Mario Badescu Oil Free moisturizer

2.8

Triethanolamine

on 7/12/2016 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This moisturizer looks slick and shiny when you apply to clean skin, but after about 10 minutes, it completely sinks in and leaves you with a velvety finish. It's not luminous nor matte. Great base for makeup because it's very thin and fully absorbs. Like the SPF factor as well.

on 5/20/2016 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

First of all, I have moderate acne. It's not cystic or severe - but still, acne. I have now realized that moisturizers wont remove my acne in any way, so I am just looking for a moisturizer that feels good and well - moisturizes my face. So, in other words, my expectations wasn't that big. And I feel like this did absolutely nothing... I'm currently using 10% benzoylperoxid on my face which is very irritating and drying. This sure helps a bit, but those small, small pieces of skin is still there and I just feel like any moisturizer would do the same thing as this for the same price. The packaging - the little plastic thingy that's on all MB products I thought was great in the beginning, but now it's just hard to get out the product and it squirts everywhere...
I'm not going to buy this again, and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone because you can find cheaper products that does the same job or a better job.

To Read all 47 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Meh, it is alright. I prefer Murad's oil free moisturizer.

It is kind-of hard to get product out of the tube and if you get this in your eyes--ouchie!

on 10/31/2015 8:00:00 AM

i love the cute little bottle it came in but it was hard to squeeze out after a while of usage. i used this for a few weeks, the consistency was thick but spreadable. slowly i realised i was starting to break out so i stopped using this and my skin was back to normal. after putting this on my face, i feel like there's a thin film on my face, which can be irritating for some

on 7/2/2015 10:53:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I never have much to say about moisturizer because it's very difficult to tell how a moisturizer is helping your skin beyond the molecular level.

Pros:
-leaves skin feeling refreshed
-nice scent
-perfect spf amount
-frangrance-free

Cons:
-leaves a film on the face for a few hours after application

on 12/8/2013 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I do like this as I think it is hydrating enough for winter time without being too greasy . It has a nice light but creamy consistency and spreads well on the skin. In general, I do like Mario Badescu products, but this didn't wow me and I agree that it sits on the skin if you do not warm it up between your hands first. I prefer my Trader Joe's Daily Moisturizer with SPF to this.

on 8/17/2012 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

this review is for the oil free moisturizer WITH spf. i do not like this at all. i have oily t zone, dry cheeks-so combo face. this is difficult to spread and doesn't absorb very well. feels like a greasy film sitting on TOP of my face. i gave it a 2 because it did not break me out. will not repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Have been using this for a few weeks and am not totally sure about it.
I think I need to give it more time.
I love Mario Badescu through and through and every product I've used of theirs has does what it claimed; and actually this product does what it claims too, but I feel it's not really HG.

Packaging > love how the top flips up, I think it's kind of cool! I like the medical look of MB products. This packaging is hygenic.

Price > I think its a pretty decent price even though it is fucking overpriced in australia. but $30ish isnt too bad.

It has no scent. and I can't believe this has given people break outs! I have super super oily skin (but no real pimples or acne - just a gross oil feeling). And using this is insane, it definitely does not clog pores at all. There is no shine and oil on my face all day! I usually need blotting papers but actually now i think about it, it does keep my oil in check.

I think I am after my HG and i grabbed this when i was in an inbetween rut so I am judging it more harshly than I should be. It does all it claimed, however I think it require more moisture & I worry about the lack of SPF for the AU sun..

I don't feel for a moisturiser that it moisturises enough. I feel it keeps my pores unclogged and my face less oily. If anything this feels like a make up primer? Similar in consistency to smashbox primer.

This product is a good inbetweener for you oily faces like me!! but the search continues..

I'm giving this a 4 cause this does what it claimed, but in my heart i feel it more as a 3!

Will give an update after using this for a while.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I am actually writing here because I was frustrated after reading the reviews. People seem to be reviewing the oil free moisturizers WITH SPF. There is an oil free moisturizer WITHOUT SPF. There is a big difference between these products. The products WITH SPF have different ingredients that lead them to be more pore clogging. HOWEVER, if you read the ingredients for the oil free moisturizer WITHOUT SPF, they are not pore clogging. In fact I looked at each one and compared it to a list of comedogenic ingredients. NONE of the ingredients in the oil free moisturizer WITHOUT SPF are over a 2 in comedogencity. So now I'm just unsure of buying the product because the reviews on this site are misleading.

on 1/20/2011 5:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I really wanted to like this moisturizer, it left my skin feeling quite soft and smooth, similar consistency to some make-up primers I have used, it does feel like it just sits on top of the skin as a barrier. But Mario Badescu how you have failed with this product! In my search for a new moisturiser a sales assistant recommended this 'basic moisturiser' for me and promised it would help balance my skin. I used this for over a month and my skin got progressively worse and worse, and I'm on the pill and this product was still making me breakout into huge deep pimples on my cheeks, I was mortified. Finally I stopped using this moisturiser and switched to jojoba oil, and what do you know, my skin has started healing up. Do NOT recommend, my skin has never reacted as badly to a product as this one!