no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

8 years ago

This grew on me. At first I thought it was maybe a bit too sweet, but after repeated wearings, it began to get comfortable, like the scent equivalent of breaking in a pair of jeans. It's not dramatic or sexy, but it is sensual. A nice fragrance to put on before sleeping, just to enjoy on your own.

About reviewer (120 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

2.0

8 years ago

Cereal, milk, apple, and vanilla sounds like it would be so dreamy and comforting, but Lann-Ael is very pale, musky, and clean smelling on me for some reason. The scent does smell milky, but just a tiny bit sweet (and not really sweet enough for me), and mostly just smells like a very clean, slightly powdery skin musk scent. It has a 'clean skin fresh out of a shower' feel, with just a hint of milky, sweet vanilla. It doesn't sound like it would be bad, but something about it gives me a headache, like there's a strong muskiness here that's not agreeing with me. I could see this being pretty on someone else, but it's not for me.

About reviewer (268 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOther, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

1.0

8 years ago

Sweet, creamy, fruity, cheap vanilla. Fruit loops. Ick. Too synthetic smelling. Smells like a Comptoir Sud Pacifique scent.

About reviewer (40 reviews)

Age36-43

HairBlond

EyesBlue

9 years ago

I've been wanting to try this scent for a while based off the notes listed on Luckyscent: Buckwheat, other cereals, whiffs of milk, apple and vanilla. Now, when it said buckwheat and cereals, I thought it would be something grainy... maybe like oatmeal... maybe not unlike Bois Farine. I didn't realize that it really meant Fruit Loops in milk. The initial blast for me is a lemon poundcake. It's sweet and definitely gourmand, but just on the safe side of sickly. Sugar bomb celebrity scents (With Love, Curious) are the loud brash trashy cousins to this scent. The initial impression is also a softer version of the JR Watkins Lemon Cream lotion which has a huge sillage that screams: LEMON COOKIES! As the lemon goes away, the Fruit Loops milk comes forward. This is the sweetened pink milk left at the bottom of the bowl after you have scarfed the rainbow rings. Lann-Ael isn't alone in looking to this milk as a source of inspiration. The pastry chef at Momofuku's Milk Bar in NYC has worked "cereal milk" into an ice cream. (And she doesn't mean Kashi cereal--she's using the same High Sugar Mass Market bad for you cereal element that Lann Ael is.) In the end, it's not the sugar that scares me off, it's the mildly artificial note that keeps making me think of processed food. I don't want to put that in my body, and it turns out, I don't want to smell like that either.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

EyesBrown

9 years ago

Warm, creamy, cookies/oatmeal to me, quite one-dimensional. Lovely to sniff but too foody as a perfume, for my liking. It lasted a few hours on me, which is not bad for an EDT. If you're into gourmands, give it a try.

About reviewer (811 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

2.0

9 years ago

This does not work on me at all. I get the initial comforting foody notes but then it rapidly turns into a paper smell on my skin. Unfortunately it lasts a while on me.

About reviewer (53 reviews)

Age44-55

HairBrunette

EyesBrown

9 years ago

I ordered a sample of this from luckyscent.com and upon initial application, I thought wow this is a really nice yummy comfort scent.....cereal, milk, vanilla, a little fruit and then it hit me like a ton of bricks - This perfume smells so very similar to the dry down in chocolovers by aquolina. Yes, chocolovers has a little more "cocoa puff" smell as oppose to plain cereal but the two are too similar for me to own both. You can order chocolvers from many etailers for very cheap as well. Also, Lann-ael does not last very long on the skin at all. I am still giving this a 4 because it does smell very good!

About reviewer (88 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesGreen

9 years ago

Lann-Ael, you almost made me cry. First because of the miraculous beauty of your soft apple, fluffy vanilla, light hay and cozy cereal and then because of your weak weak weak lasting power and boring Nesquik drydown.

About reviewer (571 reviews)

HairRed

EyesHazel

9 years ago

I posted this review elsewhere, also... I obsessed over this for almost 2 weeks, but couldn't justify the purchase. My little brother got me a 8ml decant for Christmas. It came today! Sniffing the bottle, I was disappointed. It was...metallic. I spritzed once on my wrist, and out came sweet vanilla, crisp apple, and something like butter cookies, baked to a golden brown. The metallic note was still there, but faded after a few minutes...along with the whole rest of the fragrance. This is SO FAINT. After 10 minutes, pressing my nose into my wrist brings me a *barely detectable* whiff of vanilla and brown butter. To get any enjoyment out of this, I'd have to reapply it all day, and with an $85 price tag, that just ain't happenin'. It's really a lovely fragrance, but it's longevity is Not At All.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Tan, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Kinky, Medium

EyesBlack

from

9 years ago

Lostmarc'h is a small niche perfume and toiletry maker in Brittany. According to the website, Lostmarc'h is the Breton name for the last beach in continental Europe (what the Romans considered Land's End), and Lann-Ael is Breton for angel heath. The notes according to Lostmarc'h are buckwheat, 'other cereals', apples, milk, and vanilla. The notes according to me are, in order; egg nog- probably due to the alcohol which evaporates pretty quickly, milk-soaked fruity breakfast cereal (or fruity breakfast cereal-soaked milk? Others before me have pointed this out and they are spot-on), and A&W cream soda. This is an extremely gourmand fragrance. The vanilla is very reminiscent of another vanilla, the one in État Libre d'Orange Vraie Blonde. Whichever vanilla this is, it's a wee bit too synthetic and foody for my tastes, although the synthetic nature of the note sort of prevents this from being as edible as it's trying to be. I have to give the company credit for creating a perfume that smells like such bizarre and un-perfumey things, but ultimately the vanilla drydown is giving me a headache. I could see liking this in passing, on someone else. Unfortunately, when you have to live with the entire life of the fragrance, a disappointing and cloying to the point of nausea finish is a deal-breaker.

About reviewer (81 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Cool