The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Blemish Fade Night Lotion

The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Blemish Fade Night Lotion

3.6

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Solvent/Diluent), Propanediol (Viscosity Modifier), Glycerin (Humectant), Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate (Absorbent/Anticaking Agent), Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil (Skin Conditioning Agent), Silica (Absorbent), Acrylamide/Ammonium Acrylate Copolymer (Binder), Caprylyl Glycol (Skin Conditioning Agent), Ethylhexyl Palmitate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Melaleuca Alternifolia Leaf Oil (Natural Additive), Polyisobutene (Binder), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Emollient), Titanium Dioxide (Sunscreen), Phytosphingosine (Skin Conditioning Agent), Polysorbate 20 (Emulsifier), Sorbitan Isostearate (Emulsifier), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient), Leptospermum Petersonii Oil (Fragrance Ingredient), Tocopherol (Antioxidant).

Throughout the years I've tried quite a few of Body Shop's products, ranging from their Vitamin E line, Seaweed line and the Tea Tree line. Even though their products never really provided any real results, I always end up coming back to The Body Shop because I really want to like this brand (props to their marketing I guess). So here I am again, trying out their Tea Tree Blemish Fade Night Lotion with their Drops of Youth Concentration, in the hope that it would reduce the spots on my face due to a mass breakout that lasted for 9 months.

My Review:
The review for this product is somewhat similar to the review of the Drops of Youth Concentration. I used both products together, and my skin have become better within a short period of time. However, I find that the benefits it provided did not last. I suppose products like this can only help your skin recover so much. in the short run it helps the skin a tiny bit in terms of recovery, but in the long run the difference is negligible.

Application:
I usually use one pump and apply it on my face with patting motions, and the product lasted me for over half a year. It leaves the face feeling a bit minty at the start, and it has a little bit of a sticky consistency. I only use this at night, hence the name night lotion.

Conclusion
It's one of those iffy products that seems to work but also doesn't work? What I mean is, this product has great claims, and they are on the right track by using ingredients such as green tea. However, the results that it actually provides is another story. In general, I think this product is one of those products that doesn't do you harm if you try, but the real results could really differ from people to people.

I've always wondered if product reviews on company websites are reliable, because many reviews says the product works wonders, but so far I can only disagree.

I recently did a review on this product in my blog! You can check out the full content at www.bombinate-kate.blogspot.ca I also wrote a post regarding my current routine that have helped me in reducing breakouts :) hope it helps!

This product is the devil! If you enjoy congested pores and cystic lesions this stuff certainly is for you.

The Body Shop has excellent branding and impressive ethical standards as a company, which I admire, but any true sufferer of acne should steer their ambitions of diminishing acne elsewhere. The tea tree line is disappointing and it took a good 2 months for the true damage it has done to manifest itself. My dermatologist shook his head to see the ingredient list on this line's bb cream, and feel I have been duped by seductive advertising. Natural does not always mean better!

I used this day + night on my chin for about 1 month -- and wow, it is nasty to see. Produced the problem I sought to avoid!

To Read all 178 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/14/2016 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This didn't help my acne at all. It burned on application.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I really love this night fade cream. I put it on my fCe every night before going to bed. And my acne is dissapearing without lefting out any dark spots on my face. ❤️ It really works for my acne prone oily skin. I would recommend it to any of you who wants to try it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Totally love the Tea Tree Skin Care series. IT TOTALLY WORKS FOR MY SKIN
I've using it for 2 years, and it's doing great to me. I was a shy girl because my face was full of red and black acnes, when I started to use this product my friends were like 'what skin care do you use? Your face looks different, its somehow clearer' . And yes I feel the different since I use this product my face becoming less-acne, more brighter (without even whitening it), and less oily.
Love the packaging too, I love the green color its so soft but not for the smell and the price is too expensive (but its worth it though)
Now I don't have to worry about acne and things (bye bye acne)
I will always repurchase this item and the other Tea Tree products, and I will recommend everyone I meet with the same problem as me to use this product.

I don't like to use this product over existing pimples, I find they look bigger the next morning but I really like it to fade old acne marks. It doesn't feel oily but leaves my skin feeling fresh and tingly. I have noticed that before bed if the area is dry and flakey from the spot treatment I use (bye bye blemish) that the spot is lighter and moisturized in the morning without re-clogging the pores. I will be purchasing again!

on 5/26/2015 4:54:00 PM

I love this product. I don't use it every day, but I do use it a couple times a week, or more if I sense a breakout coming on. It's mild, light, has a nice herbal scent, but isn't overpowering the way tea tree oil can be. It helps the skin a lot and feels soothing. On a bad day I'll dab a bit on trouble spots or rub it in my hands and gently pat it on my face, where it has a brief cooling sensation and helps freshen the skin. If a breakout is forthcoming, it does a pretty good job of shrinking it, or even getting rid of it overnight (if it's early or still small, anyways).

I don't use many products up, but this one ... I'm probably on my sixth tube of it.

on 5/17/2015 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This doesn't work. I didn't see a difference in the tone of my skin and realized it broke me out REALLY bad. It took a while to get my skin back on track.

on 4/27/2015 3:08:00 AM

It is a good night cream.I use it in the morning because at night I have an other treatment.It makes your skin a little bit dry but not too much and it makes your pores disappear.keep your skin matt and fresh all the day and it's strong scent disappear .It's just my first day of this treatment so about blemishes I don't know ...But a good cream overall

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have repurchased this night cream twice and I really like it.
First off, I love the scent. I feel like a huge part of my love for the product is the scent....

Second, I'm not sure how much it does to fade my spots but I do see a difference in my face. I always feel like it brighten my skin a bit and adds some life to it! It feel fresh and not heavy for a night cream. Usually night creams feel a bit greasy for my oily skin but this one feels fresh and light while moisturizing a lottt

Give it a try if you like tea tree! I found it worked with my skin!