I have bought this tube three times so far. It's not a Barbie pink, but something a lady can wear for a little fun without looking cheap. I am 36 and I think I can pull it off way better than a chalky pastel pink. MAC knows what's up when it comes to lipsticks, and I have never been led astray.

They're affordable (sorta), the finishes are all great, and the pigments leave nothing to want for. I'm a die hard MAC lipstick gal and always will be!

And for the person who said Ruby Woo can't be duped, uh - I can think of FOUR off the top of my head! That I own! Because I'm crazy and can't stop buying reds! They are Wet n Wild Stoplight Red, Nars Dragon Girl, YSL Rouge Rock, and Revlon Really Red. Just in case you want a drugstore dupe or have one of the aforementioned, they are all like, exactly the same! Really Red pulls a little more orange but it is super close. I would think that Show Orchid is a little harder to dupe because the depth of the purple in it - a lot of drugstore pinks can see like they go either pink or purple. As somebody with 50+ lipsticks, I feel like I sorta know what I'm saying but I could totally be wrong! :)

SUPER hot color, very glam, great for going out! Definite HG for girls night out with that little black dress...

on 5/9/2015 2:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Show orchid is a very cool, blue-based fuschia that manages to be wearable despite being bright. It's a great spring or summer colour. For reference I'm NC25 with very dark hair (currently with blue hues) and I find it flattering for day and night wear. I'd love to use this on a fair blonde too.

Unfortunately it's not very long lasting, perhaps 2-4 hours without eating. It looks a bit purpley and luminescent in the bullet and applies smoothly to an almost opaque finish that's slightly pearly. It's slippery for a MAC lipstick which means it glides on easily and can be built up for more opaque coverage with a second thin layer. The 'amplified' formula tends to be more vivid and workable, and probably my favourite of the MAC finishes because I find them slightly hydrating. I suffer dry lips but this doesn't accentuate the problem. The only downer is the short Longevity compared to the recent influx of long lasting formulas, but I admit those are usually drying so I'd prefer to stick with this and touch up as needed.

Nice color but these hot pinks are made by every company out there so no need to pay 16.00 for something easily dupeable. I think the only mac lipsticks that cant be duped are ruby woo, vg III, smoked purple, sin and fleshpot. Ive found dupes for just about everything else including myth and i do mean an exact dupe by nyc its a matte beige looks just like myth.

on 3/17/2015 4:37:00 AM

Show Orchid - I know I am onto a good thing with you! If like me you love the idea of a bright lipstick but being fair you have to be careful with choosing your brights as they tend to wash you right out or look overly harsh this could just be the lippie for you.

For reference I am reasonably fair, have green eyes and blonde hair and I have to say this lipstick is a winner for me either worn on its own or layered over a lighter lipstick for a more toned down version of itself. I wear it more often like this as an everyday lipstick, loving the iridescent under-tones and go for the full impact for a night out. - full impact = bright pink with a hint of the undertone.

The shade is actually quite mesmerizing to look at as it is a fuchsia-magenta pink that looks to have an iridescent violet-blue under-tone almost holographic looking. This formula is very easy to apply evenly and smoothly straight from the bullet, comfortable to wear, lasts for hours and wears off to a stain. (doesn't come off in gloopy bits - I can't stand that in a lipstick).

As I mostly wear this brushed over a base lipstick its likely to last me a long while yet but I'll certainly be eyeing up a new one when this one has bitten the dust.

on 3/16/2015 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

If you are looking for a bright fuchsia-pink, this is it baby. A bright pink with blueish undertones, looks so fab when applied. I never in my wildest dreams, thought would ever wear such a bright shade. I started experimented with medium colors before graduating to this bright color. Before this shade or GAB was a nude lippie girl. Love love love this color. Now my nude lippies are being ignored :( As always these MAC don't stay staying power.