MAC Lipglass in Lychee Luxe

MAC Lipglass in Lychee Luxe
Lipglass in Lychee LuxeLipglass in Lychee LuxeMAC Love Nectar, Posh it Up!, Lychee Luxe

4.2

Lychee Luxe is a lipglass shade I had been lemming for a long time, but was always sold out at my local counter! Finally I found a MAC counter that had it in stock, so of course I picked it up. I am so, so glad to have finally found this shade - it is incredibly gorgeous. I am a big fan of MAC’s lipglass formula, I love the high shine finish and always have good luck with the wear time. On my lips, Lychee Luxe wears for around 4 hours. It remains shiny and tacky for the duration of it’s wear time. I find this lipglass to feel moisturising on the lips, it doesn’t cause any dryness or peeling. The colour also does not bleed or sink into liplines. The colou itself is a gorgeous shade of sheer coral with shimmer. I find it gives a gorgeous pop of colour to the lips without being too intense. I believe this shade would particularly flatter warmer skintones. This is such a gorgeous gloss and I would highly recommend it, and I will definitely be repurchasing it when I finish my tube!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

The most wearable coral gloss: not too orange, bright, or shimmery; can be worn opaque, or more sheer with lip balm underneath. The touch of true golden shimmer is what really makes it special. Lychee Luxe also gives fabulous shine and dimension over orange, coral, or even red lipsticks. I love MAC Lipglasses in general because they're sticky enough to wear with any lip balm, and smell like vanilla cake.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

the perfect bright coral ( without being too "in your face") for spring and summer! Stays on pretty well. Like all other mac lipglasses, it's VERY stick. I dont think this color would be flattering on those with red hair. I would def recommend!

on 10/5/2013 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I agree with the previous reviewer that stickiness = long wearing. I know two glosses that stay on for a long time, MUFE super lipgloss and the lipglass from MAC.

If you want confort wear a creamy type of lipgloss but then you need to reapply more. On most days I don't wear MAC lipglosses but this is lovely for a night out. The color is very bright and warm. It's not the most flattering color for fair neutral cool women like me, but it's a nice change.

I wouldn't repurchase this shade per say, but I see a lot of women pulling it off during the day or night.

on 6/5/2013 8:04:00 PM

I love everything about this gloss: the beautiful, sexy color that it imparts on my lips, the wand, AND the stickiness. I don't know why so many people don't like the stickiness factor of some glosses, but for me, I view it as staying power. Slippery gloss comes right off, this stays put for a long time.

on 6/5/2013 5:37:00 AM

Great color payoff, another quality product by MAC. main gripe is the stickiness. however i can deal with that because i can't find a similar color from other brands. It is in between a pink and coral color. perfect for daytime wear.

I am not typically a lipgloss fan but I really like this one.

The colour is a pretty coral, peachy pink. It really works to brighten up my face.
The other thing I like about this is the texture. Its not sticky like most lipgloss. I will buy again.

on 4/12/2013 1:59:00 AM

I'm giving mine away because the formula is so sticky and drying (same as all the other MAC lip gloss I used), the lasting powder is weak and the shimmering color just doesn't work for me. Be careful with this one, it's a really shimmering frosty bright color which will certainly not look good on every skin tone.

on 1/16/2013 11:05:00 AM

This is my first Lipglass and I am in love! I am pale-skinned, have ashy blonde hair and medium-pigmented lips. I was looking for the perfect coral gloss and this is it! Wear it alone with a light hand, it gives a beautiful subtle coral tint/shine. Add more, it turns into a fun, bright color that will be perfect for the summer or for a me-but-better look. Then, my favorite--I wear it over Chanel's Rough Allure Coromandel Lipstick for a WOW. The two pair perfectly together. Either I will apply Coromandel normally (a vivid red) plus Lychee Luxe for an attention-drawing red lip, or I will apply Coromandel and blot it, then add Lychee Luxe, for the perfect shiny, rosy pink/coral shade. Yes, this lipgloss is sticky, but it's not the stickiest I've ever had. I like the amount of "stick" here, because it helps it stay on. Yesterday, I wore it for about four hours and it lasted through rain, drinking and snacking. Plus, if I ever want it less sticky and more subtle then I can just tone it down with some Burt's Bees. I definitely recommend this if you're looking for a lively, versatile coral color!

This was the first MAC lipglass I purchased. It has a nice coral color with fine golden shimmer. It goes on evenly, doesn't settle into lip lines or bunch up. It's very pretty, but unfortunately, the wear is horrendous (2 hours). It has that lovely vanilla MAC smell, and I'm quite fond of the sticky/tacky texture of these glosses. Lychee Luxe is a pretty color, but I don't think it's worth reapplying so constantly. The wear could definitely be improved.

(Read the full review at peakvolume.blogspot.com)