Nature's Gate Henna shine enhancing conditioner

No Image

3.4

Not tested on animals

on 7/6/2012 2:24:00 AM

This is one of the best conditioners I've ever used, and I am VERY picky with my conditioners. It does unfortunately leave a considerable amount of residue around the roots which is unwelcome during warm/humid months, but this seems to wash away easily when shampooing (as opposed to building up over time). I used this for a few years, but stopped when I suspected it was giving my hair an unwanted reddish tint. I'm not sure that the conditioner was the culprit, however, because prior to being brunette/black haired, I was dying my hair red for over 2 years. The problem seemed to go away after discontinuing this, but it may have just coincided with a lot of the underlying red pigment washing out. This product worked so well for me, however, that I may give it another try just to know for sure whether it was making it reddish.

on 3/13/2009 10:28:00 PM

I think this works great, and provides a lot of moisture and shine, without weighing it down. Good stuff.

on 12/28/2008 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This was ok for my hair, but it still made it very soft and not too frizzy. Has a cloying cherry scent and contains henna, though there should not be any adverse color change, just shine. You get a pretty decent sized bottle of it too. I like that it has some natural ingredients and costs about five bucks. It doesn't weigh my hair down, which is nice.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I hate the smell of this, I found it very cloying and the effect of the conditioner was somewhat stiff and drying. I also tried the Jojoba and that was even more drying and also stiff. No silicones, which is wonderful, but I'm staying from natural hair care, they just don't deliver. And there are silicone free choices (not many) in the mainstream that do better.

on 8/13/2007 10:06:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I have gone through quite a few conditioners this past year to find something that did not dry out my hair or make it feel greasy (from silicones). This works perfect for me. It is silicone and paraben free. Contains glycerin and safflower oil, henna and herbal extracts. I have only been using for a couple weeks so don't really notice high shine from this. It does hydrate my hair and leave it feeling soft and not weighed down. Has a pleasant fragrance.

Popular Conditioners