4.2

price range

Reviews

3.0

9 years ago

Goes on powdery, with an onset of too much floral, but mellows into a soft ambery powder with citrus like notes. Amazingly nice for AP, who as yet hadn't made anything I could remotely wear. This isn't earth-shattering, but it's very pretty in the dry down and wears easily.

About reviewer (1714 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Fine

10 years ago

This is AMAZING. My favourite AP perfume, I always get compliments whenever I wear AP perfumes but I like how this one seems to smell much darker and sexier and dirtier than the others. Absolutely adore it. Fantastic 'staying power' too - can still smell it at the end of the day.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

Age

SkinOther, Other, Cool

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

10 years ago

The cigarette accord reminds me of Maboussin, but in Strip it is actually pleasant and not ashtray-like as in the other. Warm, stays close to skin, nice cozy fragrance, better for cooler weather. Has an oriental feel to me, but not overwhelming or too heavy. I can smell traces of the original Agent Provocateur in it, but I think Strip is much better. The packaging quality is very good, but the bottle is ugly as sin. I liked the porcelain bottle of the original AP, but this glassy-plasticky egg is hideous. I wish this juice was in the original pink porcelain bottle.

About reviewer (121 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Other

HairBrown

EyesBlue

10 years ago

I am a fragrance fiend, flitting from one to another weekly, and yet this one has managed to hold my attention. It's a dynamic scent, somehow giving off warm and dirty and soft vibes all at once. I purchased it on a whim from TJ Maxx for a very decent price and I'm so glad I did! I feel irresistible after applying Strip. It is the only fragrance that I consistently get compliments for (males and females). The bottle could be better constructed, but I like that it's sassy. Anywho the bottom line is i LOVE it, and it's unfortunate that it's only a limited edition perfume!

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone

HairBrunette

10 years ago

1940s gangster~cigar~classy mistress~smokey club~style perfume - this is awesome!!! This is such a pretty perfume, it opens with an obvious smokey note, it so reminds me of a pin stripe clad ganster with his bowler sitting in a club, cigar in one hand and jewel dripping mistress in the other! This one has a sh*tload of sex appeal, the smokey note settles to a sweet *almost candy but not quite* scent. There is a nice musky amber base, its warm and seductive and IMHO the best of ALL the AP fragrances. I will repurchase this in a heartbeat!

About reviewer (80 reviews)

SkinNormal, Olive, Cool

HairBrunette, Other, Other

10 years ago

An absolutely beautiful peppery rose in a pretty bottle! In my opinion, it's the best perfume out of all of the ones AP has made. It's a pity that a perfume house's best perfume is always a limited edition. D:

About reviewer (54 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

10 years ago

Sweet, spicy, sexy yumminess! Smells good enough to eat and yet not at all gourmand and not so sweet that it's sickly. Like many of the previous reviewers I really hope that AP bring this back into production rather than writing it off as a limited edition. I gave this 5 lippies, despite the fact that it doesn't have great longevity on me, because I just love the smell so much. This is definitely the sexiest of the APs but I also find it easier to wear than the original AP or Maitresse. I don't find it to be particularly strong as some reviewers have commented. On me its actually fairly subdued and polite...BUT...there is some kind of secret sexy naughtiness hiding in there. Despite its allure I don't think 'Strip' is an appropriate name for this scent - I don't find anything cheap or tacky about it, which is what the name suggests to me. (BTW, I've never heard of musk sticks but if they are at all reminiscent of this scent I'd love to try one - can anyone advise if these are available in the UK?)

About reviewer (57 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

10 years ago

I adore this fragrance - it's extremely sexy. Although I get a very distinct smell of musk sticks, which could make it very girly and young smelling, the overall effect is very reminiscent of Moulin Rouge.....red velvet lounges and cigars. I absolutely adore a fragrance that takes me to another place in time and Strip does that perfectly every time I wear it. Close your eyes and you can really imagine yourself in some cigar lounge from another period in time. It's very boudoir and very sexy......if there was a scent for "lust", Strip would be it!! Absolutely adore this but unfortunately it seems to be quite difficult to come by. This is my favourite AP fragrance hands down.

About reviewer (202 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrunette

from

11 years ago

Imagine stripping down to nothing but your french knickers & silk stockings after a long hot day. You're feeling unwashed in a sexy way and you wrap yourself in a man's freshly ironed shirt and suck on a musk stick to freshen your mouth. I agree this has a lot in common with MPG Ambre Precieux and also Vivienne Westwood "Let it Rock" (they've probably sourced the same amber because Agent Provocateur is the creation of Vivienne Westwood's son). But rather than the 'smoky' description mentioned, I find Strip has a scorching element more like hot, crisp ironing (this may be why it also reminds me of Fabulon - an Australian spray starch). It has a very sweet 'musk stick' lollie accord which is playful but the overall result is still very adult & very sexy. I've read that it was designed to be an arousing, naughty, suggestive scent. It's a boudoir-style fragrance - a little bit feminine, a little bit sweet, a little bit spicy and a little bit dirty (perhaps even lewd). They've convinced me. I love it.

About reviewer (58 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Curly, Fine

from

11 years ago

This is a nice sultry vanilla, nightclub cigars in the air scent...love it...oriental spices with smoky vanilla base....smells like ..JEAN PAUL GUN..WOMENS FRAGRANCE...THE FIRST ONE....SMELLS EXACTLY THE SAME ON ! THE ONE WITH THE WOMAN SHAPED BOTTLE....SMELLS SO THE SAME...CIGARETTES ?...NO...BUT A VANILLA CIGAR...VERY NICE.

About reviewer (315 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Warm