Vivienne Westwood Let It Rock

Vivienne Westwood Let It Rock

3.9

on 3/7/2012 4:29:00 PM

This scent made me feel nauseous. It's very strong, smelt like an old lady scent. Very heavy, overpowering, can definately smell the patchouli.Despite the packaging and title of the perfume, I think it'd suit older ladies. I can't imagine many people under 30 would like it.

On a positive note, the dry-down [I mean the day after you've sprayed it] isn't SO bad but still not great imo. You can shop around and get this cheap at a lot of places but even discounted I don't think it's worth it.

on 12/17/2011 12:17:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this perfume blind, as I couldn't find a tester in any shops...when I first sprayed it, I was disappointed, it smelt like old ladies! However, within five minutes this perfume smelt divine! It dries to a very floral, but quite sophisticated scent.
I use it as a daytime perfume and I am always getting compliments on it. I love how not many people wear it as it's quite difficult to find and I love how people don't immediately know which perfume it is.
This perfume was also a bargain, I picked it up on the cheap smells website for less than 20 for a 50ml bottle! I will definitely purchase it again, I've been wearing it everyday since i bought it!
My only issue is the bottle...I think the bottle is cute and fab, but it doesn't match the scent at all! The bottle suggests that the scent is young and fresh...whereas I would say that the scent is quite mature and luxurious, not really for a teen!
Overall, I would recommend this perfume, I think it's gorgeous...but I think it definitely isn't a scent that will suit everyone.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like this perfume! It's light from the bergamot yet heavy from spices, its not too overpowering and its well rounded. Haven't smelled anything like this before. Cute bottle too!

on 3/15/2011 12:20:00 PM

My new love! I encourage anyone who is curious about this one, see if you can find it and give it a shot! And definitely try it on your skin. I was not so sure at first -- there was a strong, licorice-y smell initially but this tones itself down after a matter of minutes into pure deliciousness. Sweet smoky and rich. Rather unusual. And excellent lasting power. Not something I could wear every day, but when I'm in the mood for something more interesting than my day to day 'safe' perfumes it ROCKS. My man seems to find it quite alluring too.

It seems this fragrance isn't terribly popular. I had a hard time finding it to try it on, but after I decided I needed it I was able to score it for just less than 30 bucks (shipping included) on ebay.

on 4/3/2010 3:49:00 PM

Bought this recently on ebay as it was only 20 for the 50ml gift set inc 200ml lotion.Its like nothing ive smelt before very unique and flamboyant could imagine lady gaga wearing this fragrance.would say that this is very feminine musky & sexy.Love the packaging!!

on 3/12/2010 4:10:00 PM

Well, this is certainly an interesting one. At first spray I was overwhelmed by an smell that reminded of those cheap little tree-shaped air fresheners found in mini cabs everywhere. Like a blast of cheap and nasty aldehydes used in products that exist only to cover the nastiest of odours, rather than to make anthing actually smell nice. After maybe 45 minutes this subsided somewhat and I got the aroma of lozenges as described by other reviewers - not a 'bad' smell to me, but not something I'd really want to wear. It wasn't until the next day when putting my scarf on that I caught a whiff of some lovely aroma I didn't recognise. It took a couple of minutes before I could even work out what it was and then I recalled my unsatisfactory run in with Let it Rock the previous day and realised that it was the residue of that! Well it was a surprise to me given my initial negative reaction to it. It was good enough that I had to have another shot at testing it. Sadly on the second wearing I found my experience exactly the same as the first time - pretty unpleasant. Sadly there's not much I enjoy about this fragrance except in the (very) long drydown. I can only assume from the many positive reviews I've read of this scent (on mua and elsewhere) that others must experience these lovely soft floral notes I get from it the next day at a much earlier point than I do so I've given it a 3. Definitely not for me though.

on 8/8/2009 11:04:00 AM

Beautiful. I can detect most of the individual notes in this, the bergamot, the mandarin, the jasmin, even a hint of patchouli. This is so much more than just an amber fragrance. I have liked many amber fragrances, especially the one mentioned below, Ambre Precieux, but never found them wearable. Let it Rock is a very wearable amber fragrance. I purchased this unsniffed based on reviews here and elsewhere, and I am not the least bit disappointed. This is a very feminine fragrance, but not overly sweet. Not too spicy or too woody. Not too perfumey. Just a beautiful blend. I *love* the way I smell right now.

This is a great fragrance but unfortunately the packaging doesn't do it justice. Personally I wouldn't like to smell it on a young girl and I can't figure out why they put it in such an unsophisticated girlish package. It's mature and sophisticated so if you're over 30 don't be fooled by the ugliness of the bottle and give it a try. Chances are you'll end up buying it!

Hello ?!

why are there only 3 (!!!) reviews ?

This fragrance is special.

And i am almost a fragrance authist ... i smelled all the fragrances out there from Serge Lutens, Dior, Chanel, Lancme, Ferragamo, Cacharel, DKNY, Guerlain, Herms, Elizabeth Arden, Dyptique, Comptoir Sud Pacifique, Viktor&Rolf ... YOU NAME IT. I guess peoples fragrances in the subway o.O

HOWEVER : ive fallen in love with this Vivienne Westwood Creation .. i smell amber (best amber i eveeeeeeeeer smelled - i dont like amber AT ALL actually) , jasmine (MY facourite smell), myrrhe (sexy, smokey ... but only a bit) and an austrian soda called "Almdudler" (with herbs and lemon).

Great.

I feel like a grown up "free-spirit". And very british.

I love fragrances giving me a certain feeling in no time ...

TRY IT !

on 9/26/2008 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I love this. It rocks alright. I am a big fan of amber but not straight up. I like a little something mixed with it. This has a very special little something that lifts it soaring. I always loved Ambre Precieux by MPG but thought it a little dull and masculine in the dry down. The amber drydown in Let it Rock is creamy, nutty, caramelly smoothness with a drop of patchouli resulting in a 'muskiness' that is as close-fitting and sexy as a Vivienne Westwood corset in kid-leather and lace (in the 70s she changed the name of her London shop from 'Let It Rock' to 'Sex', where her biggest customers were the Sex Pistols). This has crisp woods and on me this is a more feminine version of Ambre Precieux. It has a snortingly good citrus ignition (bergamot/mandarin) and a hint of florals (jasmine & freesia) to keep it aloft in the middle. Very, very good indeed. The bottle is tall and elegant and feels beautiful in your hand. Initially I had doubts about the lipstick graffiti on the glass but now I appreciate how cool the whole package is - the London Look - punk and sophistication (God Save the Queen!).

Popular Fragrances