MAC Paint Pot - Groundwork

MAC Paint Pot - Groundwork

4.5

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I got this as a sort of gift, and while it is not a shade I would've picked for myself, it is still very nice. I am quite fair, so it is not a nude/skin tone base on me, but it does still work well as a base for medium or darker eye looks. The consistency is really nice and creamy, but it dries down well and helps to amplify whatever shadows are put on top of it. The packaging is okay, I think the cap could be flat so it would be easier to stack/store with other similarly sized products, but otherwise it is fine. I wouldn't repurchase this is I ran out due to MAC's testing policy, but I will use up what I have.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a medium soft peachy brown cream shadow. It's great paired with Painterly or Soft Ochre. You can use it if you are light toned as a crease or transition color. If you are dark toned, you can use it as a lid cream base.

Has a very slight shimmer look but is essentially matte-satin consistency. It's a neutral taupe, maybe slightly to the pink but not orange or red or yellw.

Makes a very quick eye with Painterly. Stroke the light color all over, put Groundwork in the crease (I use a flat concealer type brush for this.) Line with khol, mascara, done.

I love this, it feels heavy. It blends super easy and is a quick product to use in the morning!

on 12/19/2016 7:18:00 AM

It is so stunning, smooth, not drying my eyelids, long lasting, can be used as base or just itself, I put this one stuff on and nothing else on my lazy days. Definatly will repurchase

on 1/13/2016 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

So glad I picked this up. I love the consistency of this cream shadow. It is almost matte, but more like a satin. It doesn't dry my eyes out. The color is a neutral-warm brown on me and looks great on its own with my blue eyes. I use this as a one-color wash, blended into the crease and smudged into the lower lashline. I also like to put this on the lid and dab a shimmery pink-ish shadow on top of it. I like Mac Vintage Selection paint pot or Stila Kitten best. It warms my eyes up and makes for a beautiful simple eye.

I bought this product at the duty free when my flight got delayed with zero expectations; Mac products are a bit of hit and miss with me. But this one works and how, it covers my veiny eyelids and gives a very polished look. with the weather turning cold I have started smudging this under the eyes (Lower lash line) and tight lining it with EL Doublewear pencil in coffee, maximum impact with minimal effort.
I do screw on the lid very tightly and store it upside down because I fear it will dry out. There is a lot of product and I doubt I will run out anytime soon, in all probability it will dry out before I hit pan.

on 8/21/2014 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I use groundwork as a crease colour and was surprised at how creamy this product is! When I think of budge proof and long lasting make up I expect it to be horribly dry and matte, definitely not this! It is so gorgeous and creamy and doesn't drag on the skin in the slightest, it is about 90% matte and 10% just natural, but as it dries it goes more matte and will not budge. It is definitely a warm brown/bronzey colour, definitely not a boring grey, it will make green eyes pop especially! Such a diverse colour, I love it!

on 7/1/2014 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is a go-to crease color for me. I've had a few paint pots in the past but never really fell in love with them until I got the 217 brush, then it completely changed how I felt about them. I use the 217 and just do a light sweep into my crease and all the sudden I have natural, soft looking definition, which is great since I have hooded eyes and I prefer a lighter touch with crease colors.

Beautiful neutral brown that works with everything. It never pulls ruddy or dirty looking. I can build it up easily and it doesn't look cakey. Feels creamy but thin and lightweight. I swear this little jar is going to last forever I barely need any each time I use it. And as long as I keep the lid closed tightly it doesn't feel any drier than when I bought it a year ago.

Love!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

You tend to forget just how lovely a new jar of Paint Pot is - so creamy smooth and soft. I've got a jar of Painterly that is several years old and while it's still going strong, it's not as smooth as when it was young (well, who among us is?). So when I opened this new jar of Groundwork - a lovely soft taupey light brown - I was thrilled by its texture and the smooth, easy application. This is a great shadow for a simple, every day, workplace perfect look. Groundwork on the lid with either pencil liner (smudged) or a darker shadow smudged along my lash line and something slightly darker to define the crease and I feel polished and appropriate.

The great thing about all of the Paint Pots that I've used is that they don't crease and last all day long and work either as shadows in their own right or as terrific bases for other eye shadows. For example, Cargo Yukon or Stila Grace applied over Groundwork makes a lovely effect with very pretty sheen. Nars Kalahari really comes to life if I use Groundwork as a base. And whatever shadow you apply on top will also last for a good 10 hours or more.

on 3/30/2014 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

LOVE THIS. I think mac's description of if is accurate, it is a soft medium brown with a taupe undertone. I got this a little over a year ago and it's still as creamy as the day I got it. I put this as a 4 for price because you get SOO much product and you only need a little for each use. This will last you a while before you need to repurchase. $20 does seem like a little much at first but when you think about what you're getting its not so bad. I love using this on the lid with Charcoal Brown eyeshadow (MAC) in the crease for a "naked" eye. You can also tightline or waterline with some black or brown liner for a little drama. I personally don't use this as a base just because I rarely use a base. I let my eye primer do that then just apply shadow. However, I am NC45 and I can tell this would be a good base for women of color. With that being said, women with a deeper complexion may find this too light to use a base. Packaging is standard Mac, classy looking glass with a black lid. Great product.