MAC Paint Pot - Groundwork

MAC Paint Pot - Groundwork

4.5

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

on 11/8/2017 5:50:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I love this paintpot. Its what i wear on my eyes when i jst want a simple shade of color on them. Its brown but very neutral. It looks like i have nothing on my eye but a little shadow for depth. Its the best paintpot ive come across. I wear this under shadow and i dont mind that its a bit dark for some looks i wear brown looks anyways nothing too crazy colorful so its a great color for me. It hasnt dried out ive had mind for months maybe a year even and its still cream. I wear this and blush concealer and lipstick and i can get out the house and feel put together. Def repurchase if i run out

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I saw it all over the internet and bought it last week. It's the perfect light brown hue for my light-medium skin. It definitely looks super natural, so if you like a bold eye look, it's not for you. It's great for days where I don't want to make it obvious that I'm wearing eyeshadow: just gives more depth to my eyelids. You can also use it as a sheer tone for an easy smoky eye. I'm a fan of cream eyeshadows, and anything that I can work all over my eyelids with my fingertips or a brush without making a mess or having to be precise. This is just perfect. Love it!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a medium soft peachy brown cream shadow. It's great paired with Painterly or Soft Ochre. You can use it if you are light toned as a crease or transition color. If you are dark toned, you can use it as a lid cream base.

Has a very slight shimmer look but is essentially matte-satin consistency. It's a neutral taupe, maybe slightly to the pink but not orange or red or yellw.

Makes a very quick eye with Painterly. Stroke the light color all over, put Groundwork in the crease (I use a flat concealer type brush for this.) Line with khol, mascara, done.

on 8/14/2017 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Love this, one of the creamier paint pots, the colour is a warmish beige, I find it very versatile and flattering just on its own to add a little definition and it's a great base for a brown smokey eye. I apply with my finger and find it blends easily. Looks lovely mixed with Constructivist too.

on 8/3/2017 2:14:00 AM

I love this eyeshadows base. Perfekt shade and very creamy. Long lasting.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I got this as a sort of gift, and while it is not a shade I would've picked for myself, it is still very nice. I am quite fair, so it is not a nude/skin tone base on me, but it does still work well as a base for medium or darker eye looks. The consistency is really nice and creamy, but it dries down well and helps to amplify whatever shadows are put on top of it. The packaging is okay, I think the cap could be flat so it would be easier to stack/store with other similarly sized products, but otherwise it is fine. I wouldn't repurchase this is I ran out due to MAC's testing policy, but I will use up what I have.

I bought this product at the duty free when my flight got delayed with zero expectations; Mac products are a bit of hit and miss with me. But this one works and how, it covers my veiny eyelids and gives a very polished look. with the weather turning cold I have started smudging this under the eyes (Lower lash line) and tight lining it with EL Doublewear pencil in coffee, maximum impact with minimal effort.
I do screw on the lid very tightly and store it upside down because I fear it will dry out. There is a lot of product and I doubt I will run out anytime soon, in all probability it will dry out before I hit pan.

on 1/13/2016 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

So glad I picked this up. I love the consistency of this cream shadow. It is almost matte, but more like a satin. It doesn't dry my eyes out. The color is a neutral-warm brown on me and looks great on its own with my blue eyes. I use this as a one-color wash, blended into the crease and smudged into the lower lashline. I also like to put this on the lid and dab a shimmery pink-ish shadow on top of it. I like Mac Vintage Selection paint pot or Stila Kitten best. It warms my eyes up and makes for a beautiful simple eye.

on 12/19/2016 7:18:00 AM

It is so stunning, smooth, not drying my eyelids, long lasting, can be used as base or just itself, I put this one stuff on and nothing else on my lazy days. Definatly will repurchase

I love this, it feels heavy. It blends super easy and is a quick product to use in the morning!