TRESemme Smooth & Silky Shampoo for Dry or Brittle Hair

TRESemme Smooth & Silky Shampoo for Dry or Brittle Hair

3.3

Water , Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Cocamidopropyl Betaine , Sodium Chloride , Dimethiconol , Fragrance , Glycerin , Carbomer , Styrene , Acrylates Copolymer , Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride , TEA-Dodecylbenzenesulfonate , Citric Acid , Glycol Distearate , Biotin , Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil , Hydrolyzed Silk , Ascorbic Acid , Tocopheryl Acetate , Panthenol , Niacinamide , Cocamide MEA , Tetrasodium EDTA , DMDM Hydantoin , PEG-45M , PPG-9 , Polysorbate 20 , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone , Mica (CI 77019) , Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I actually really like this shampoo. The general consensus seems to be that it sucks though. So perhaps the reason *I* like it is due to my niche specific hairtype. Your mileage may vary.

Background on my hair: Bleached & toned, olaplex treated, waist length, fine in texture - thick in quantity, most shampoos strip the hell out of it. Moisturizing formulas included.

If your hair hates silicone, don't touch this. In fact the only reason I purchased it was due to the high silicone content. It has more silicone than a Pantene Anti Breakage shampoo. Dimethicone is 5th on the list, I don't typically see them until the 7th ingredient or so in shampoos.

If your hair prefers natural oils, again don't touch this. The argan oil they advertise for it is nearly nonexistent in the formula. It's towards the end of the ingredient list. THIS is how companies like Tresemme and Pantene keep prices dirt cheap. The ingredients are nothing fancy.

I tried the sulfate free route for about a year. Some shampoos were better than others. But when it comes down to it..my hair's #1 requirement in shampoo seems to be a high silicone content. It can play nicely with sulfates as long as there's silicone to coat it. I actually learned this by accident when I had forgotten my $$$$ shampoo behind while house-sitting. Up until then I had pretty much given up on cheap drugstore shampoos after being disappointed by brands like SheaMoisture. (Editing to add: SheaMoisture is sulfate free/silicone free and a lot of ethnic hairtypes LOVE it. So if your hair doesn't respond to silicone or sulfates well, try that brand.)

I was left with very nice, soft hair after using this. The reason I'm only awarding 4 lippies is due to my preference for the Pantene. Being completely honest - the Pantene doesn't even have a better ingredient list. It's moreso performance between the two. Tresemme seems to clean better, but the Pantene seems to add in more conditioning.

on 3/12/2016 5:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This made my scalp itch. I've never had that happen with a shampoo before. My mom had the same thing happen when she used it. It smelled nice and was very affordable. However, a liter of shampoo at that price makes me think its probably cheap quality.

To Read all 88 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/12/2015 10:51:00 PM

No no and no!!!!! I've used this for a few years and always had an itchy scalp it took a long time to realize this was the cause. I'm not talking itchy im talking scalp attack itchy I was all day long at work at the nail salon cooking etc just itching away like I had lice or scalp mites it was so bad I bought a thick hair grease and used it to the point where my hair looked like an oil slick so one day I looked up reviews on this product and I read a lot on itching and scalp issues due to the tresemme so I purchased garnier shampoo and haven't had an itch since. This product is absolute garbage.

on 4/14/2015 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I used many many argan oil shampoos and this by far is the second worst. it is not bad but it was rather drying as if there was no argan oil in it. I had to add an extra moisterizer to the conitioner to combat the dryness.

on 4/11/2015 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I've been buying this over and over again for the past 3 years or so. I really enjoy it and always go back to it. I assume there's something in there that technically isn't as good as high end salons, but I've tried several salon brands in the $20 and my hair never felt as good as this. I should use a heat protector, but I use heat almost every day and my hair is still great. I've had many stylists touch my hair and asked them about the condition of my hair and they ALL say it's healthy, and you think they would like to sell product to me? I don't get build up, nor does it make my hair flat. It also does not make my hair fall out, something a lot of inexpensive shampoos do for me including Pantene. I also enjoy the conditioner very much for the same reasons and it's the best thing I can find right now to shave with.

on 4/2/2015 8:34:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Similar to most SLS based shampoos, with the exception that it contains a significant amount of argan oil & silk amino acids, however, I'm a bit dubious of how much of this actually gets washed out as it's a very foamy shampoo. But it does smell great & and of course comes in the trademark mega sized bottle making it very affordable. I've tried most of the Tresemme line and I'm most impressed with the Silky Smooth shampoo & especially the conditioner.

on 3/26/2015 3:46:00 PM

Wasn't impressed. My hair felt far from smooth and silky after using this with the matching conditioner and I have very healthy hair. After I dried my hair it was unmanageable and tangled easily. I will not repurchase.

I've used every kind of shampoo and conditioner out there. Low end stuff to high end empty the bank account stuff. These treasures should be up there with the high end products. My hair is dull, coarse, color treated, bleached ends, split ends. Literally a brillo pad... I walk by hairdressers and they have their scissors at the ready... A nightmare. I started using this because hey, why not? Well, I am glad I did. My hair is silky smooth and it shines! Shines! Did, I say it shines?! I wash my hair every other day or every third day and it's still soft and shiny on the third day! I have a dry scalp so oil really isn't an issue with me.

You may need to use a clarifying shampoo once a month or so because of build up. But you should really do that anyway if you use a lot of products. But this is my new love. I wash my hair at night and braid it before bed. The next day it dries wavy and bouncy... I am in love!

one time I used it and loved it then another time I used it and hated it...

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm