4.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

I bought this on the basis of an internet recommendation and I'm so glad I did. So quick and easy to use and lasts all day without creasing or crumbling - I don't even need to use a primer underneath it. I have blue eyes and this product makes them look 'done' without any further effort. Would be lovely for green eyes aswell. €22 - not cheap but a little goes a long way.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

2 years ago

I like to use this tone as eyeshadow (and nothing else on top) for a fresh nude look. I love the fact this eyeshadow/primer is in a pot, so it is easy to apply and to keep. I don't like those eyeshadows/primers in pencil form which are a pain to sharpen.

About reviewer (80 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBlond

2 years ago

I love this paintpot. Its what i wear on my eyes when i just want a simple shade of color on them. Its light brown but very neutral. Its taupey and caramelly at the same time i am C1 nc20 and it looks beautiful because its not a matte flat shade . It looks like i have nothing on my eyes but a little shadow for depth. Its the best paintpot ive come across. It hasnt dried out ive had mine for months, maybe a year even and its still creamy. i love this for natural no makeup makeup look. Looks especially good if you have eyelash extensions. Ive tried this with my smokey eye with one eye just using concealer and one eye using this as a base. The eye with the base is more intense and lasted longer than the eye without it Edit - May 2019, on my 3rd Groundwork and still is a staple. I now use Wet n Wild as a base so i have zero creasing. I also use Cork in the crease and Brule as my browbone highlight to blend everything out. My go to !

About reviewer (417 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

2 years ago

I saw it all over the internet and bought it last week. It's the perfect light brown hue for my light-medium skin; it's a brown with a white base, as opposed to a transparent color, and it's sheer precisely because it's mixed with white pigment, so it will be darker on fair complexions, but probably very light and beige-y on a dark skin. On my light-medium skin, it definitely looks super natural, so if you like a bold eye look, it's not for you. It's great for days where I don't want to make it obvious that I'm wearing eyeshadow: just gives more depth to my eyelids. You can also use it as a sheer tone for an easy smoky eye. I'm a fan of cream eyeshadows, and anything that I can work all over my eyelids with my fingertips or a brush without making a mess or having to be precise. This is just perfect. Love it!

About reviewer (94 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

3 years ago

Love this, one of the creamier paint pots, the colour is a warmish beige, I find it very versatile and flattering just on its own to add a little definition and it's a great base for a brown smokey eye. I apply with my finger and find it blends easily. Looks lovely mixed with Constructivist too.

About reviewer (74 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

I love this eyeshadows base. Perfekt shade and very creamy. Long lasting.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesGray

3 years ago

I got this as a sort of gift, and while it is not a shade I would've picked for myself, it is still very nice. I am quite fair, so it is not a nude/skin tone base on me, but it does still work well as a base for medium or darker eye looks. The consistency is really nice and creamy, but it dries down well and helps to amplify whatever shadows are put on top of it. The packaging is okay, I think the cap could be flat so it would be easier to stack/store with other similarly sized products, but otherwise it is fine. I wouldn't repurchase this is I ran out due to MAC's testing policy, but I will use up what I have.

About reviewer (564 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

3 years ago

This is a medium soft peachy brown cream shadow. It's great paired with Painterly or Soft Ochre. You can use it if you are light toned as a crease or transition color. If you are dark toned, you can use it as a lid cream base. Has a very slight shimmer look but is essentially matte-satin consistency. It's a neutral taupe, maybe slightly to the pink but not orange or red or yellw. Makes a very quick eye with Painterly. Stroke the light color all over, put Groundwork in the crease (I use a flat concealer type brush for this.) Line with khol, mascara, done.

About reviewer (241 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

3 years ago

I love this, it feels heavy. It blends super easy and is a quick product to use in the morning!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesOther

3 years ago

It is so stunning, smooth, not drying my eyelids, long lasting, can be used as base or just itself, I put this one stuff on and nothing else on my lazy days. Definatly will repurchase

About reviewer (123 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium