NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder - Taupe/Ash

NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder - Taupe/Ash
image 1image 2image 3image 4

4.5

Talc, Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Titanium Dioxide, Magnesium Silicate, Mineral Oil, 2-Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Polybutylene, Silicone Oil, Propyl Paraben, Methyl Paraben. MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxide Black, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Ultramarine Blue, Iron Oxide Yellow, Iron Oxide Red, FD&C Red 40 Al Lake, Manganese Violet, Carmine.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

The shades of this are good because they're cooler toned. However I find the elf brow kit to be far superior and it is cheaper and even includes a mirror while this one does not. I also do not like the wax formula in this because it is too shiny and slippery. But if you need cooler tones for powder this one is worth looking into.

I am really not getting on with this product. I am going to try using it with an angled brush and if it still won't work for me am going to toss it! I find the brush in the kit too fiddly and the wax really oily. Really wanted this to be the replacement for my beloved Smashbox Brow a tech powder and wax but it was not to be.

To Read all 93 Reviews, Login or Join

Great product! It is easy to apply, long wearing, and it has good value. I can make natural or deeper look with this. There is no need to buy angled brush because the mini brush there is already good! I have MAC one but i reach for this mini brush more. I apply the wax with my finger so i don't ruin my brush. It can also fill in the areas where there is no hair at all and it still stays put.

on 10/17/2015 6:12:00 PM

I have lost count how many times i've bought pencil after pencil/ gels and then abandon the whole idea after 3 days. This is the first item i've used something on my brows that I literally love, is budget friendly, easily accessible in any drug store with beautifully natural results. NYX knocked it out of the park with this one !! It's a Must have for anyone who overplucked in their youth or is just down for some brow love, + multiple Shades that actually make sense !

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am going go buy the Blonde (lightest) NYX brow kit at my earliest convenience becoz I've had the NYX brunette/brown kit which is now too dark (I have medium to light brown hair well I did "then" & brunette no longer matches me that great so I picked up Ash/Taupe coz I have had 2 sets of blonde highlights since I got the brunette so I figured I needed to invest in something lighter but durrr me this still is sort of dark a bit. I can't fault NYX for my mistake). I wore Medium in ELF's brow kit but I recently bought ELF Light kit also which is nice. I prefer ELF's kit to this. 1 lippie off for packaging coz the brush is too stiff/wide. I like the ELF kit because it is a softer texture, lasts better/longer on oily skin, the packaging/brush is better, better more natural colors, & ELF kit costs $3 when the NYX is $5.99 at target!! NYX makes many a fine product but if ur looking for a good brow kit I rec'd ELF.

on 9/16/2015 2:34:00 PM

I'm unfortunately late in realizing the difference filling your brows in makes. I just turned 24 in July and have probably been filling my brows now for around 5-6 months. The first product I purchased was Revlon Brow Fantasy, just to try it out. Unsatisfied, but glad I got my feet wet, I discovered this product when the CVS in my town started selling NYX. I cannot even begin to express how happy I am with this product. I use it every single day because I am now at the point that even when I don't wear makeup (which is pretty often), filling my brows goes a long way in making me feel alive/put together looking. I watched a YouTube tutorial which I think helped a little, but might not be necessary. It does a great job at giving a natural looking bold brow. I pretty much live for running & working out and I can attest that somehow, throughout my bucket pour of sweat, this stuff doesn't seem to budge? I'm baffled by it daily. I will repurchase this over and over.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Always find myself reaching for this product. perfect ashy colours. and great price. highly recommend.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is an amazing brow product. My hair is bleached blonde, but naturally a light ash brown and my brows are that color but a little darker. This is a perfect product to use for blonde or light brown hair. The cake has 2 shades and I like to mix them, using the darker one on the outer brow near my temples and the lighter on the inner brow. The little brush is super firm and although I have an angled brush and another brow brush, this works great in a pinch if you don't want to go searching for one. The wax and the wax wand help hold your brows in place. Just a word of advice for you oily skinned people like me: a little of this wax goes a LONG way. If you apply too much it turns into a shiny, vaseline type consistency once it warms up on my skin. DO NOT OVERDO on the wax!
Absolutely great product. They knocked it out of the park.

on 5/22/2015 4:43:00 PM

I bought the urban Decay version of this and it was awful. It looked ashy and I kept having to dip my brush into the powder with every stroke. That was around 30 dollars I believe and then I heard about this one which is obviously way cheaper and works better. I don't like the gel and I don't use the brush that came with it but I do use the spooly which is very convenient.

The packaging leaves a lot to be desired; the clasp to open is on the side instead of the front, so it is awkward to open. The wax is too hard for me, I prefer a softer wax so that it applies more smoothly to the hairs. I find the darker colour leans red, so it is better if you have red undertones in your hair. The lighter ash colour has a better tone (more brown) but is so light that it goes undetected on me. I like the feel of the powders, they are creamy and don't have fallout which is nice.

I tried using these powders with a wet brush and found that more effective. I'll keep using it until I find a better alternative. It's not the best but can be manipulated to look good.

Popular Brows Products