OPI Catherine the Grape

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
OPI Catherine the Grape
OPI Catherine the GrapeOPI Catherine the grapeCatherine the GrapeCatherine the GrapeCatherine the Grape

4.3

on 2/8/2014 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Gorgeous vintage polish. Catherine The Grape was released several years back and was limited edition but it is still readily available on line for purchase. However, the price is inflated, so I ended up paying $18 for my bottle including shipping. This is a beautiful dusty plum polish and has a very vintage nostalgic feel and look to it. The shade is very flattering to my fair skin and this is a warm color. I have had this on for a week now and it has worn wonderfully without chipping, fading, and minimal tip wear. This has a special sleeve on the cap stating that this has a new pro wide brush, and while it is not as big as the professional style brushes in the Wet n' Wild Megalast line, it didn't look any different from the brush in the new OPI polishes I have that are current. I was able to get my pinkies painted in only 1 stroke and most others in only 2. The formula on this was a little thin at first and the first coat goes on much more sheer than I was expecting but the second coat was all it needed for full opacity and a beautiful rich color. In the bottle this looks very dusty and plum with gold. On the nail it dries a bit darker and a burgandy color and while the gold is still present it's not as apparent. I have had this on almost a week now and I am so in love with this polish. I've had compliments on the beautiful color. I don't regret paying nearly $20 for this now and it was a Christmas gift anyway so why not splurge? I am going to get many wonderful manicures from this one bottle. Love.

on 11/10/2011 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Such a pretty color! I have warm-toned skin and purple isn't typically a color that works well for me. Catherine the Grape is a darker purple with slight warm shimmer. This color is from OPI's 2007 fall/winter Russian collection. OPI describes this as "a royally grand shade of wine". I found it easier to apply than other OPI polishes, for some reason.

on 9/14/2010 4:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I adore this nail polish. The color is so beautiful! It changes from dusty grape to reddish plum on me, depending on light. Microshimmer gives it depth and elegance. Pictures don't show it's beauty.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I always have a french manicure on my hands, and colored polish on my toes. It's mid-October now and I wanted a darker pretty "autumn" color for my toes. Don't get me wrong, this color IS pretty. But it looks much different in the bottle than on my toes. In the bottle: it looks like maybe a medium/dark, sorta plum-ish with pretty gold tones. But on my toes: it's darker and more grape than plum, with very subtle gold tones in it. It is a pretty color, but not what I expected. I guess I thought it would be "warmer" with all the goldtones I saw. But, I'll keep it on my toes till after Halloween since it kinda goes with the season. Then once November hits, I'll go get another pedi and switch the color to "Midnight in Moscow"!! I just bought that, and it looks beautiful!! Would I buy this color again? Probably not, just because it's not warm enough for my taste.

Popular Polishes