76%

price range

Reviews

from

6 years ago

I adore the powder form of this primer and have used it for years, but I don't see it on the LM website any more. Instead, there's a "mineral primer" in a tube...what a shame if they've dc'd the powder form. It was a perfect product.

About reviewer (40 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

6 years ago

I actually really loved this primer! It make me skin feel silky and smooth and made my powder foundation look flawless. It is very pricey here in Australia $60-70 so I haven't repurchased it. However, I will in the future because I really did like how it made my skin feel and minimized the appearance of my small pores on my nose. I didn't like the packaging because even without squeezing the tube some product will ooze out

About reviewer (201 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

8 years ago

I love this primer, I use it before my mineral foundation which is nude by nature, I really think it helps to keep my make up on. I Love Love Love the packaging, this is the first powder I have brought that you can actually seal off the product so that none tips into the lid, creating a mess and losing product when opening the container. This saves the product from being wasted, I wish all powder products came like this. The only bad thing I could say is that I was expecting the container to be bigger then it is, I brought this online so I couldn't actually see how big it was before paying. You don't really need a lot of this so I do think it would last a fair while. Great product I highly recommend!

About reviewer (110 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Other, Fine

1.0
from

9 years ago

There are two completely different types of "mineral primer" by LM- a white creamy one in a tube and a loose powder one. My review is for the tube. I hate to bash LM cuz i use alot of her stuff regularly but this just didnt work for me. I had the generously sized sample tube of this and tried it several times with the same disapointing results. My makeup wore off fast and was really splotchy when I used this vs it lasting longer and looking better with smashbox, sephora and other clear silicone gel primers. sorry LM-this is a NO!

About reviewer (456 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Other

10 years ago

Laura Mercier Mineral Primer is simply divine. Not only does it helps the powder stay fresh even longer, it seriously minimizes the appearance of pores and creates a perfect canvas for your face. It also helps the SPF work better and longer, which is super great for the summer time!

About reviewer (67 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Other

EyesBlack

2.0

10 years ago

I really wanted to like this product. I was trying everything to "make" the LM mineral make-up work. Unfortunately it just didn't do anything for me. Not bad, but not worth $30. Also, after having it for about a week I went to use it and what came out was separated (clear oily liquid). Back to Sephora it went.

About reviewer (156 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Other, Other

10 years ago

Wow, I really like this product! I have always loved mineral makeup but it just would not last on my skin, and my skin is NOT oily. Anyway, after reading reviews on this I decided to give it a try. I put this on and right away I noticed that my skin looked flawless. I then put on the Laura Mercier mineral makeup. The makeup goes on smoothly and does not look cakey or unnatural. After a few hours my makeup looks just as good as it does when I first put it on. My face looks smooth and flawless. Definitely a great product and I will buy again.

About reviewer (54 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

1.0

10 years ago

It doesn't work for me. It's sticky and doesn't hold my make up that long. My face got oily by the end of the day. I like Smashbox Primer (light) better. And this is a 30 bucks primer? Not worth it.

About reviewer (107 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

10 years ago

I have dry PPP skin and I wasn't sure how this product would work for me, so I got a sample and tried it. I have to say that it is absolutely outstanding for mineral foundation application. I applied this over my moisturizer and then applied the Laura Geller Balance and Brighton Mineral Foundation. My skin looked flawless - no caking, no lines, no wrinkles. Plus, the foundation stayed all day and I never touched it up. My make-up was flawless. This product is outstanding and I highly recommend it for all powder foundations for a fabulous flawless finish. What I did notice about this primer is that it did cause my foundation to turn a little darker than usual, so make sure your mineral make-up is exactly the correct shade for your skin or you will look too dark.

About reviewer (148 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

10 years ago

I have the habit of investigating a product's "doube agent" abilities, and I am usually rewarded. In the present case, it's Laura Mercier's Mineral Primer powder. The other day, I was in a hurry (something I HATE therefore, I usually try to avoid) and I dipped into my drawer looking for my MUFE's HD powder. When I realized I had the wrong jar, I decided to go ahead and use it anyway. I was surprised at the very natural and pretty finish I got with this product. It honestly looked like I had no powder at all. Much better even than MUFE's. It got rid of the shinies, but did not look powdery AT ALL. I also used it under powder fdt. (any) and before retouching my face with regular powder. And was happy on both occasions. Now this is the only thing I use to set fdt. I hope to goodness they won't discontinue it, as it usually happens whenever I fall in love with a product (crosses fingers).

About reviewer (702 reviews)

Age56 & Over